R.I.P. Ipswich Town FC....

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

barmy billy

Re: R.I.P. Ipswich Town FC....

Post by barmy billy » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:50 pm

You forgot Petta bread!!

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:00 pm

No, I intentionally left that out

you can wash it all down with some Kieron Dyer type Matt Holland lager that is all Jonathan Walters

Johannes Hyacinthus

Post by Johannes Hyacinthus » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:26 pm

I'm particularly fond of some Parkin*

*(For the dumbed down..soft cake traditionally made of oatmeal and .molasses which originated in Northern England.)

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:32 pm

right now I'm having

Salted peanuts and Cinema Style (it says) Pop Corn

I don't know of any former players similar to those eats but that's how it is

I don't mind eating the wrong things now and again, you only live once

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:57 pm

Probably slightly off delicious nougat filled Topic, but I just ate a gorgeous banofee pie made by Liverpool legend Sammy Lee's mum, Sara. Thankfully Sammy never ate it all.

K L Blue

Post by K L Blue » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:22 pm

marko69 wrote:Probably slightly off delicious nougat filled Topic, but I just ate a gorgeous banofee pie made by Liverpool legend Sammy Lee's mum, Sara. Thankfully Sammy never ate it all.
Oh Marko, you've brightened my day today.
thats about 3-4 times you've made me laugh......... :D

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:43 pm

It's good to have a laugh on the forum in amongst all the serious stuff, it's getting the balance that's difficult......, my problem is I physically type out all the bullshyte that comes into my head. This forum does have it's moments......, the very topper for me, ( aside from scharmanns s&m thread)...., was a conversation on a thread about something I can't even remember, but I do remember I was on a train going somewhere. Phantom was describing something, once again, can't remember, but he eventually said something along the lines of, "I'd rather hump Vanessa Feltz.......," The very next post was Bluemike saying, "Oh for Gods sake Man, Vanessa Feltz? Get a hold of yourself, that's sick". ......, or something along those lines,......., well I nearly physically pissed myself, what an arse I made of myself on the train....., had to be excused etc etc. That's what its aw aboot eh..... Having a laugh. What made that funnier though was Bluemike was probably being serious! Good stuff.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:18 am

strange how some find the slightest thing amusing

tell that kid

'what's brown and sticky'

'A Stick'

:D :D :D :D :D

Or, what do you call a fly without wings

'A Walk'

ooh my sides

:D :D

Johannes Hyacinthus

Post by Johannes Hyacinthus » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:35 am

marko69 wrote:Probably slightly off delicious nougat filled Topic, but I just ate a gorgeous banofee pie made by Liverpool legend Sammy Lee's mum, Sara. Thankfully Sammy never ate it all.
Sorry... I applaud you for continuing the foodie links... but surely mentioning Sammy Lee is kind of cheating... he aint Town! We've got to exhaust the Ipswich food-player pool first....

I'm thinking a tasty centre-half partnership would be Tony (Melton) Mowbray with Ian Cranson (pickle)....

ooohhh ... these are as bad as the Walkers crisp ones a few years ago... Salt and Lineker, Le Bouef and Onion...were they any more?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:31 am

Well keeping it "probably" ITFC......., this Cresswell dude? I don't think town should buy any player with a name that makes me want to buy an egg mayo sandwich.

K L Blue

Post by K L Blue » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:39 am

manningtree07 wrote:strange how some find the slightest thing amusing

tell that kid
'what's brown and sticky'

'A Stick'

:D :D :D :D :D

Or, what do you call a fly without wings

'A Walk'

ooh my sides

:D :D
If thats aimed in my direction Manners, its been a very long time since i've been called a kid!
in fact that would only now apply to my grandson. (who love the football playing horsey)
and you forgot.........................

whats green, sits in a tree and is dangerous?..............................

a snooker table with a machine gun :D

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:28 am

Nice, loving it ! What's White and bounces around the Australian outback? Skippy the bush fridge? Maybe a fair few pints for that nugget!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:19 am

marko69 wrote:It's good to have a laugh on the forum in amongst all the serious stuff, it's getting the balance that's difficult......, my problem is I physically type out all the bullshyte that comes into my head. This forum does have it's moments......, the very topper for me, ( aside from scharmanns s&m thread)...., was a conversation on a thread about something I can't even remember, but I do remember I was on a train going somewhere. Phantom was describing something, once again, can't remember, but he eventually said something along the lines of, "I'd rather hump Vanessa Feltz.......," The very next post was Bluemike saying, "Oh for Gods sake Man, Vanessa Feltz? Get a hold of yourself, that's sick". ......, or something along those lines,......., well I nearly physically pissed myself, what an arse I made of myself on the train....., had to be excused etc etc. That's what its aw aboot eh..... Having a laugh. What made that funnier though was Bluemike was probably being serious! Good stuff.

:D I remember that, cant remember if I was serious or not though. :D

K L Blue

Post by K L Blue » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:37 am

marko69 wrote:Nice, loving it ! What's White and bounces around the Australian outback? Skippy the bush fridge? Maybe a fair few pints for that nugget!
Nice one!
whats yellow and dangerous?
Shark infested custard!! :lol:

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:56 pm

Short sighted boardroom trying to re-coup the money wasted by kean. So they are not expecting to get to the premier next season then. What if connor had scored 10 to 15 goals by xmas come Januarey we could of got 15million for him or helped town to promotion the club would of got 90 million.
This club used pride itself on youth now they just sell the best and F**k the rest of us. 43 years a town fan and i have never been this disappointed and believe me ive seen some disappointment. :cry:

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:51 pm

Oh look, 48 hours later and we sign another FREE ! Aaron Creswell, fancy that so stick ya freezer jokes. Mock all you like but i can see hardly any of the CW money going to build a team for paul jewel. Oh and thanks for whoever it was who posted the entire Clegg report, but i still cant see where he actually says how much money out of the transfer of CW will be available to PJ. In actual fact it seems that he just waffles on as usual hoping that nobody will notice they are planning on using the CW money to regain some of the losses that mr Keane and Jim wasted.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:51 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:Short sighted boardroom trying to re-coup the money wasted by kean. So they are not expecting to get to the premier next season then. What if connor had scored 10 to 15 goals by xmas come Januarey we could of got 15million for him or helped town to promotion the club would of got 90 million.
This club used pride itself on youth now they just sell the best and F**k the rest of us. 43 years a town fan and i have never been this disappointed and believe me ive seen some disappointment. :cry:
Wickham wanted to leave to persue his own interests, he realized he wasn't going to get any premier league soccer at Portman road for some years to come, he needed to vacate to a higher level in order to further establish himself at international level and to bump up his already growing expectations, you can't hold a grudge against the kid in order for wanting to better himself, still only young and the world is his oyster, he needs to be in the premier league in order to sell himself and to make him into a better player than he could be in the championship league, still think what we recieved from SUFC was perhaps to little, I hope Jewell makes the most of his management acumen and puts it to good use.

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:55 pm

manningtree07 wrote:A Bargain on the frees, what, are going to play Chopra up front with some lamb steaks and some strawberry ice pops

oh, thought it said 'freeze'

in all seriousness How can you determine this new person is a rival fan out to cause problems, I couldn't get past the block capitals which I took issue with, it came across very easily as a disgruntled Town supporter not pleased with the recent sale and venting frustrations at those responsible

Maybe It's just a day of not being able to distinguish who is who and unable to sniff out enemy supporters sneaking in

I don't know
Oh look, 48 hours later and we sign another FREE ! Aaron Creswell, fancy that so stick ya freezer jokes. Mock all you like but i can see hardly any of the CW money going to build a team for paul jewel. Oh and thanks for whoever it was who posted the entire Clegg report, but i still cant see where he actually says how much money out of the transfer of CW will be available to PJ. In actual fact it seems that he just waffles on as usual hoping that nobody will notice they are planning on using the CW money to regain some of the losses that mr Keane and Jim wasted.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:01 pm

something suspicious going on

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:34 pm

hallamblue wrote:
ipswichtownNo1 wrote:JUST SEEN MR CLEGG REPORTING ON THE CONNOR SALE, DOESNT LOOK LIKE THEY ARE PLANNING ON SPENDING MUCH OF THE TRANSFER FEE ON PLAYERS TO REPLACE AND BUILD A STRONGER SQUAD. THE BLAH BLAH BLAH LONG TERM RECORD WAS PLAYED AGAIN WHILST THE MONEY SITS IN THE BANK AND EARNS THEM A LITTLE MORE I GUESS..... POOR PJ, WHAT HAVE YOU LET YOURSELF IN FOR, I HOPE YOU CAN SPOT A BARGAIN ON THE FREES!!

ahhhhhh another 6 fingered (inbred)tossa, with day off school ! :lol:

As for the inbred tossa comment, i do pity you. If you cant say anything constructive, please just stay quiet instead of being damn right insulting to other town fans. Just to put your tiny mind at rest ( and i hope this is not too much for you to take in in one posting) i have actually supported town for 32 years. And in that 32 years we have sold sold sold our best players , with brief spells of stability in which to be able to buy.
i for one find it frustrating that any promising player who can do a job for us is let go, especially when told we dont need to sell. Ok we get a supposed 8 million now with more to come. But just say clegg and co allow just 2 million of that for new players, i very much doubt we will get the type of quality and quantity of players we need to go upwith that budget. Hence why i guess we will get as many experienced free transfer players as we can and that 2 million will be used to pay the over priced wages they demand for once being good but are now no longer wanted or worth a transfer fee.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:50 pm

I preferred the freezer jokes part of the thread.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:26 pm

ipswichtownNo1 wrote:
hallamblue wrote:
ipswichtownNo1 wrote:JUST SEEN MR CLEGG REPORTING ON THE CONNOR SALE, DOESNT LOOK LIKE THEY ARE PLANNING ON SPENDING MUCH OF THE TRANSFER FEE ON PLAYERS TO REPLACE AND BUILD A STRONGER SQUAD. THE BLAH BLAH BLAH LONG TERM RECORD WAS PLAYED AGAIN WHILST THE MONEY SITS IN THE BANK AND EARNS THEM A LITTLE MORE I GUESS..... POOR PJ, WHAT HAVE YOU LET YOURSELF IN FOR, I HOPE YOU CAN SPOT A BARGAIN ON THE FREES!!

As for the inbred tossa comment, i do pity you. If you cant say anything constructive, please just stay quiet instead of being damn right insulting to other town fans. Just to put your tiny mind at rest ( and i hope this is not too much for you to take in in one posting) i have actually supported town for 32 years. And in that 32 years we have sold sold sold our best players , with brief spells of stability in which to be able to buy.
i for one find it frustrating that any promising player who can do a job for us is let go, especially when told we dont need to sell. Ok we get a supposed 8 million now with more to come. But just say clegg and co allow just 2 million of that for new players, i very much doubt we will get the type of quality and quantity of players we need to go upwith that budget. Hence why i guess we will get as many experienced free transfer players as we can and that 2 million will be used to pay the over priced wages they demand for once being good but are now no longer wanted or worth a transfer fee.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: you are still one !

ps , So glad you have mastered the "caps key" -x- :wink:
Last edited by hallamblue on Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trimleyblue
Global Moderator

Post by trimleyblue » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:27 pm

marko69 wrote:I preferred the freezer jokes part of the thread.
Dunno mate, left me a bit cold, if I'm honest ;-)

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:44 pm

trimleyblue wrote:
marko69 wrote:I preferred the freezer jokes part of the thread.
Dunno mate, left me a bit cold, if I'm honest ;-)

OH! Boom tish! He's here all week......., try the veal ! Adults only, no Bairns allowed!

loudnproud
Forum Hall of Famer

Post by loudnproud » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:01 pm

ipswichtownNo1 wrote:
hallamblue wrote:

You have got every right to have your opinion and reservations about where the club is heading. Cast your mind back to when we sold Kerion......His sale bought in the players that got us promoted......mabe its a plan worth repeating with the wickham sale. Window is still open is it not? be patient just a bit longer and see what develops :wink:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:28 pm

ipswichtownNo1 wrote:
hallamblue wrote:

No-one comes breezing onto a forim and 4 posts in starts giving in large, all this im a town fan for 32 years cobblers, you are so transparent its untrue pal.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:04 am

manningtree07 wrote:
derick_ipsw wrote:Short sighted boardroom trying to re-coup the money wasted by kean. So they are not expecting to get to the premier next season then. What if connor had scored 10 to 15 goals by xmas come Januarey we could of got 15million for him or helped town to promotion the club would of got 90 million.
Wickham wanted to leave to persue his own interests, he realized he wasn't going to get any premier league soccer at Portman road for some years to come, he needed to vacate to a higher level in order to further establish himself at international level and to bump up his already growing expectations, you can't hold a grudge against the kid in order for wanting to better himself, still only young and the world is his oyster, he needs to be in the premier league in order to sell himself and to make him into a better player than he could be in the championship league, still think what we recieved from SUFC was perhaps to little, I hope Jewell makes the most of his management acumen and puts it to good use.
If the club had rejected the offer he would still be here simple as that. I have no grudge to Connor the post stated SHORT SIGHTED BOARD does that help. ( AE YOU ON THE BOARD }}

Johannes Hyacinthus

Post by Johannes Hyacinthus » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:48 am

ipswichtownNo1 wrote:
hallamblue wrote:

This is my opinion... but Wickham was not our best player, he might have been one of a group of players that were better members of the team... but I don't believe he dictated games or even won us many games. He could have developed into our best player or been a
matchwinner for us ... but thats all potential and hoping and nothing concrete. £13 million or whatever... is concrete and in the right hands can be used to add to the squad. We don't have to replace a 20-25 goal striker cos he wasn't one. Many people are reasoning that in the second half of the season he scored 9 goals.. so then double it and you kind of get 20 goals a season.. or sort of.. but it doesnt really work out that way. For a young kid to show form over 46 games is a big ask... and he showed glimpses.. like the hat-trick or the Sheff U wonder goal (both games where he didn't win the game with those goals)... but not throughout the season.
For me.. Sunderland are taking the risk and we should be happy that we have good money and we said goodbye to a player who wanted to leave and is happy to play PL football. If we had turned down that offer... we would be with a player who is continously thinking about moving on and if he has a bad 10-20 games or an injury then his price tag will plummet.
Its all about how we invest the money.. if we don't use it wisely then it could come back and haunt us.... but I'm convinced its the right decision... but its how well we spend it that will ultimately be the key.

J4ck22

Post by J4ck22 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:03 am

ipswichtownNo1 wrote:Oh look, 48 hours later and we sign another FREE ! Aaron Creswell, fancy that so stick ya freezer jokes. Mock all you like but i can see hardly any of the CW money going to build a team for paul jewel. Oh and thanks for whoever it was who posted the entire Clegg report, but i still cant see where he actually says how much money out of the transfer of CW will be available to PJ. In actual fact it seems that he just waffles on as usual hoping that nobody will notice they are planning on using the CW money to regain some of the losses that mr Keane and Jim wasted.
We still need 3-4 players, we can't go spending crazily...

Herbivore

Post by Herbivore » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:57 pm

Johannes Hyacinthus wrote:This is my opinion... but Wickham was not our best player, he might have been one of a group of players that were better members of the team... but I don't believe he dictated games or even won us many games. He could have developed into our best player or been a
matchwinner for us ... but thats all potential and hoping and nothing concrete. £13 million or whatever... is concrete and in the right hands can be used to add to the squad. We don't have to replace a 20-25 goal striker cos he wasn't one. Many people are reasoning that in the second half of the season he scored 9 goals.. so then double it and you kind of get 20 goals a season.. or sort of.. but it doesnt really work out that way. For a young kid to show form over 46 games is a big ask... and he showed glimpses.. like the hat-trick or the Sheff U wonder goal (both games where he didn't win the game with those goals)... but not throughout the season.
For me.. Sunderland are taking the risk and we should be happy that we have good money and we said goodbye to a player who wanted to leave and is happy to play PL football. If we had turned down that offer... we would be with a player who is continously thinking about moving on and if he has a bad 10-20 games or an injury then his price tag will plummet.
Its all about how we invest the money.. if we don't use it wisely then it could come back and haunt us.... but I'm convinced its the right decision... but its how well we spend it that will ultimately be the key.
Completely agree with you on this one, mate. For all those saying we should have kept him and he could have been worth double with a 20 goal season it's just as possible he could have struggled with injuries and form again as he did early last season and ended up with 10 goals for the season. He wouldn't have been worth anything like as much then. For the fee we got it's good business, keeping him would have been much more of a gamble as we would have been taking a punt on him consistently producing the goods for us and firing us to the Prem. That is the only outcome that would have justified keeping him really, given the offer than was put on the table. That's a massive ask, and far more of a risk than taking what was a very good sum of money from Sunderland and hopefully looking to reinvest it.