Derby County vs Ipswich Town Match Preview

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Can we bounce back with a win?

Derby County Win
53%
Ipswich Town Win
33%
Draw
13%

Total votes: 15

morph

Re: Derby County vs Ipswich Town Match Preview

Post by morph » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:26 am

J4ck22 wrote:
bluejacko wrote:Thanks for the reports guys,out of curiosity i went on to the derby fans forum and seemingly we play like thugs! And the ref gave us everything. But hay ho a point is a point.
I seem to remember when they came to PR last season, they spent the game kicking the sh*t out of Williams for 90 minutes...
It really wasn't a dirty game, the REF made it seem that way. If you as much as looked at them the wrong way, he was blowing up. To be fair, we did get the rub of the green yesterday, but that makes a change. Usually we seem to get harshly treated by the officials, but yesterday they were in our corner.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:28 am

I seem to remember being 4-1 @ Derby @ HT. Then drawing 4-4......., but fking HAY HO, a point is a point! :D

Just kidding Bluejacko, ....., STILL can't believe that result!

J4ck22

Post by J4ck22 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:03 pm

marko69 wrote:I seem to remember being 4-1 @ Derby @ HT. Then drawing 4-4......., but fking HAY HO, a point is a point! :D

Just kidding Bluejacko, ....., STILL can't believe that result!
I don't recall that, must have blanked it out of my memory...

phily bon bon

Post by phily bon bon » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:09 pm

Delighted to read the reports on the match from the lads that were present. A good no holds bared appraisal of whats been witnessed. Really enjoy reading a fans eye view and a big thanks to Bluemike and Mach for the time used to keep us in the loop.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:33 pm

phily bon bon wrote:Delighted to read the reports on the match from the lads that were present. A good no holds bared appraisal of whats been witnessed. Really enjoy reading a fans eye view and a big thanks to Bluemike and Mach for the time used to keep us in the loop.
Absolutely! Thanks Mike and Mach for taking the time to write those reports. You don't know how important that is for overseas fans. I'm happy to hear Bishop and Henshall had an impact. I can't wait to see them both play. When Stewart comes back, we should certainly be a threat down the wings...and with Bishop's 'eye for goal' I can see him scoring a 'cracka' before long. Once again, a point at Derby is a good result. Onwards and upwards, COYB!!!

herforder

Post by herforder » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:53 pm

Valuable point gained, which looked highly unlikely at half-time. Great summaries, too, from the boys who were there. (Alex Mathie agreed with every word!) :wink:

Really encouraged to see that we were able to break out from the one-dimensional, predictable but largely ineffective stuff being played, and be a transformed side after the break that could have actually nicked a win. How can the same team do that to such a marked extent? But the fact is we can and we did; so over to you MM for the next two home game. I know what approach, and what players I'd like too see :D

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:28 am

All told it's a fine point at one of the pre-season promotion favorites. Appears the final result could of gone either way but McCarthy and the squad can take heart from this and hopefully take it into subsequent fixtures. If we had been offered a draw before play almost all would have taken it for sure.