FA Cup Third Round

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

lucy

FA Cup Third Round

Post by lucy » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:15 pm

Ipswich at home to either Lincoln or Oldham

Shed on tour

Re: FA Cup Third Round

Post by Shed on tour » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:21 pm

Wonder who Lincoln or Oldham will get in the 4th round?

BLUEBLOOD

Post by BLUEBLOOD » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:31 pm

MM will play his strongest team.......A must WIN game. :wink: :lol:
Or will he....

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:40 pm

First out of the hat, first out of the cup 3rd round LOL.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:59 pm

Well I won't be bothering to go to the game.

Reckon we should have a poll as to what the attendance will be that night at PR.

I reckon 3,476

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:59 pm

In all the years I've followed Town I don't ever recall being the first team drawn out in the third round.

Always nice to be drawn at home and hopefully a comfortable win. :wink:

len

Post by len » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:20 pm

Don't hold your breath on this one....if it's Lincoln we play, then
it will be a tough game, and i think Lincoln will have more heart
and passion than us.

If it's Oldham, a replay at best.

Sad times for ITFC.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:37 pm

What makes you think Lincoln will have more heart ? After all it's not like we have lost Six in a row or something.

bluejacko

Post by bluejacko » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:41 pm

HT,2-0 Lincoln very direct,Oldham can't get a look in.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:17 pm

Shed on tour wrote:Wonder who Lincoln or Oldham will get in the 4th round?
Wish you'd quit these spontaneous quips! Sitting in an Inverness McDonald's and spat Big Mac out my mouth! :lol:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:22 pm

Is Mac a good mate of yours ?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:26 pm

bluemike wrote:Is Mac a good mate of yours ?
Why the Fk did I write that sentence like that? "Spat Big Mac out my mouth!" :lol: I deserve to be slated! If anyone else had written that, I'd have been all over it. It's been a long day. That's my excuse! :|

herforder

Post by herforder » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:43 pm

There's a very realistic chance that, following a draw at PR, Lincoln will win the replay. There's no easy games in the FA Cup - eh Mick?

bluejacko

Post by bluejacko » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:44 pm

It's Lincoln 3-2 in the fog.

BLUEBLOOD

Post by BLUEBLOOD » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:46 pm

I bet they put it on tv now Lincoln non league side
2nd in the table and the inform side.
Last edited by BLUEBLOOD on Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:48 pm

PMSL, poor old marko.

There's worse things you could have posted. I mean, you could have been mascarading as a Town fan, but be dumb enough to regularly post on the pink Un using the same user name! :wink:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:23 pm

Is there another 69, again? So that's me, Leeds Utd M69 and now pink un M69? Is pink un M69 a dickhead like Leeds M69?!

Heeeeeey, I heard that......, watch it! :D

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:02 am

Marko
I think it is great that you have come out and expressed your experience with Big Mac on here.
As you are probably aware by now we are all great listeners on this forum so if there is anything else you think you need to share with us you just go ahead. :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:12 am

That white creamy stuff from Big Mac gave me a bit heartburn! Had me reaching for the omeprazols! :D

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:50 am

hallamblue wrote:PMSL, poor old marko.

There's worse things you could have posted. I mean, you could have been mascarading as a Town fan, but be dumb enough to regularly post on the pink Un using the same user name! :wink:
Shock horror.....I hadn't noticed LOL. I actually tried to masquerade on the Pink 'Un once but the regulars were having none of it, couldn't convince them that despite being called bluemike I was in fact a canary fan,it wasn't until I told them I lived in seven sisters that they believed me and accepted me, oncce I got to know them all you would be amazed to discover just how many Norwich fans live in their seven sisters.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:59 am

Refusing to go on the Shyte-ey site...... Who's the masquerader?!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:00 am

Tell me while I'm sitting in the same Inverness Maccydees muffin a muffin.

Andym

Post by Andym » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:16 am

To return to the topic.... :wink:

For once I wouldn't want MM to put out a weakened side. He has no excuses this time of avoiding injuries while we're pushing for promotion...

Putting out the reserves, only for them to get beaten by a lower side, does nothing to lift morale of those players or the fans. The younger ones should be being introduced throughout the season, one or two at a time, rather than bung them all in together for a cup match.

Although I agree it was wrong of MM to announce his team for last Saturday so early, a statement that he would play his strongest team for the cup might lift the attendance from 3000 to ...... 3500.

With nothing else to play for, a cup run might actually lift the mood. The only real reason for not doing so is if MM will admit he feels threatened by relegation and so needs to protect his all-stars.

herforder

Post by herforder » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:08 am

Note that U-23s, including several experienced first teamers, were beaten 2-0 at PR by a young Huddersfield team last night. Apparently Bru was our best player, with Kenlock and Emmanuel providing main attacking threat. But, again, we failed to create or really threaten - often poor final ball etc. Sound familiar?

No doubt that a pumped up Lincoln will, with some justification, feel they have a good chance - whoever MM selects. Until we acknowledge the need to get some of very basics sorted throughout the playing entire staff, then we're stuck in a circle of mediocrity. Lincoln will suss that - as do just about everyone else we play! We are not a particularly good footballing side.

rossi

Post by rossi » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:24 pm

well at least it's a home tie for Ipswich Town Reserves' annual fixture.
What will really interest me will be the attendance - they cannot use season tickets sold to corrupt the attendance figures as they do for league games, so will be a really good indication of where the club is in the eyes of the fans.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:48 pm

hallamblue wrote:Well I won't be bothering to go to the game.

Reckon we should have a poll as to what the attendance will be that night at PR.

I reckon 3,476
Ok that's the Lincoln fans, how Town will be there? :wink:

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:52 pm

bluemike wrote:
hallamblue wrote:PMSL, poor old marko.

Shock horror.....I hadn't noticed LOL. I actually tried to masquerade on the Pink 'Un once but the regulars were having none of it, couldn't convince them that despite being called bluemike I was in fact a canary fan,it wasn't until I told them I lived in seven sisters that they believed me and accepted me, oncce I got to know them all you would be amazed to discover just how many Norwich fans live in their seven sisters.
Most Norwich fans know seven sisters intimately. Unfortunately, it normally is there own sister!!

jeremy rusher

Post by jeremy rusher » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:35 am

It has to be a must win game for McCarthy. He has previously lost interest in the FA Cup by using some of our fringe squad players. Of course there is always a possibility McCarthy will rest some of the first teamers once again. If that does happen i can see a boring draw being played out.Hopefully Lincoln will come to Portman road and attack to make it a good game for the fans. If we field our strongest 11 then I hope we scrape through to the next round and can use a cup run to kick on in the championship. If we lose then its probably another no frills season over with .

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:07 am

To be honest our fringe players of Bru, Emmanuel, Kenlock, Gerken, Bishop, Williams, Digby, Pitman, Best etc etc should be every bit good enough to beat a non league side.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:23 am

As stated before, fringe players should have enough quality - and the incentive - to beat a non-league side. That's not being arrogant - but if they haven't got the quality to beat a non-league side, then they shouldn't be at the club!!!!

Also, might be an opportunity to see some fringe players perform before Standard Championship Selection Policy kicks back in. In many ways, though, its a poisoned chalice - because if they do perform well, then it will be "it's only Lincoln" . Whatever - some fringe players and some regulars should be enough as long as THEY ARE UP FOR IT !!!!

I hope Mick gets them fired up - for the fans sake!!!! None of this lets keep it tight and see what scraps we can live off. It's an opportunity to spread a bit of "sexiness" and should be seen as a positive diversion away from a 46 game war of attrition that Mick loves so much.