How many players have Mic used this season.

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

pathay

How many players have Mic used this season.

Post by pathay » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:13 am

I ask this because at Cardiff we have so far used 22 players in six games. And still our manager hasn't a clue which is his best combination. He has a a squad of 29 all reported to be good players in their own right but see no shape at all in his selection.
Yesterday against Norwich for the first 30 minutes we were playing them off the park scoring two cracking goals. Went in at HT two goals up . Second half they brought on Jeromme and started to play wide. Ole didn't have a clue as he made substitutions which were unbelievable and Norwich ran all over us scoring four in the second half. Look out within the coming weeks when another Manager bites the dust
Mick appears to have spent very little yet at this stage you sit above us in the table. So much for being regarded as one of the money bag clubs of the Division. It goes to prove that even with money if you haven't the know how it's of very little use.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: How many players have Mic used this season.

Post by Bluemike » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:40 am

I am not sure as to the number of players MM has used so far this season but I have always maintained having money isnt the be all and end all of a successful side, it is how you use it, even them getting good freebies in (Berra) can be equally as effective. We have posters on here that wet themselves because we havent spent millions and millions and seem to think we are doomed to fail after five games.

It is interesting that you think despite your abundance of wealth that OGS will be on his way in the coming weeks, there is no way on gods earth that will be happening here, sometimes we really should be careful what we wish for, we are luckier than many realise. We were disappointed at losing 1-0 to the scum witha goal that shouldnt have stood, your result yesterday kinda puts it into perspective i think.
Last edited by Bluemike on Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:11 pm

I think MM has been pretty consistent with his team selection. For me, the fact that he changed a few things yesterday was a breath of fresh air. It does appear we're beginning to build a little depth in the squad, and that can only be a positive. I don't think you have to spend a lot of money to get the right mix of players, but sometimes it helps if the squad is full of average players. Like I've said before though, if you're not gonna spend any money you also have to be prepared to break in a few youngsters (if you've got any with talent). Another breath of fresh air is seeing Teddy Bishop get plenty of playing time. I like the direction we're heading right now, but it will be a long process.

pathay

Post by pathay » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:38 pm

I see you have another good win under your belts. I honestly think many on here are too negative when you talk about your team. Mick is a canny old bugger with a mass of experience who knows what he is doing. Unlike OGS in Cardiff who it is reported has put together the strongest a best squad we have ever had. Some pundits have said we have have enough talent to put two good Championship sides out each week yet OGS can't put together one. He has used 23 players now in 7 games and still hasn't found a settled 11.Tonight against a very poor Borough side we looked like a Sunday Pub side. The first time in many years I have witnessed the team bood off the field . OGS hasn't got a clue and I won't be surprised to hear he's gone tomorrow. In fact reports coming from within the club say that there was an emergency meeting after the game tonight.
Anyway well done with another good win tonight.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:02 am

Thanks Pathay and you are spot on about the unjustified negativity that abounds on here, you kinda get used to it now I am afraid to say.

pathay

Post by pathay » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:23 pm

Looks as if my prediction was correct. OGS called to
London for crises talks with Vincent Tan and other management. Pulis being spoken of as his replacement. Old Cardiff boy and supporter in his younger days

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:32 pm

Even though you may be very correct regarding the negativity on this forum, Pathay, I think the very last thing this ITFC forum needs is a supporter of a different club piping in on the "negativity" thing. Not a dig at you mate, honest...... But if the truth were known, this great forum is f**king dying and it's largely due to the negative and positive camps being complete arses when trying to express their views. A Cardiff fan adding their tuppence ha'penny worth regarding ITFC supporters views isn't going to be welcome with most I'd imagine. When I say "most", I mean the thousands who view, but don't post. I wish this place was filled with people with thicker skin, but sadly it's not.

The forum needs the people who think ITFC would've been beaten by a "My Granny XI" past two games to post without fear.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:45 pm

marko69 wrote:Even though you may be very correct regarding the negativity on this forum, Pathay, I think the very last thing this ITFC forum needs is a supporter of a different club piping in on the "negativity" thing. Not a dig at you mate, honest...... But if the truth were known, this great forum is f**king dying and it's largely due to the negative and positive camps being complete arses when trying to express their views. A Cardiff fan adding their tuppence ha'penny worth regarding ITFC supporters views isn't going to be welcome with most I'd imagine. When I say "most", I mean the thousands who view, but don't post. I wish this place was filled with people with thicker skin, but sadly it's not.

The forum needs the people who think ITFC would've been beaten by a "My Granny XI" past two games to post without fear.
HEAR! HEAR!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:08 pm

Marko if people are "afraid" to come on here and post their opinions then quite frankly mate they need to grow a bloody pair, I have never heard such a load of old cobblers in all my life, it is playground stuff mate.

I have no issue at all with people who post their opinions however much they differ from mine, what I cant stand and wont accept are the so callled fans who go awol everytime we win because there is little to whinge about, and who then come running out of the woodwork faster than Usain bolt as soon as we lose, it is so blatantly obvious who they are and I dont care who doesnt like it I will challenge it every day of the week, I suspect some of them are not town fans anyway, you have even alluded to this problem yourself on a post of yours.

I dont see the harm in what Pathay has said, it often takes a neutral to identify just what the truth is and I suspect people wont like his thoughts because they hit a nerve with some.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:17 pm

My Hear! Hear! is for free speech...I couldn't care less if Pathay posts on here.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:49 pm

pathay wrote:Looks as if my prediction was correct. OGS called to
London for crises talks with Vincent Tan and other management. Pulis being spoken of as his replacement. Old Cardiff boy and supporter in his younger days
Hi Pathay: all the time you have an arsehole director like Tan on board who has completely f****ed up Cardiff City, with his little ways to alienate the fans, and to get rid of Malky, huge mistake, and if he thinks he can employ Tony Pullis and interfere with his team selections, then I think Tony will flatly turn it down, as there are better situations for his managerial skills, than an interfering tw*t like Tan

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:36 pm

9...... I have no issue with Pathay posting. Not one bit. I like hearing news from other clubs etc, him and Wolfie etc...... But there is an issue with this very board, and that issue is exactly what you say, Mike..... Growing of balls required. A fan of a completely different club voicing an opinion that the negativity is maybe a bit strong ain't going to remedy that.

Maybe my opinion is a bit strong, but I just think that a forum of almost 5.5K members only has a handful that now post. Last week, the posts went almost two full days with no new posts. And I can almost see the trepidation in AndyM's posts when he makes it clear (to him) that ITFC are in fact (results aside) still playing Shyte.

I dunno. Bring back Pants Storm and other like minded contributors.

Just to be clear, I ain't trying to stir up sh*t, ..... Maybe it's a reverse psychology thing to get everyone posting again..... Including Pathay.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:39 pm

I agree the board seems less active than a year or two ago.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:45 pm

marko69 wrote:9...... I have no issue with Pathay posting. Not one bit. I like hearing news from other clubs etc, him and Wolfie etc...... But there is an issue with this very board, and that issue is exactly what you say, Mike..... Growing of balls required. A fan of a completely different club voicing an opinion that the negativity is maybe a bit strong ain't going to remedy that.

Maybe my opinion is a bit strong, but I just think that a forum of almost 5.5K members only has a handful that now post. Last week, the posts went almost two full days with no new posts. And I can almost see the trepidation in AndyM's posts when he makes it clear (to him) that ITFC are in fact (results aside) still playing Shyte.

I dunno. Bring back Pants Storm and other like minded contributors.

Just to be clear, I ain't trying to stir up sh*t, ..... Maybe it's a reverse psychology thing to get everyone posting again..... Including Pathay.
I had no issue with Andys post at all, although I disagreed with it 100%, at least he posted his thoughts and a reason behind it, others dont they just churn out the "we are crap" card and that is it, drives me nuts.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:47 pm

Example of a recent Hibs site conversation:

Fan 1: Great result. Hopefully Stubbsy has turned the corner.
Fan 2: Are you a f**king dickhead or what?
Fan 1: 3 points, job done.
Fan 2: We needed the ref to add on 7 fkn minutes to get the result. Did you see the other 96 minutes?
Fan 1: I did, and we played some neat stuff.
Fan 2: we were playing Cowden-fkn-Beath at Easter Road. I'd expect to be playing "neat" stuff.
Fan 1: and we played neat stuff, that's what I said you fkn tit .
Fan 2: Stubbsy better get his act together of he can fk off back to Everton.
Fan 3: Stubbsy ain't going anywhere. Shut up you arse.
Fan 4: Ditto.
Fan 2: Fannies.....

That's what forums are all about ^^^^^ :lol:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:42 pm

I need to get nasty then LOL.

pathay

Post by pathay » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:04 pm

Lads I didn't mean to cause any offence with my remarks over negativity but obviously I raised a sore point. Marko says your team are playing shyte but they are grinding out results . Now when Cardiff run away with the Championship they played absolute shyte but ground out results. It didn't do us much good other than a year up top and a few mil to play with. Has have been stated Tan who by the way saved Cardiff from going out of business cocked up with his rebrand and alienated a large section of fans and split the fan base. However I disagree that he was wrong to sack Malky because despite spending millions on rubbish we were still playing shyte and of coarse it was to be proved there were other matters which Tan had found out about which have no place in society let alone football. So he and his side kick had to go.
I visit and post on a number of sites but do so with the intent to find out what's going on at other clubs with no intent to offend.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:21 pm

You havent offended me at all, I am glad you post on here. The thing is we arent playing shyte, seeing a few highlights once in a blue moon or the odd game can be most misleading, then there are those that will slag the team off whatever they do, Going from bottom of the league to four points off the play offs in 18 months isnt good enough, we have to be like the Brazil team of the 70's too, and all this without spending a bean. It beggars belief, I actually do wonder if we the fans deserve a good team to be honest with you.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:56 pm

pathay wrote:Lads I didn't mean to cause any offence with my remarks over negativity but obviously I raised a sore point. Marko says your team are playing shyte but they are grinding out results . Now when Cardiff run away with the Championship they played absolute shyte but ground out results. It didn't do us much good other than a year up top and a few mil to play with. Has have been stated Tan who by the way saved Cardiff from going out of business cocked up with his rebrand and alienated a large section of fans and split the fan base. However I disagree that he was wrong to sack Malky because despite spending millions on rubbish we were still playing shyte and of coarse it was to be proved there were other matters which Tan had found out about which have no place in society let alone football. So he and his side kick had to go.
I visit and post on a number of sites but do so with the intent to find out what's going on at other clubs with no intent to offend.
Na man, I never said that. Attending fans say that. I wouldn't say that because....., as Bluemike alluded to, I only see highlights once in a blue moon.

What are the Cardiff forums like? Lively? Or dead as a tree stump like this place?

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:59 pm

Yeah it's great that you post on here Pathay, whatever you have to say, it's a breathe of fresh air having supporters of other clubs around with impartial views, all seem to be nice chaps too. Everyone else seems to get so polarised and full of emotion on most subjects that there's often little space left for rational conversation!

pathay

Post by pathay » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:13 am

In answer to the question regarding our forums I can tell you they are very lively with a dozen or more posts a day. The last couple of days have seen more but like all forums some talk a a load of crap some are funny and many serious. You can imaging the talk at the moment is who will be our next manager because. It is reported that OGS has cleared his desk and walked away with £3 mil. The colour of our shirts seem to have gone way down the pecking order.
Speeding and parking tickets are another regular topic. The hatred of Tan seems to have cooled since the revealing of the antics of Mackay and Moody.
A question for Marko. Somebody by the name of Hartley has cropped up as a possible candidate for manager. He is currently manager in the Scottish League. Any knowledge of him.

pathay

Post by pathay » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:17 am

marko69 wrote:
pathay wrote:Lads I didn't mean to cause any offence with my remarks over negativity but obviously I raised a sore point. Marko says your team are playing shyte but they are grinding out results . Now when Cardiff run away with the Championship they played absolute shyte but ground out results. It didn't do us much good other than a year up top and a few mil to play with. Has have been stated Tan who by the way saved Cardiff from going out of business cocked up with his rebrand and alienated a large section of fans and split the fan base. However I disagree that he was wrong to sack Malky because despite spending millions on rubbish we were still playing shyte and of coarse it was to be proved there were other matters which Tan had found out about which have no place in society let alone football. So he and his side kick had to go.
Na man, I never said that. Attending fans say that. I wouldn't say that because....., as Bluemike alluded to, I only see highlights once in a blue moon.

What are the Cardiff forums like? Lively? Or dead as a tree stump like this place?
Sorry Marko I misread your post which did refer to another's views on your team

pathay

Post by pathay » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:58 am

Marko. Typical of our Forum is a post about an incident at our match when a young kid racially abused one of the Boroughs players. He was immediately stamped on by other fans and and reported to. stewards. A post on this matter has now gone to three pages of replies which consist of over 100 individual posts some very heated.
Have a look at our forum at Cardiff City Main Message Board it's education.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:34 pm

bluemike wrote:I need to get nasty then LOL.
No change there then Mike :lol: :lol: ho and when's Liz coming back on here?????????//

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:37 pm

pathay wrote:In answer to the question regarding our forums I can tell you they are very lively with a dozen or more posts a day. The last couple of days have seen more but like all forums some talk a a load of crap some are funny and many serious. You can imaging the talk at the moment is who will be our next manager because. It is reported that OGS has cleared his desk and walked away with £3 mil. The colour of our shirts seem to have gone way down the pecking order.
Speeding and parking tickets are another regular topic. The hatred of Tan seems to have cooled since the revealing of the antics of Mackay and Moody.
A question for Marko. Somebody by the name of Hartley has cropped up as a possible candidate for manager. He is currently manager in the Scottish League. Any knowledge of him.
:roll: If That's JR Hartley who loves fly fishing, he's dead,

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:45 pm

ashfordblue wrote:
No change there then Mike :lol: :lol: ho and when's Liz coming back on here?????????//
I dont think she is going to bother judging by the last time I spoke to her, reading some of the nonsense on here lately will tell you why.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:21 am

bluemike wrote:
ashfordblue wrote:
I dont think she is going to bother judging by the last time I spoke to her, reading some of the nonsense on here lately will tell you why.

Not exactly sure what you mean Mike. I'm not sure there's any more or less nonsense written now than ever there has been, and after all, what is and isn't nonsense is down to individual opinion. Surely the whole idea of a Forum is for fans to chat and debate a whole range of subjects with various and differing opinions and ideas..... If we all agreed with each other and just gave one another big ticks and praise, think how boring it would be.

Anyway, Hallam was pretty good at writing nonsense now and again as do all of us occasionally... and whilst growing balls isn't an option for her maybe she needs to be less sensitive and give the forum another chance.

I for one would love to have her back, as she always was and could again be a valued member of Tractorboys.com

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:42 pm

Hear hear. And that's not to say I don't agree with Mike too, he's made a lot of valid and good points on various subjects recently.

I just don't like this talk that the forums going down hill, or it's quiet, or it's full of crap, that's a self fulfilling prophecy, if there's a downbeat tone, who the hell would want to stick around and get involved.

Portman road is quiet, there's probably 8,000 or a third less people there now than when the forum started. I also don't know what TWTD is like as have never used it, perhaps it's quietened down too, perhaps it's stolen a lot of members because it's busier. If a forum is quiet because a club is stuttering and not performing, then some members stay away because there's less to see and talk about, and so it gets quieter and quieter in a downward spiral. Cardiff's forum may be fine, because my god have they had a few things to talk about over the past few years.

To accuse content or certain members of contributing towards the downfall of a forum (which I don't subscribe to anyway), is wrong and merely opinion and actually very damaging to the forum itself.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:30 pm

Not exactly sure what you mean Mike. I'm not sure there's any more or less nonsense written now than ever there has been, and after all, what is and isn't nonsense is down to individual opinion. Surely the whole idea of a Forum is for fans to chat and debate a whole range of subjects with various and differing opinions and ideas..... If we all agreed with each other and just gave one another big ticks and praise, think how boring it would be.

Anyway, Hallam was pretty good at writing nonsense now and again as do all of us occasionally... and whilst growing balls isn't an option for her maybe she needs to be less sensitive and give the forum another chance.

I for one would love to have her back, as she always was and could again be a valued member of Tractorboys.com

I am not going to keep speaking for others but as you point out it is all about individual opinion, and hers is that she cant be arsed to post anymore so respect it.

herforder

Post by herforder » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:36 pm

Key difference between this and TWTD forum is that the latter's discussion agenda is set solely by Phil Hamm, who enjoys journalist's access across all areas of the club, and is a regular contributor to Radio Suffolk's Saturday lunchtime preview programme. This forum's discussion topics are raised entirely by a comparatively small number of individual contributors; either in the form of information exchanges, or expressing personal opinions on club or wider issues. This may appear an anomalous situation, given that this is meant to be the approved Club discussion forum. However, unlike TWTD, it takes some thought and effort to start debates moving along, and that possibly puts some folk off - eg making the effort, or having original thoughts, as opposed to reacting to somebody else's agenda!

Delivering direct quotes from manager, players, MD etc, and with early warning of breaking news etc, TWTD site attracts a broader spectrum of responders, reflecting views from the highly sensible to the barking mad! Nevertheless, it seems that a significant of individuals view TWTD as being closer to the club, and feel more inclined to post on that site.