2 Possible loan signings

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

derick_ipsw

2 Possible loan signings

Post by derick_ipsw » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:00 pm

K L Blue

Re: 2 Possible loan signings

Post by K L Blue » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:35 pm

Found this as well..............................

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/s ... -1-6973312

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:28 pm

Noel Hunt does not inspire me one bit to be honest.

K L Blue

Post by K L Blue » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:54 pm

bluemike wrote:Noel Hunt does not inspire me one bit to be honest.
TBH Mike, I'm the same, if he can't get in a Leeds side thats below us, then what could he bring to us?
but you watch he'll prove me wrong!!

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:09 pm

Maybe his brother Stephen has had something to do with it?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:05 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
Maybe his brother Stephen has had something to do with it?
Funnily enough I thought that.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:09 am

I can't believe some of the crap players we get associated with. Is it me, or have I got it wrong, and we're just not as good as I think we are.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:40 am

Charnwood wrote:I can't believe some of the crap players we get associated with. Is it me, or have I got it wrong, and we're just not as good as I think we are.
Some people have been getting a little carried away in the last few games it would appear, although that's perfectly acceptable, I got caught up also in the improvement and to see Town playing well, beating opposition and maintaining a promotion charge - how often can we have said that in recent years after some of the garbage we've been witness to. (Management included). This all makes for a welcome change.

In the simplest terms we're not quite the side of ten years back with Joe Royle, but a marked improvement on the most recent seasons gone and (finally) headed in the right direction. If automatic promotion or a play-off shot doesn't arrive at the end of it all, it will be disappointing, but we've given ourselves one of the best opportunities in years as it now stands.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:40 am

Charnwood wrote:I can't believe some of the crap players we get associated with. Is it me, or have I got it wrong, and we're just not as good as I think we are.
We all thought that about Connor Sammon, myself included but the guy has done OK, while I am not in favour of Noel Hunt I also wont be coming down heavy on MM and the club if he does come in. I would think it is purely as cover over a hectic spell.

J4ck22

Post by J4ck22 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:54 pm

bluemike wrote:
We all thought that about Connor Sammon, myself included but the guy has done OK, while I am not in favour of Noel Hunt I also wont be coming down heavy on MM and the club if he does come in. I would think it is purely as cover over a hectic spell.
This is probably right. Let's face it, we're hardly going to get anyone better than Murphy and McGoldrick any time soon, so he's most likely coming in as potential cover if we need it over christmas. I agree he's not the most inspiring player, but I get why Mick is doing it.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:07 pm

Noel Hunt and Sean St Ledger have signed till the end of December!! :wink:

James Scharmann

Post by James Scharmann » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:52 pm

What can you say we have signed two experienced pros who on their day have been very talented players in the past and for me it's about improving size of the squad if injuries arise as I see them both as bench players so good luck to them, never thought we would see the Hunt brothers both playing for us :lol:

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:52 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:Noel Hunt and Sean St Ledger have signed till the end of December!! :wink:

How inspiring. :(

herforder

Post by herforder » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:26 pm

James Scharmann wrote:What can you say we have signed two experienced pros who on their day have been very talented players in the past and for me it's about improving size of the squad if injuries arise as I see them both as bench players so good luck to them, never thought we would see the Hunt brothers both playing for us :lol:
Correction James: Hunt 'sisters', according to MM! :)

Agree that both signings hardly have us turning cartwheels of ecstasy; but Mick the Magician might have us all fooled! Short term, comparatively inexpensive, contracts until Jan aren't the end of the world, will hopefully provide more cover for injuries/suspensions, and prove to be astute bits of business. As ever, time will be the judge.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:06 pm

They have already both contributed more than Jack Bloody Collison, injured again, why doesnt he just bugger off.

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:44 pm

herforder wrote:
James Scharmann wrote:What can you say we have signed two experienced pros who on their day have been very talented players in the past and for me it's about improving size of the squad if injuries arise as I see them both as bench players so good luck to them, never thought we would see the Hunt brothers both playing for us :lol:
Correction James: Hunt 'sisters', according to MM! :)

Agree that both signings hardly have us turning cartwheels of ecstasy; but Mick the Magician might have us all fooled! Short term, comparatively inexpensive, contracts until Jan aren't the end of the world, will hopefully provide more cover for injuries/suspensions, and prove to be astute bits of business. As ever, time will be the judge.
I do wish people would spell the name Hunt correctly!

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:08 pm

bluemike wrote:They have already both contributed more than Jack Bloody Collison, injured again, why doesnt he just bugger off.

I don't believe I'm reading this....

Exactly the reason why I think we're wasting our money on short term loan deals like Collison & Darren Ambrose and there are probably others ... and furthermore I'm not exactly sure how you think Noel Hunt & Sean St Ledger have contributed more than JBC, what exactly have they contributed.

These players aren't club men, and all this "proud to pull on the shirt" stuff is complete bollocks. All St Ledger is, is a journeyman nearing the end of his career who nobody else seems to want anywhere near their club. He's probably far off being match fit and like Collison as soon as he's pushed in training or expected to put in a 90 minute shift on the pitch to earn his money, will more than likely pick up an injury.

... and before you go off on one. This has nothing to do with being anti MM, but more raising a question about our transfer policy and how we spend our wages budget.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:15 pm

Well it isnt hard to understand, Collison has been here weeks and not played one minute of football, where as the two new guys arrived less than a day ago and need to be given a chance surely ? Or maybe they should just f**k off now.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:22 am

bluemike wrote:Well it isnt hard to understand, Collison has been here weeks and not played one minute of football, where as the two new guys arrived less than a day ago and need to be given a chance surely ? Or maybe they should just f**k off now.

Not one of your better posts Mike, I'm not really sure what you expect me say.

Probably best if we draw a line under the subject now and wait to see how it pans out.

K L Blue

Post by K L Blue » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:55 pm

To be honest Charny and Mike

I've done a lot of reading on Hunt and it seems to me the general concensus is that he was never given a chance a Leeds and that comes for various media outlets, andmost of them point out that the new owner(even before he'd bought Leeds)had a problem with Noel Hunt, and its been rumoured that he was on 25K per week and had braindead Leeds supporters threating him in the street. and guess what He isn't on 25k per week and has gone on record as saying he gets nowhere near that. This is what the new owner has supposedly "leaked" to the press.

As for St Ledger well i ain't impressed with the whole "at last i can put the shirt on" BS
But if he does a job for us then yeah ok i'll give him a chance.
I guess we'll see whether or not either of them will do anything.
Its just a shame that John Swift was injured whilst on trial with us, because he seems to be really rated, and wanterd to come. Who knows maybe in Jan

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:59 pm

Yep wouldnt argue with any of that.

As for Swift I think we may see him here at some point.

superchef

Post by superchef » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:20 pm

Now who is bringing Noel Hunt down? :mrgreen:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:04 pm

Looked at that earlier, Chefry. Looks like it was only James who was talking from his mouth in this thread. :lol:

patthegimp

Post by patthegimp » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:25 pm

This team as a unit are really starting to come together with a decent squad each of whom can really do a job. Didsy off the boil today, Murphy good but not at his best so the goal comes from another player on his debut. Defensively we were lucky, they cut up the central defence a few times. A fit St Ledger surely has a part to play when further injuries hit. Tabb broke up Charlton play time and time again and frequently popped up defending. Still a work in progress but we are getting there. Hunt and St Ledger good additions. COYB

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:28 pm

I think we definitely miss Berra at the heart of the defence, once he is back I dont see St.Ledger getting into the starting eleven to be honest, even Smith will drop out.

All the more amazing is the fact we were without Bru, Bishop and Hyam from central Mid and yet we still ground out the win, in recent weeks we have got the suspensions of Berra, Mings and Hyam out of the way too, everything is just so positive right now. It is a myth that we have a small squad, we dont.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:14 pm

Charnwood wrote:
derick_ipsw wrote:Noel Hunt and Sean St Ledger have signed till the end of December!! :wink:

Noel Hunts winner yesterday was very inspiring!! :lol:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:24 pm

This is exactly why MM is a manager and people like us and Neil Adams arent.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:29 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
Charnwood wrote:

Noel Hunts winner yesterday was very inspiring!! :lol:

Well that's exactly what I said! :lol:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:32 pm

LOL that even made me smile Charny.

herforder

Post by herforder » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:16 pm

And the message for all noisy, critical and doubtful supporters is? Trust in St Mick, he's going to lead us to the Promised Land! :wink: