Rumours Thread.

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Re: Rumours Thread.

Post by hallamblue » Thu May 26, 2016 7:05 pm

there's been a similar rumour on TWTD about our interest in an overseas player bug no name was mentioned. So there could be some truth in this.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu May 26, 2016 9:29 pm

Never heard of him but the fact he is being recommended by a former Town great is enough for me to show some interest.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu May 26, 2016 10:16 pm

Word of mouth is always good, and if the mouth is Frans Thijssen, buy him....., NOW!

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Thu May 26, 2016 10:42 pm

The trouble with rumors is I'd estimate some 85, 90 per cent (if not more) of all prophecies come to nothing. This Belgian player stated could be a worthwhile acquisition and at a reasonable price, but until there's some confirmation from the club on what has arrived it's hard to get too involved.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri May 27, 2016 1:48 pm

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri May 27, 2016 6:11 pm

I reckon this is going to turn out to be around 750K which is massive for us. A Right Sided, ball playing CB has to be good news.

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Fri May 27, 2016 7:31 pm

Let's all hope it goes through smoothly.

herforder

Post by herforder » Fri May 27, 2016 7:53 pm

bluemike wrote:I reckon this is going to turn out to be around 750K which is massive for us. A Right Sided, ball playing CB has to be good news.
About the same as a new Cat 2 Academy training pitch! Let's hope both outlays prove vfm. Certainly MM must believe so in Webster's case. Hopefully one or two more to come.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon May 30, 2016 5:40 pm

bluemike wrote:I reckon this is going to turn out to be around 750K which is massive for us. A Right Sided, ball playing CB has to be good news.
When Portsmouth knocked us out of the cup, there was a great debate that followed which resulted in a few angry exchanges between some forum members. I'm not complaining, I think divergent views on a forum are what makes it a 'forum'. Consequently, during one of those exchanges somebody asked...where then should we get good players on the cheap? And Jokingly I said maybe we should ask the Portsmouth coaching staff! Maybe MM does read this forum??? :lol:

Seriously though, it sounds like Webster will be a worthy addition to ITFC. Let's hope so.

bluepeter

Post by bluepeter » Mon May 30, 2016 6:01 pm

MM and TC will have to polish many turds and kiss frogs to get a couple of gooduns....Unless we shift a couple of our young stars :(

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon May 30, 2016 7:02 pm

number 9 wrote:
When Portsmouth knocked us out of the cup, there was a great debate that followed which resulted in a few angry exchanges between some forum members. I'm not complaining, I think divergent views on a forum are what makes it a 'forum'. Consequently, during one of those exchanges somebody asked...where then should we get good players on the cheap? And Jokingly I said maybe we should ask the Portsmouth coaching staff! Maybe MM does read this forum??? :lol:

Seriously though, it sounds like Webster will be a worthy addition to ITFC. Let's hope so.
750K aint cheap for us though.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:14 am

Webster deal not confirmed yet. Hope I'm not jumping the gun but wasn't it expected 'early' this week?

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:20 pm

It loos like Town are front runners to sign Feeney when his Bolton deal ends on the 30th of June

herforder

Post by herforder » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:08 pm

Dubai Blue wrote:Webster deal not confirmed yet. Hope I'm not jumping the gun but wasn't it expected 'early' this week?
Apparently done and dusted, apart from some 'minor paperwork'. However, am sure we'll be happier when finally confirmed - history has taught us some disappointing lessons!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:48 pm

My late and extremely awesome Uncle Brian had to sign in and out of Bilston Glen Colliery......, think that was "miner paperwork" though.

K L Blue

Post by K L Blue » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:58 pm

bluemike wrote:
Town are reportedly facing competition for ex-loanee Liam Feeney from Birmingham City and other Championship clubs. The 29-year-old is out of contract this summer having not been offered new terms by relegated Bolton Wanderers.

According to the Bolton News the Midlanders are among a number of other sides interested in the winger with wages said to be a sticking point in his negotiations with Town.

Speaking on the final day of the season, manager Mick McCarthy confirmed that the Blues were in talks with Feeney, who joined Town on loan in March and made seven starts and two sub appearances, scoring once, regarding a permanent deal.

“We’re talking to him and we’re talking to his agent,” he said. “I’d like him to stay and he would like to stay and if we can come to a mutually beneficial deal then that’s what will happen. If we don’t, then we won’t.”
On his day he would be a very good signing, his delivery is great. I have heard he was on silly money at Bolton that we just would not pay.

Looks like it could happen now...............................

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/deal-c ... idfielder/

herforder

Post by herforder » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:13 pm

K L Blue wrote:
bluemike wrote:
Town are reportedly facing competition for ex-loanee Liam Feeney from Birmingham City and other Championship clubs. The 29-year-old is out of contract this summer having not been offered new terms by relegated Bolton Wanderers.

According to the Bolton News the Midlanders are among a number of other sides interested in the winger with wages said to be a sticking point in his negotiations with Town.

Speaking on the final day of the season, manager Mick McCarthy confirmed that the Blues were in talks with Feeney, who joined Town on loan in March and made seven starts and two sub appearances, scoring once, regarding a permanent deal.

“We’re talking to him and we’re talking to his agent,” he said. “I’d like him to stay and he would like to stay and if we can come to a mutually beneficial deal then that’s what will happen. If we don’t, then we won’t.”
On his day he would be a very good signing, his delivery is great. I have heard he was on silly money at Bolton that we just would not pay.

Looks like it could happen now...............................

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/deal-c ... idfielder/
Think key words in the link article are 'among a number of players Ipswich will sign ithe summer'. We know about Webster and Feeney - so, who else?? :)

herforder

Post by herforder » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:14 pm

marko69 wrote:My late and extremely awesome Uncle Brian had to sign in and out of Bilston Glen Colliery......, think that was "miner paperwork" though.
:D :D
MM's had to dig deep for Webster!

Jamma123

Rumours Thread.

Post by Jamma123 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:13 pm

The club website have now confirmed that Adam Webster will officially be an Ipswich Town player on 1 July:

http://www.itfc.co.uk/news/article/adam ... 35631.aspx

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:33 pm

Thankfully that one is all done and dusted, lets hope some more follow him in to PR although I expect it will be the end of this month before much else happens.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:44 pm

New signing Adam Webster says he was aware that there was interest from Town in January and is delighted that it led to his move to the Blues from Portsmouth, which the clubs confirmed earlier this afternoon. The 21-year-old will officially become a Town player on July 1st with Matt Clarke, 19, and a fee understood to be approaching the £750,000 mark moving in the opposite direction.

The Blues faced League Two Pompey in two third round FA Cup ties with the League Two side running out 2-1 winners at Fratton Park in a replay after the first game at Portman Road had ended 2-2.

“I was aware there was some interest from Ipswich from when we played in the FA Cup and I’m delighted things have moved on the way they have,” Webster told the club site.

“I want to thank everyone at Portsmouth who has helped me in my career. It’s a great club and I have some fantastic memories from my time there but now I can’t wait to get started as an Ipswich player.

“It’s a big test for me, stepping up to the Championship and joining a club like Ipswich, but I’m ready for the challenge and I’m looking forward to meeting the rest of the squad in pre-season.

“Having played at Ipswich in January and experiencing the fantastic stadium, it’s given me a look at what it’s like to be at the club and I just want to get going now.”

Ball-playing centre-half Webster, who also operates at right-back, has signed a three-year deal with an option for a further season.

Meanwhile, former Blues winger Reggie Lambe, 25, has joined Carlisle United after turning down a new contract at Mansfield Town.

Elsewhere, ex-Town striker Shefki Kuqi is reported in talks with Port Vale regarding the vacant manager's job at the League One club.

The 39-year-old is currently boss at PK-35 Vantaa in Finland, where his former Blues team-mate Pablo Couñago is a member of his squad.

Watership Down

Post by Watership Down » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:20 pm

I wonder what Sylvan Distan would be like for a centre half he was released by West Bromwich this week along with Seegurson (sp)

Watership Down

Post by Watership Down » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:22 pm

I see ex Town player Kevin Horlock has taken a managers position at Maldon and Tiptree which he will juggle with his Colchester U21 duties

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:56 pm

Watership Down wrote:I wonder what Sylvan Distan would be like for a centre half he was released by West Bromwich this week along with Seegurson (sp)
Should have responded to this at the time, but better qualified to respond as we had him for several seasons at Everton.

Reviews were mixed as some saw him as a solid squad member who could contribute and over time became something of a fan-favorite, while there were others who labeled him something of a liability and was prone to error. Personally I viewed him as a valuable unit of the team, a no-thrills player who went out and more often than not, did what was required of him.

Back to that Webster kid and looking forward to seeing what he can contribute in the new season now that the club has confirmed his arrival. Easy to knock players before they've even featured for the team but having heard positive reviews going to allow him his opportunity and hopefully over time will become a valued member of the squad.

herforder

Post by herforder » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:46 pm

According to....wait for it....The Sun, Blackburn are also in the frame for Feeney's signature. Whatever the truth-o-meter score, no chance that MM/ME will enter a bidding war. Apparently Feeney has verbally agreed to join us, once his current Bolton contract expires. If he, or his agent, decide to play silly buggers then move on. He ain't that special!

(Scraping the barrel for some mildly interesting non-Euros stuff!)

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:19 pm

herforder wrote:According to....wait for it....The Sun, Blackburn are also in the frame for Feeney's signature. Whatever the truth-o-meter score, no chance that MM/ME will enter a bidding war. Apparently Feeney has verbally agreed to join us, once his current Bolton contract expires. If he, or his agent, decide to play silly buggers then move on. He ain't that special!

(Scraping the barrel for some mildly interesting non-Euros stuff!)
I think it's Feeney's agent just trying to get more money. Feeney sounded genuine to me when he said he wanted to play for ITFC. As you say though, 'he ain't that special'...and I'd rather we didn't waste time on uncertain signings.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:21 pm

I see also Sarfends Payne is about to sign for Huddersfield. ... I hope we werent really in for him, because failing to beat clubs like Huddersfield to a players signature would be a tad disconcerting.

herforder

Post by herforder » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:55 pm

TWTD now reporting that Feeney will NOT be joining. Got a more lucrative offer from another club - believed to be Blackburn. Surprise, surprise!

Loose no sleep, and move on. Hope Feeney enjoys counting the extra few quid at a club probably going nowhere in particular. Feel sure MM will have other targets in the crosshairs.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:04 pm

Money grabbing tit. Plenty more out there.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:15 pm

tbh I wasn't that enthralled by him. There's better about.