Darren Currie .......

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluebird

Darren Currie .......

Post by Bluebird » Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:10 pm

I thought he was terrible today, in open play he was so off the pace, we were effectively playing 10 v 11

However, as Luke will quickly point out :lol: , he made the goal with a perfect pass.

IMHO Currie, does not do enough to justify us playing a man down!

What do you think????

Kheffan

Re: Darren Currie .......

Post by Kheffan » Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:28 pm

bluebird wrote:I thought he was terrible today, in open play he was so off the pace, we were effectively playing 10 v 11

However, as Luke will quickly point out :lol: , he made the goal with a perfect pass.

What do you think????
hes not bad at conning refs into free kicks, i'll give him that.

squiz18

Post by squiz18 » Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:44 pm

Thats exactly what i was thinking ! He was sh*te and then up comes an inch perfect pass for westlake. Then he was sh*te again. :roll: :lol:

1978greats

Post by 1978greats » Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:25 pm

squiz18 wrote:Thats exactly what i was thinking ! He was sh*te and then up comes an inch perfect pass for westlake. Then he was sh*te again. :roll: :lol:
at the mo. beggers cant be chooser's, he set the goal up which won us a vital 3 points and its not the first time he's done that either......ok so he's not consistant (but then name me a player that is :roll: ) one week when Jim wasn't playing Curries corners were 1st class, the next week they were awful. But right now he is our only 'flair, playmaker' call him what you want but he's making a contribution that if you took away we'd be worse off.

Mork

Re: Darren Currie .......

Post by Mork » Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:42 am

bluebird wrote:I thought he was terrible today, in open play he was so off the pace, we were effectively playing 10 v 11

What do you think????
Looked like he had one or two (packets of) mince pies too many!

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:43 am

Currie was totally shocking today. JR should of taken him off before he set up the goal.

The thing with Currie is he is too slow. I dont mean running wise, you dont need to be able to do the 100m in 11 seconds to be on the pitch, but look at someone even like Jim, he is very slow running wise but can be fast in his football.

Currie gets the ball and his whole action seems so slow, he seems unable to pass first time or quickly. Its like watching someone in slow motion, it REALLY bugs me.

But I guess this is a lot like why Sven keeped Owen on the pitch against Argentina, rubbish for 85 minutes and bangs in 2 goals. Currie had his WORST performance ever against Luton but his one wonder pass secures the game for us.

Football sure is a funny ol' game!

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:20 am

I agree about his inconsistancy. But lets be honest, if we
had known we would have only drawn, or lost if he had been taken
off (I am not disagreeing, just making a point), Then would we
have thought the same.

Probably..

However what concerns me about Currie, unless he has actually
got the ball, he is usually running away from the play..

Never seems to be where you would expect him to be..

Apart from Once..

Bluebird

Post by Bluebird » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:57 pm

Another sh*te performance, but two more assists :?

Luke

Post by Luke » Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:33 pm

bluebird wrote:Another sh*te performance, but two more assists :?
Enougth said.

ippers

Post by ippers » Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:39 pm

If it weren't for Currie, we would probably be a hell of a lot closer to the relegation zone, I admit he hasn't been brillint but his set piece delivery has set up numerous goals, he is our only creative player. Bet a few ppl will have summit 2 say bout tht tho :lol: