Been saying how good Supple is for ages!!

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

loudnproud
Forum Hall of Famer

Been saying how good Supple is for ages!!

Post by loudnproud » Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:54 pm

"Stretch armstrong" or what!! I realy do believe that this kid is going to have a career that could exceed that of the great Pat Jennings himself!!

Loves a high ball,will gather them up all day long, Prefers to distribute to one of our players,rather that Hoof the ball away(Take note Lewis!!),I said to some before the game that Supple's performance will determine what sort of game we played, Lutons forward line up were all tall firm headers of the ball and knowing how supple loves to command his area,i guessed that he would come out on top.Himself and JDV deserve alot of the credit today. Westy was continuing the form he was showing before BFJ took him off at Hull,the westy that we all came to love and admire is reasserting himself once again. Matt Richards was awsome left side of mid-field,without a doubt his best position along with westy,they link up so well on that side. Fabian at right back,(his prefered position) gave a good performance. Jimmy Juan,Garvan were okay doing the right things,Currie was for me our poor'est player on the day,He was dwelling on the ball for far too long and was too slow keeping up with the pace of the game. As for young Bowditch,A striker feeds of goals and to any outsider looking in,you can tell that he has'nt scored for some while,He is so desperate to score. Danny haynes was full of running and after 90 mins he was drained. I do hope that he learns from this though and paces himself out better in future. Mcdonnald has got some nice touches about his play and could sparkle a dull game.

I realy do not want to guess as to if BFJ will keep supple in goal, For me he should,even just to improve the distribution from the back. Stoke on Monday is where i will be and my team is as follows....
Supple in goal
Fabian right back
Devos centreback
Collins centreback
Richards left back (if sito not fit)
Westy left mid field
Juan centre midfield
Garvan/williams (whoevers fit) centre midfield
Skard right midfield
Mcdonnald,Haynes,Bowditch(if fit) if not draft in trotter for his hight!!!

Stoke is going to be a very testing time for us all!!! enjoy the rest of the seasion all!!!

MMJR67

Post by MMJR67 » Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:42 pm

hey L'N'P' HAPPY NEW YEAR..........I DONT KNOW WHAT ANDY RHODES WAS LIKE AS A PLAYER BUT HE MUST BE ONE GOOD DAMN COACH

TrueBlue87

Post by TrueBlue87 » Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:55 pm

hi loud.. Happy new year and two you all !

nice post, completly true. Supple is gonna be brilliant in the future years...it's gonna be a shame if a bigger club steals him off us !!!

edo_blue

Post by edo_blue » Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:18 pm

MMJR67 wrote:I DONT KNOW WHAT ANDY RHODES WAS LIKE AS A PLAYER
He was a bloody legend let me tell thee....

Seen him at is peak at Belle Vue, he's still very highly regarded there.

loudnproud
Forum Hall of Famer

Post by loudnproud » Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:41 am

Greetings to you too mmj!!! I was fortunate to meet Shane at one of these meet the player venues that get put together now and then. I watched him play only on a few occasions prior to that and told him that i felt he is the next pat jennings in the making. I only hope that BFJ does not distroy his future here as he has with pablo,Bowditch......My only regret as an english man is that shane in future world cups may be holding out my england idols from greater things!!

On the Rhodes front Yep he was awsome!!! If our injuries continue to mount as they are,He could well find himself playing by the end of January!!! Oh and how he would relish that!! Have a good one all!!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:52 am

Hey L & P ..are you same one that posts of the ITFC site too ?
Good to see you on here !

I agree with your comments above...and when watching Supple in yesterdays game ...felt that the lad is simply awesome too. He made ME feel "confident" in defending our six yard area...he dominated it like no other GK has for many a year. I would even go as far as to say I think he instilled confidence in his own defenders !!

I have said for ages that Matt Richards is a totally different player when he's played in his correct midfield position...and the thoughts of Westy, Richards, Garvan , Juan and Skard fighting it out for a place in our midfield fills me optimisim for the coming years.

All we need now is a couple of half decent strikers, a decent LB ..and to bring through these young central defenders. We will have then IMHO - the "Mother of all teams " ...watch this space !

Bluebird

Post by Bluebird » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:59 am

"Stretch armstrong" or what!! I realy do believe that this kid is going to have a career that could exceed that of the great Pat Jennings himself!!

Loves a high ball,will gather them up all day long, Prefers to distribute to one of our players,rather that Hoof the ball away(Take note Lewis!!),I said to some before the game that Supple's performance will determine what sort of game we played, Lutons forward line up were all tall firm headers of the ball and knowing how supple loves to command his area,i guessed that he would come out on top.Himself and JDV deserve alot of the credit today. Westy was continuing the form he was showing before BFJ took him off at Hull,the westy that we all came to love and admire is reasserting himself once again. Matt Richards was awsome left side of mid-field,without a doubt his best position along with westy,they link up so well on that side. Fabian at right back,(his prefered position) gave a good performance. Jimmy Juan,Garvan were okay doing the right things,Currie was for me our poor'est player on the day,He was dwelling on the ball for far too long and was too slow keeping up with the pace of the game. As for young Bowditch,A striker feeds of goals and to any outsider looking in,you can tell that he has'nt scored for some while,He is so desperate to score. Danny haynes was full of running and after 90 mins he was drained. I do hope that he learns from this though and paces himself out better in future. Mcdonnald has got some nice touches about his play and could sparkle a dull game.
Totally agree with all of the above loud n proud, we obviously watched the same game :lol: :lol:

I cannot believe how good Matt Richards looked in midfield yesterday! His engine was amazing and he looked so confident on the ball :shock:

I've said elsewhere, Currie's performance was on of the worst ever in a blue shirt, but he created the goal :?

John

Post by John » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:18 am

i did prefer price over supple,but after the performance yesturday it will be interesting to see if he keeps his place.

overall if supple irons out a few kinks like his distribution of the ball he will easly be a 1st choice for me as his shot stopping is superb.

happy days,lol

Earl Blue

Post by Earl Blue » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:20 am

john_ipsw2 wrote:i did prefer price over supple,but after the performance yesturday it will be interesting to see if he keeps his place.

overall if supple irons out a few kinks like his distribution of the ball he will easly be a 1st choice for me as his shot stopping is superb.

happy days,lol
Hi John,

As a matter of interest, Do you really think Lewis Price's distribution
is good??

John

Post by John » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:24 am

Earl Blue wrote:
john_ipsw2 wrote:i did prefer price over supple,but after the performance yesturday it will be interesting to see if he keeps his place.

happy days,lol
Hi John,

As a matter of interest, Do you really think Lewis Price's distribution
is good??
no to be honest,will add though that i wanted a more experienced gk in from the start and have been impressed with price and now supple,so although they have a few things to iron out their is talent in both,or i think so anyway :D

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:28 am

happy days,lol
yes I agree with that ..but I also feel he has been used to playing in ..dare I say..a team that can convert defending to attacking more quickly than the senior team does. Supple needs to almsot slow down to the pace of his team mates ...but the better option would be for the senior memebers of the first team to buck their ideas up and look to get their finger out.

It has crazed me for ages now that Town are to all intents and purposes ...one dimensional ...and single paced - SLOW ! when converting defnce to attack !!

John

Post by John » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:42 am

hallamblue wrote:

happy days,lol
yes I agree with that ..but I also feel he has been used to playing in ..dare I say..a team that can convert defending to attacking more quickly than the senior team does. Supple needs to almsot slow down to the pace of his team mates ...but the better option would be for the senior memebers of the first team to buck their ideas up and look to get their finger out.

It has crazed me for ages now that Town are to all intents and purposes ...one dimensional ...and single paced - SLOW ! when converting defnce to attack !!
valid point hallamblue,rhodes is the key here,he seems a dam good coach and if i'm right i'll bet....(if we can keep hold of them that is).....their will be stiff competion with the gk's

loudnproud
Forum Hall of Famer

Post by loudnproud » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:38 am

Yes Hallamblue It is i the very same from the official site!!! I'm just geeting sorted out for the trip to stoke this afternoon,I'm preying that Supple starts,would love to see young peters at least on the bench too.Skard may have to feature in this game dispite his lack of match fitness,His overall fitness is very good though.Collins must play alongside JDV(If he is fit)I'd reluctlently put Ricco as left back but ONLY with westy in front of him!!! Those two on the left have built a good understanding of each others play. I would also be fairly tempted to play young Liam Trotter out of position up front. His height and youthness may cause problems, Haynes is struggling to last a full 90 mins so may have to share the spoils with peters or mini-mac.I do hope that Currie and Magic are not playing together,in has never looked good nor will it ever look good!!!

Gaz

Post by Gaz » Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:56 pm

Supple proved today why he should be our number 1 keeper, made an outstanding save at the feet of Sidebe I think it was :D