OFFICIAL Petition for a new manager

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

jjlj_itfc4eva

OFFICIAL Petition for a new manager

Post by jjlj_itfc4eva » Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:40 am

This is an official petition to get rid of Joe Royle. I did not start it so do not have a go at me if you do not think it is a good idea.
http://new.PetitionOnline.com/man4town/petition.html

Dazza

Re: OFFICIAL Petition for a new manager

Post by Dazza » Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:50 am

jjlj_itfc4eva wrote:This is an official petition to get rid of Joe Royle. I did not start it so do not have a go at me if you do not think it is a good idea.
We won yesterday....

Luke

Post by Luke » Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:52 am

Dazza wrote:
jjlj_itfc4eva wrote:This is an official petition to get rid of Joe Royle. I did not start it so do not have a go at me if you do not think it is a good idea.
We won yesterday....
So Joe is now safe ? :? :lol: The guy still hasnt got a clue!

dukey33

Post by dukey33 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:54 am

We won so what Dazza?
I know you do like Joe but come on we still dont look even a half descent side do we?
Relegation is getting closer cause the teams below are winning when we do.

Bluebird

Post by Bluebird » Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:58 am

Luke wrote:
Dazza wrote:
We won yesterday....
Agreed - ROYLE OUT!

Luke

Post by Luke » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:00 am

bluebird wrote:
Luke wrote:
Dazza wrote: We won yesterday....
Agreed - ROYLE OUT!
:shock: Did you just quote my post and say agreed!?!/?! :shock:

John

Post by John » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:02 am

at the moment it is still royle out,however we did play imho the best i've seen in a while,but luton aren't exactly world beaters are they.

i'm curious as to whom royle will get in,this in my opinion could make or break him.

Bluebird

Post by Bluebird » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:04 am

Luke wrote:
bluebird wrote:
Luke wrote: So Joe is now safe ? :? :lol: The guy still hasnt got a clue!
Agreed - ROYLE OUT!
:shock: Did you just quote my post and say agreed!?!/?! :shock:
Luke mate, your getting the hang of this talking bollocks malarky :lol: :wink:

jjlj_itfc4eva

Post by jjlj_itfc4eva » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:06 am

Unless he guides us into the play-offs, then i'm afraid he has to go sooner or later. (hopefully sooner)

Diddy Dubz

Post by Diddy Dubz » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:12 am

jjlj_itfc4eva wrote:Unless he guides us into the play-offs, then i'm afraid he has to go sooner or later. (hopefully sooner)
You gonna pay the remainder of his wages then?
:roll:

Luke

Post by Luke » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:21 am

Daddy Dubz wrote:
jjlj_itfc4eva wrote:Unless he guides us into the play-offs, then i'm afraid he has to go sooner or later. (hopefully sooner)
Rossi has that in hand :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Doubt we will see Rossi today seeing we won! :lol: :lol:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:27 am

stick your petition , where the sun doesnt shine mate !

Mork

Post by Mork » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:35 am

Dazza wrote:
We won yesterday....
And this changes everything does it? Royle still needs to move on, we aren't going to turn it around otherwise.

Diddy Dubz

Post by Diddy Dubz » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:49 am

Luke wrote:
Daddy Dubz wrote:
Rossi has that in hand :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Doubt we will see Rossi today seeing we won! :lol: :lol:
He's working on his finances Luke, being a traffic warden takes up most of his time! :lol:

jjlj_itfc4eva

Post by jjlj_itfc4eva » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:06 pm

hallamblue wrote:stick your petition , where the sun doesnt shine mate !
I didn't start it so don't blame me :!:

Phil

Post by Phil » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:19 pm

theres no real point to having a petition started by some loser on twtd. the club will simply ignore it. end of the day as long as sheepshanks is there Royle is aswell.

Jonno

Post by Jonno » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:24 pm

Signed Get him out asap

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:27 pm

But we won people, fine if we lost sign the damn thing, but lets be positive. Yesterdays win was a good starting point to turn things around.

Lets be positive and keep the petitions until we lose!

Jonno

Post by Jonno » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:51 pm

i really cant see how u are positive over yesturdays performance, i thought we were crap, Luton were terrible and made us look ok, if we had of played a decent attacking team we would of had a biggest defeat of the season.

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:57 pm

Jonno wrote:i really cant see how u are positive over yesturdays performance, i thought we were crap, Luton were terrible and made us look ok, if we had of played a decent attacking team we would of had a biggest defeat of the season.
Well lets hope the players arent like you, otherwise it doesnt matter what manager we have in charge we'll go down and the only way we'll be saved is if a Russian billionaire comes in and buys us out and buys a new starting 11.

You have to take the postives from the good things in the match. We kept a clean sheet and won a game against a side who are higher than us in the league. I think yesterday was a great positive and I'm just shocked at the people who cant see that. Sometimes I do wonder if I'm the ONLY positive person at this club?

Before everyone goes mental, I'm not saying a 1-0 win was the answer to all of Ipswich Town's problems and there are still issues to be dealt with, but even so, yesterday was a postive day for the club and if we the fans, the manager and the players can take these positives and build on them, then we can easily secure our Championship status and maybe even push the play offs.

Mork

Post by Mork » Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:24 pm

Dazza wrote:But we won people, fine if we lost sign the damn thing, but lets be positive. Yesterdays win was a good starting point to turn things around.

Lets be positive and keep the petitions until we lose!
That is more fickle than being true to what you believe and sticking by it. I want Royle changed now, not after we've f*cked the season up totally and got relegated. Regardless of any 1 result, I no longer believe Royle can turn this team around - nor that that is particuarly his fault perhaps, though his tactics are bizarre sometimes and his team selection almost random.

I'll stand corrected, eat my words and put my hand up to knowing f*ck all, if Joe takes us on a 10 game winning streak, but I tell ya, your a fool if you really think that is going to happen.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:08 pm

jjlj_itfc4eva wrote:
No of course you didnt :roll: ...but you appear happy to fan the flames of discontent !...I bet you were the kid in playground that used to shout "fight...fight...fight"...and push the weakling toward the bully boy..then put yer hands in yer pocket and say ...."but it's got nothing to do with me Sir " !!!

essexboy21

Post by essexboy21 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:02 pm

hallamblue wrote:
jjlj_itfc4eva wrote:
No of course you didnt :roll: ...but you appear happy to fan the flames of discontent !...I bet you were the kid in playground that used to shout "fight...fight...fight"...and push the weakling toward the bully boy..then put yer hands in yer pocket and say ...."but it's got nothing to do with me Sir " !!!
:?

thelift

Post by thelift » Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:30 am

essexboy21 wrote:
hallamblue wrote:
jjlj_itfc4eva wrote: I didn't start it so don't blame me :!:

i ask you this we win 1 game in 14 and you still think joe royal is good enough??? we all remember the lyal and duncan era saying how bad things were then, well sorry people but this is worse!! not only are we out of the top flight of english football we stand a chance dropping out of this league as well how much worse could it get. a bully dont get praised for leaving just 1 child alone does he?

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:24 am

thelift wrote:
essexboy21 wrote:
hallamblue wrote: No of course you didnt :roll: ...but you appear happy to fan the flames of discontent !...I bet you were the kid in playground that used to shout "fight...fight...fight"...and push the weakling toward the bully boy..then put yer hands in yer pocket and say ...."but it's got nothing to do with me Sir " !!!

i ask you this we win 1 game in 14 and you still think joe royal is good enough??? we all remember the lyal and duncan era saying how bad things were then, well sorry people but this is worse!! not only are we out of the top flight of english football we stand a chance dropping out of this league as well how much worse could it get. a bully dont get praised for leaving just 1 child alone does he?
Interesting fact - wrong, but interesting. (3 in 14 not much better, but at least it is accurate)

How about this one though - lost 5 in last 14 - put it like that and it makes completley different reading doesn't it :

P 14 W 3 D 6 L 5

Convert some draws to wins we would not be having this debate, convert them to loses and we would have a different manager.

thelift

Post by thelift » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:48 am

TODD66 wrote:
thelift wrote:
essexboy21 wrote: :?

Interesting fact - wrong, but interesting. (3 in 14 not much better, but at least it is accurate)

How about this one though - lost 5 in last 14 - put it like that and it makes completley different reading doesn't it :

P 14 W 3 D 6 L 5

Convert some draws to wins we would not be having this debate, convert them to loses and we would have a different manager.

ummmmmm as we are talking facts sorry but up until the luton win it was 14 games with only 2 win its now 3 in 15 games. now as for this being worse well we got relagated in 85/86 season from then the top flight btu we have never been relagted from this division since then and yet we do still stand a chance of doing that and yet royal get his arse licked by unworthy fans, dont make sense to me

thelift

Post by thelift » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:50 am

TODD66 wrote:
thelift wrote:
essexboy21 wrote: :?

P 14 W 3 D 6 L 5

ummmmmm as we are talking facts sorry but up until the luton win it was 14 games with only 2 win its now 3 in 15 games. now as for this being worse well we got relagated in 85/86 season from then the top flight btu we have never been relagted from this division since then and yet we do still stand a chance of doing that and yet royal get his arse licked by unworthy fans, dont make sense to me

played 15, won3 drawn6 lost6 those are the facts

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:20 am

The last 14 games we have played are as I said

P 14 W 3 D 6 L 5

You stated as a fact that it was 1 in 14.

If you want to lets talk about 8 wins in 27 games - thats why we are where we are.

We all know it is not good enough, but if you are going to start your arguement by quoting numbers, all I ask is that they are right.

Now lets hope that by the end of the day its 9 wins in 28 :)

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:28 am

OR ...if you look at the points ganed out of those avilable it goes like this

AUG 10 /18 ...ie 10 points out a possible 18....W3 D1 L2
SEPT 4/15 ...................................................W1 D1 L3
OCT 5/15....................................................W1 D2 L2
NOV 5/15....................................................W1 D2 L2
DEC 8/18....................................................W2 D2 L 2
JAN ? /12....................................................W ? D? L ?

Which actually shows we have been "consistant"..but most recently we have improved (dec) ...we just need to turn some of these draws into wins. These "facts" on a background of the crucial CRIPPLING INJURY LIST..is actually not that bad. Norwich have until very recently faired worse than us ...and they have a better squad depth than us .

IMHO we will improve over the second half of the season with injured players (notably nearly all strkers) coming back into the side...and the import of more players this month.

So I say, frustrating though it is ...sacking Joe is NOT the answer, when considering what he has had to work with this season - he has done well to keep us largely mid table . ...Whats Norwich's excuse ??
Last edited by hallamblue on Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

lunchbox

Post by lunchbox » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:29 am

theres no real point to having a petition started by some loser on twtd. the club will simply ignore it. end of the day as long as sheepshanks is there Royle is aswell.
i'll think your'll find that joe royle is not guranteed his job whilst sheepy is there, no manager is ever safe in fotball - sir bobby proved that. But ITFC is a business and anyone one with a little common sense will reliase that if we sack joe and don't improve then we could be well and truly fooked.

Noone likes seeing a losing team but honestly who in the team is a quality player? Out of our squad i would say four maybe 5 could step u to the prem next season. (westy, naylor, supple, price, sito.) And then next season 4 will retire, wilnus, horlock, jim, de vos.