Don's Watford v Ipswich Preview & Match Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Away Day Points?

Watford Win
30%
Draw
40%
Ipswich Win
30%

Total votes: 10

larrylamb
Location: Poole (dorset) with work !!! most of the time or Ipswich at Home..!!

Re: Don's Watford v Ipswich Preview & Match Thread

Post by larrylamb » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:14 pm

To be fair they were cack the first half..maybe MM got into them..whatever got to be happy

James Scharmann

Post by James Scharmann » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:23 pm

I don't believe it both games vs Watford this season Hyam has hit the bar

James Scharmann

Post by James Scharmann » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:25 pm

That is how cruel football is what a terrible goal to concede bogey team Watford do it again :twisted:

James Scharmann

Post by James Scharmann » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:27 pm

3-1 SO FRUSTRATING IT WAS IN OUR HANDS

phily bon bon

Post by phily bon bon » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:42 pm

Green would not have been my first choice but lets see.

phily bon bon

Post by phily bon bon » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:44 pm

Just not at the races today. Dirty cnuts those watford players

J4ck22

Post by J4ck22 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:45 pm

It was starting to look good for us and we just completely threw it away, really poor performance really.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:05 pm

Shame...I thought for sure we'd be up for this one!

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:15 pm

Bit disappointed with this result, thought we would of wanted to win this, obviously not eh lads!

J4ck22

Post by J4ck22 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:49 pm

Dazzz67 wrote:Bit disappointed with this result, thought we would of wanted to win this, obviously not eh lads!
Yeah, I'm sure we don't actually want to get to the playoffs...

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:00 pm

I'm pretty sure everyone connected with the club would want to make the playoffs if at all possible especially given the potential financial benefits.

As disappointing as today's result is it's not the end of the world, and if we don't make 6th place there will be far easier games than today's where points were dropped that shouldn't have been.

Whatever happens in the remaining games this has been a far better season to be a Town fan than those under our two previous Managers.

02whitma

Post by 02whitma » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:19 pm

rediculous to say that we wernt up for this one and didnt want to win etc we played a very good in form watford side and had possitive spells yes we through the game away but ffs back the lads they have been great this season

phily bon bon

Post by phily bon bon » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:11 pm

02whitma wrote:rediculous to say that we wernt up for this one and didnt want to win etc we played a very good in form watford side and had possitive spells yes we through the game away but ffs back the lads they have been great this season

Have to say i agree with the above we have had a great season and its not over yet.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:40 pm

As disappointing as it is to lose I dont think the score really reflects the game as a whole, someone above mentions we only had one effort on goal first half well i dont recall Watford have any more than that either. Watford did look better with the ball it has to be said but i thought we started the second half really well and after Nouble missed a great chance we deservedly levelled and then hyam hits the bar, a great save by the way from Almunia, we had them on the rack at this point and I felt we were going to do it. Unfortunately some awful defending gifts them a second goal and shortly afterwards the third finishes us off.

I dont think a draw would have been an unfair result but that is just my opinion, I think I am right in saying they had Three meaningful efforts and goal and all Three went in. I thought Hyam was our best player today by a mile, not so impressed with Woody and Chambers had a dodgy game too, all too often Smuth hoofs the ball withour any thought but all in all this is NOT the end of the world, a missed opportunity yes but still very much all to play for. I think 7 points could still be enough to sneak in, a few twists and turns still to come.

I have to say what great support today from the Town faithful, plenty of noise throughout unlike the watford fans who finally found their voices when 3-1 up.

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:08 pm

J4ack22........Wind your neck in, I am entitled to my opinion.

I am behind the team, we all get frustrated from time to time, I could of come on here and said a lot worse but was trying not to get to heated.

There are a few games to play so not all is lost, today was a negative so fingers crossed Monday will be a positive.

herforder

Post by herforder » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:38 am

No doubt the excellent save from Hyam's header was the key moment in the game -as stated by the Watford manager. Then to concede two quick, sloppy (perhaps untypical) goals probably knocked the stuffing out of us a bit. As Mike says, a draw would have been a fair result overall; but that game has now gone, and we need to quickly regroup for tomorrow's crucial encounter with Bournemouth.

Although the balance may have tipped towards Brighton, in this 'bonkers' league any results are possible - eg Yeovil to win at Brighton - but we should aim to win our final three games and bag 9 points. No doubt the lads have the stamina and desire to cope with the physical demands of those matches - need, also, to be mentally tough and not allow yesterday's result impact adversely.