Lots of positives from stoke today!!!

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

loudnproud
Forum Hall of Famer

Lots of positives from stoke today!!!

Post by loudnproud » Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:15 pm

Just got back and as soon as the team was given i was elated!!! Collins,Barron and mini-mac all starting along with supple,My proposed team was not too far out eh?

First of all the performance from supple was good,The stoke squad had done their homework on our keeper and noted that any crosses in his six yard area,were claimed,so stoke threw some gr8 balls in just beyond his reach.Devos was a mountain today with his head and needed to be too!! Along side Devos was young aiden collins,whom i rate anyway and will grow in stature with every game,He was up against some strong front runners today and with the small exception of his mistake(lack of experience),had a commanding game.
Royle has been bleating on about getting a left back in and i have been bleating on about scott barron. His contribution was well deserved and played the left side very well with my man of the match,Matt Richards.I hope that royle allows the home crowd to judge Barron for themselves,He is a gem in the making.
I was so pleased with our first 30 mins,i realy was on the verge of singing "Brazil!! It's just like watching Brazil!!" when aiden spoiled the moment and got caught in possesion!!! I,like a great many that travelled up to stoke today,were not feeling too confident what with our injuries and all,So to go 2-0 up was crimbo all over again!!
My only gripe was that i would of loved to have seen peters on the field and not proudlock,who is very average in my opinion.My biggest eye-opener though was that BFJ was off his seat activly getting involved with play!!!! About time too Joe!! We the supporters have been crying out for Royle to play the youngsters,Today he did so for he had no choice,It was supporters v Royle day and i believe we,the supporters can safly say,"Told you so!!!" Well done to all those that travelled,you realy are a credit to this club....See ya awl at PR on saturday!!!enjoy the season!

Earl Blue

Re: Lots of positives from stoke today!!!

Post by Earl Blue » Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:21 pm

loudnproud wrote:Just got back and as soon as the team was given i was elated!!! Collins,Barron and mini-mac all starting along with supple,My proposed team was not too far out eh?

First of all the performance from supple was good,The stoke squad had done their homework on our keeper and noted that any crosses in his six yard area,were claimed,so stoke threw some gr8 balls in just beyond his reach.Devos was a mountain today with his head and needed to be too!! Along side Devos was young aiden collins,whom i rate anyway and will grow in stature with every game,He was up against some strong front runners today and with the small exception of his mistake(lack of experience),had a commanding game.
Royle has been bleating on about getting a left back in and i have been bleating on about scott barron. His contribution was well deserved and played the left side very well with my man of the match,Matt Richards.I hope that royle allows the home crowd to judge Barron for themselves,He is a gem in the making.
I was so pleased with our first 30 mins,i realy was on the verge of singing "Brazil!! It's just like watching Brazil!!" when aiden spoiled the moment and got caught in possesion!!! I,like a great many that travelled up to stoke today,were not feeling too confident what with our injuries and all,So to go 2-0 up was crimbo all over again!!
My only gripe was that i would of loved to have seen peters on the field and not proudlock,who is very average in my opinion.My biggest eye-opener though was that BFJ was off his seat activly getting involved with play!!!! About time too Joe!! We the supporters have been crying out for Royle to play the youngsters,Today he did so for he had no choice,It was supporters v Royle day and i believe we,the supporters can safly say,"Told you so!!!" Well done to all those that travelled,you realy are a credit to this club....See ya awl at PR on saturday!!!enjoy the season!

Great read, many thanks loudnproud..

Ps: Perhaps BFJ does read our comments on here
at Tb.com..

:wink: :wink:

Bluebird

Post by Bluebird » Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:21 pm

Great report, thanks for the feedback mate.

Riviera

Post by Riviera » Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:23 pm

wow, ive forgotten what its like to read a match report like that involving Town!!!

good on ya, a great read

also had a text from someone at the game saying the very same

Jonno

Post by Jonno » Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:30 pm

Thought Barron had a decent game today, and Collins only fault was there goal, but as for Mcdonald im still not covinced, i really dont think hes good enough to play in the championship. Today was a step forward, lets just hope that joe keeps playing Barron and Collins and a few more of the youngsters

SitoIsGod

Post by SitoIsGod » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:04 pm

Delighted with a point. I didn't give us a hope in hell of getting anything from the game with all the players missing. I was struggling to think of how we would cope without Naylor at the back.

Me being the optimist that I am, predicted us getting just 1 point from the January fixture list! And I would have said we would get that point away to Southampton. But thats one point already and a lot of positives to take out of the game, so things could be very different.