Colchester Friendly

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Colchester Friendly

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:37 pm

Who is going tomorrow ? I am hoping we see MM take the last 2 friendlies against Colchester & Utrecht more seriously, we need to play what we regard as our first eleven and stick with it for the majority of the two games, it is time to start getting a bit more serious now that fitness levels are pretty much up to speed.

I would go with :- Gerken, Chambers, Berra, Smith, Parr, Maitland-Niles, Skuse, Bishop, Fraser, Murphy, Pitman.

hallamblue

Re: Colchester Friendly

Post by hallamblue » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:50 pm

Not Gerkin.

lucy

Post by lucy » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:00 pm

I was thinking of going but not sure how to get from Train Station to the Stadium

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:11 pm

It's only a couple of miles from the train station, however you'd best to cadge a lift from Ipswich as it's a simple car journey.

jeremy rusher

Post by jeremy rusher » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:53 pm

Shuttle bus stop to football stadium not far from train station but do not know about friendly matches........and a good pub near station too. :)

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:02 am

hallamblue wrote:Not Gerkin.
As I said to you at Peterborough Bialkowski by and large is the better keeper, however I was quite disappointed with him at times over the second half of the season and he seems to wander with his concentration, I also think his positioning at times is bloody awful.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:26 am

bluemike wrote:Who is going tomorrow ? I am hoping we see MM take the last 2 friendlies against Colchester & Utrecht more seriously, we need to play what we regard as our first eleven and stick with it for the majority of the two games, it is time to start getting a bit more serious now that fitness levels are pretty much up to speed.

I would go with :- Gerken, Chambers, Berra, Smith, Parr, Maitland-Niles, Skuse, Bishop, Fraser, Murphy, Pitman.
As Berra is going to be missing the Brentford game think I would start with the backline that Mick intends to use for that match. He could then bring Berra on later in the game to give him a bit of a runout. Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see Berra play the full 90 minutes against Stevenage to get him ready for the Sheffield Wednesday game.

Big thing for me though is we don't pick up any injuries in these last 2 friendlies before the big kickoff on the 8th August.

AylesburyBlue

Post by AylesburyBlue » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:22 pm

I think I would play

Gerken
Chambo Smith Berra Parr
Fraser Skuse Bru Maitland-Niles
Murphy Pitman

Against the Dutch side we can play Chambo next to Smith.
Hope we get another RB soon, need one for Brentford if nothing else. Unless MM plans on playing Yoeworth or Parr at RB and Tabb LB.

lucy

Post by lucy » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:04 pm

lucy

Post by lucy » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:38 pm

Bru scores just before Half Time 1-0 to Town :)

James Scharmann

Post by James Scharmann » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:45 pm

BRUUUUUUUUUUUUU

lucy

Post by lucy » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:11 pm

1-2 to us McGoldrick scored a penalty for us to make it 1-2

James Scharmann

Post by James Scharmann » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:12 pm

OHHHHHHHHHH DAVID MCGOLDRICK

itfc76trev

Post by itfc76trev » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:32 pm

2-2 now

lucy

Post by lucy » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:33 pm

a good draw i think

lucy

Post by lucy » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:35 pm

3-2 down oops

James Scharmann

Post by James Scharmann » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:46 pm

Don't believe it, 2-1 5 mins to go lose 3-2 good job this is a friendly as I would be fuming right now :astroll:

lucy

Post by lucy » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:48 pm

No sign of Bart?. I'm sorry to say it but Gerks won't get us anywhere in this league.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:59 pm

Another game where MM decides to start with a strange line up and then proceeds to make wholesale changes, I honestly think tonight and Saturday should have seen us bedding it our first team ready for Brentford.

As for the game a very low key first half again and thanks to Gerken who twice kept it level although parr should have given us the lead before the Colchester openings. The Two trialists did ok but nothing more, Coke offers nothing that we havent got already while Toure looked handy on the ball but wasnt really on long enough.

The second half was a bit better and a couple of pleasing things to take from the game is the form of Didsy who looks far more like the player I remember from the season before last and young Josh Emmanuel at RB, I think he could develop into a handy player, indeed it was his charge up field and cross that led to the penalty, I would not be surprised to see him start at Brentford if as expected Chambers is moved to CB.

As much as I hate losing it is only a friendly although I would like to see us a bit more incisive against weaker opposition, that said if MM is not taking these games seriously how can we really expect the players to ? Time after time he has said he hates them and can't get motivated for them so I guess defeat tonight won't overly concern him. Gerken will be looked at for the goals but coke gave the ball away for the first, and our back Four consisted of Emmanuel, Yorwerth and Kenlock when Colchester scored their last Two so I wouldn't be getting too concerned over this result.

I hope we do go with the strongest possible line up saturday in readiness for what lies ahead the following week, we all pretty well know what the majority of the line up is going to be against brentford so lets give them the full 90 minutes at last.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:14 am

bluemike wrote:Another game where MM decides to start with a strange line up and then proceeds to make wholesale changes, I honestly think tonight and Saturday should have seen us bedding it our first team ready for Brentford.

As for the game a very low key first half again and thanks to Gerken who twice kept it level although parr should have given us the lead before the Colchester openings. The Two trialists did ok but nothing more, Coke offers nothing that we havent got already while Toure looked handy on the ball but wasnt really on long enough.

The second half was a bit better and a couple of pleasing things to take from the game is the form of Didsy who looks far more like the player I remember from the season before last and young Josh Emmanuel at RB, I think he could develop into a handy player, indeed it was his charge up field and cross that led to the penalty, I would not be surprised to see him start at Brentford if as expected Chambers is moved to CB.

As much as I hate losing it is only a friendly although I would like to see us a bit more incisive against weaker opposition, that said if MM is not taking these games seriously how can we really expect the players to ? Time after time he has said he hates them and can't get motivated for them so I guess defeat tonight won't overly concern him. Gerken will be looked at for the goals but coke gave the ball away for the first, and our back Four consisted of Emmanuel, Yorwerth and Kenlock when Colchester scored their last Two so I wouldn't be getting too concerned over this result.

I hope we do go with the strongest possible line up saturday in readiness for what lies ahead the following week, we all pretty well know what the majority of the line up is going to be against brentford so lets give them the full 90 minutes at last.
Mike
Think your report pretty much sums up last night.

As we said after the game and you have stated in your post it was a strange starting line up and like you I would have preferred us to play as near as possible our starting 11 for Brentford. Thought Ambrose was poor last night and on that performance I would be surprised if he is offered another contract.

As you say Didsy was certainly back to something like his best and hopefully this will continue once the real stuff starts. Out of our strikers last night I thought Murphy was the least effective and he seemed a bit off the pace at this moment in time.

Always hard to judge things from pre-season games so we will just have to wait and see what happens once the season kicks off. As we said last night we will probably be having the same discussion in 20 years time if we are still around. :lol: :lol:

Will look out for you at Brentford.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:48 pm

Good to see you last night Shed, I agree regarding Murphy, he needs game time and really must play the full 90 on Saturday, as I said to someone last night I would not be surprised if he doesnt start at Brentford, a fully up to speed Murphy would have buried the header in the second half, no doubt about that.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:34 pm

Someone commented that Murphy looked well off the pace in the open day training today. Hope he isnt carrying a bloomin injury ! :roll:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:15 pm

hallamblue wrote:Someone commented that Murphy looked well off the pace in the open day training today. Hope he isnt carrying a bloomin injury ! :roll:
No I don't think for one minute he is injured but just a couple more weeks away from full fitness.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:52 pm

bluemike wrote:
hallamblue wrote:Someone commented that Murphy looked well off the pace in the open day training today. Hope he isnt carrying a bloomin injury ! :roll:
No I don't think for one minute he is injured but just a couple more weeks away from full fitness.

Like you say, he needs almost 90mins on sat. But i doubt he'll be firing on all cylinders like he was at Brentford last season .

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:39 am

With little over a week to the start of the season it amazes me that we're not playing our 11 which we expect to start at Brentford next Saturday, isn't that one of the main reasons for playing pre -season friendlies? :roll:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:26 pm

Charnwood wrote:With little over a week to the start of the season it amazes me that we're not playing our 11 which we expect to start at Brentford next Saturday, isn't that one of the main reasons for playing pre -season friendlies? :roll:
Yes I have to say it has baffled me at time, especially in the last couple of games, surely this will be the case tomorrow ?