Pittman - regular 1st team selection?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

supershred

Pittman - regular 1st team selection?

Post by supershred » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:40 am

There is good competition for the attacking slots in the town team rightnow. We have the 27 goal hero Murphy, Sears and McGoldrick - both of whom have proved they can score plenty - and now 1 more - Pittman. It is interesting to note that Pittman stated one of the reasons for his move was that he wasnt assured of regular first team action at Bournemouth. Does that mean he has been promised a regular slot in the Ipswich team? If so, who drops out? You cant play them all....?

phily bon bon

Re: Pittman - regular 1st team selection?

Post by phily bon bon » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:36 pm

Maybe Pittman and Murphy with Didzy just behind and two pacy wingers and it could be something special in the making.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:03 pm

I just think he will have been told that he will get his fair share of chances and things will be rotated around a bit between Sears, Pitman and Didsy.

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:07 am

Your going to get injuries and the lads will have to take their chances. With McGoldies injuries last season we were a bit low on choices, have a few options now with hopefully the odd youngster getting a chance too.

AylesburyBlue

Post by AylesburyBlue » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:49 pm

He is a better finisher then Sears but just doesn't have the pace Sears does. As for Didsy as others say will he ever be fit.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:33 am

If Diddy can stay fit that's our creative midfielder plus goals from midfield sorted.

The team options now, are frankly frightening!

...............................Skuse/ Hyam. ............................

Connolly/ Maitland ..........Bishop....Bru. ........Fraser/ Stewart/Henshall.....

........................................Didzy./ McDonald ................................

.......................Sears/Pitman. ......Murph............

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:43 pm

Didn't McCarthy frustrate last season by only deploying one striker at certain times. Way I see it McGoldrick may not be required next time around and used sparingly so that leaves obviously Murphy once again as the main goal threat and would like to see Sears as second attacker. Pittman has done well elsewhere but how will he fit in at a rival club ? Going to take time for any new names to settle in and don't expect him to hit it off straight away.

In an ideal world and sooner or later, would hope to see a 4-3-3 with the aforementioned names (bar McGoldrick) but is McCarthy really going to utilize three up front ?

Those three names alone would bring a fine tally you would imagine and if Pittman can replicate the success at Bournemouth, it may just be enough this time for an automatic promotion.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:11 am

We played 4-3-3 a fair bit last season, most notably when Sammon was at the club anbd to be fair it worked quite well. I don't recall us ever going with a strict only one up front at any time though, I can't remember us ever playing what I would call a real 4-5-1 but someone may put me right on that.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:14 am

Town played their best football when they played 4-3-3, i hope we continue to use it.