Cardiff City v Ipswich Town Preview

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Can we close it out this time?

Cardiff City win
18%
Draw
64%
Ipswich Town win
18%

Total votes: 11

itfc76trev

Re: Cardiff City v Ipswich Town Preview

Post by itfc76trev » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:15 pm

lucy wrote:Game over :(
no there is 20 minutes left yet :mrgreen:

lucy

Post by lucy » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:16 pm

Come on Blues try for the draw.

James Scharmann

Post by James Scharmann » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:16 pm

Bishop on for Williams sensible sub save him for Saturday

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:17 pm

Well that's f*cked it, at least not another set piece. We now need to do what Millwall did to Wolves on Saturday. Not impossible albeit unlikely.

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:20 pm

7 points dropped from winning positions in last 3 games. Still a decent start to the season but the weakness of last sesson is still here.

TractorBoys91

Post by TractorBoys91 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:22 pm

As it stands we remain 4 points from 2nd with (H) Huddersfield next then (A) Blackpool... expecting 6 points from those two fixtures isn't entirely unrealistic IMO.

J4ck22

Post by J4ck22 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:34 pm

sh*t... Looks like relegation again...

James Scharmann

Post by James Scharmann » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:35 pm

Unbeaten run over then, bring on Saturday start a new unbeaten run :wink:

Andym

Post by Andym » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:36 pm

The unbeaten run had to end. Sounded like a loss of confidence once we went behind. Need to win the next 2 games. Not too worried yet, 9th in the league at this stage isn't bad.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:58 pm

Yes disappointing as we had forgotten what it was like to lose, but as has been said we have two very winnable games coming up and as it stands we are three oints off third place, hardly a crisis, lets get another run going. Looking at the fixtures for November & December we have a hell of a chance of picking up a lot of points and if we win the games you would expect us to we will be right up there.

herforder

Post by herforder » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:10 pm

Disappointing - if not entirely unexpected - result. Excellent, attacking, first half, less impressive second half; but look at the difference in financial outlays and depth of squads! Need to cut out individual errors/decision making, and remain mentally strong when the worst happens.

Loads of football still to come, within what is still a very tight league - a couple of wins can dramatically change the landscape. Consistency will be the key.

J4ck22

Post by J4ck22 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:22 pm

In all seriousness, Cardiff have a great set of players in this league, they've also brought in a new manager so the signs weren't too promising going into it. We didn't even play that badly, but they were more clinical when it really mattered, ah well we move on.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:25 pm

Stupid Manager of the Month Award...... It's went tits up......., J4cks right, it's relegation time!

:D, joking!

I was feeling the same as what Bluemike said pre- kick off....., a draw or loss, was never going to be a win. It's a tough place to go and I think the lads made a decent account of themselves. Murphy scoring again is superb. Keep that trend going, Daryl.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:33 pm

Guess which team screwed up my £5 fourfold Championship Draw Accumulator this evening ?

Brentford v Sheff Wed - Cardiff v Town. - Rotherham v Fulham & Watford v Forest.

I'm sure you got it first time. :cry:

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrhh

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:38 pm

Very unlucky, Charnwood. The form book was definitely saying draw.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:51 pm

marko69 wrote:Very unlucky, Charnwood. The form book was definitely saying draw.

I broke one of my own rules today "never to include Town in any of my footie bets" that'll teach me.

One of my pals missed out on a £95 win on Saturday when Town failed to win against Blackburn, I told him never to inc Town in a bet so he's gonna have a right laugh, even more so if I tell him I missed out on more than £500 for a fiver stake.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:31 am

Say it now and didn't see a loss coming but the better team got the victory and they should be involved in the promotion chase by end of season. Yes it's disappointing to see the short run come to an end but it's been a decent last few weeks but it's the consistency that has me and what can only be most others as a concern. OK we've picked up some valuable wins and much required points in the last month or two but what with the slow start from August and the tendency to allow opposition sides to grab goals late in the game I don't know how far we can go this season or we will obtain enough points by May in order to achieve a play-off place to at least have an opportunity to once again get out this damn league. There's no shame in being beaten by an opposition side like Cardiff who maintain fine players but I realize unrest with McCarthy is still evident and what occured here is not going to improve the situation.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:00 am

saint jude wrote:Say it now and didn't see a loss coming but the better team got the victory and they should be involved in the promotion chase by end of season. Yes it's disappointing to see the short run come to an end but it's been a decent last few weeks but it's the consistency that has me and what can only be most others as a concern. OK we've picked up some valuable wins and much required points in the last month or two but what with the slow start from August and the tendency to allow opposition sides to grab goals late in the game I don't know how far we can go this season or we will obtain enough points by May in order to achieve a play-off place to at least have an opportunity to once again get out this damn league. There's no shame in being beaten by an opposition side like Cardiff who maintain fine players but I realize unrest with McCarthy is still evident and what occured here is not going to improve the situation.

Unrest with McCarthy? ...... am I missing something ?

In my opinion he's the best Manager we've had at Portman Road for many years.... He could even become the best since Sir Bobby if he manages to get us promoted during his period of tenure.

J4ck22

Post by J4ck22 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:07 pm

Charnwood wrote:
saint jude wrote:Say it now and didn't see a loss coming but the better team got the victory and they should be involved in the promotion chase by end of season. Yes it's disappointing to see the short run come to an end but it's been a decent last few weeks but it's the consistency that has me and what can only be most others as a concern. OK we've picked up some valuable wins and much required points in the last month or two but what with the slow start from August and the tendency to allow opposition sides to grab goals late in the game I don't know how far we can go this season or we will obtain enough points by May in order to achieve a play-off place to at least have an opportunity to once again get out this damn league. There's no shame in being beaten by an opposition side like Cardiff who maintain fine players but I realize unrest with McCarthy is still evident and what occured here is not going to improve the situation.

Unrest with McCarthy? ...... am I missing something ?

In my opinion he's the best Manager we've had at Portman Road for many years.... He could even become the best since Sir Bobby if he manages to get us promoted during his period of tenure.
There are still a small minority who stubbornly believe McCarthy won't get us anywhere, despite everything that's happened so far.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:56 pm

Each to their own but it beggars belief.