Ipswich Town vs Huddersfield Town Match Preview

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Will we bounce back?

Ipswich Win
100%
Huddersfield Win
No votes
Draw
No votes

Total votes: 16

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Ipswich Town vs Huddersfield Town Match Preview

Post by Bluemike » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:58 am

Billy, if you had seen Tommy Smith attempt to play LB at Stevenage of all places last season you would never wish to witness it again, he was run ragged by League One players. I think we had the right people in the right positions yesterday, unfortunately a couple of them werent on their game.

That said this is still far from disaster, we didnt lose a game that we were clearly second best in, the frustration comes from the fact we were 2-0 u8p and didnt see it through to the end. We are in the mix with a host of other clubs, we have not won in five but only lost once in Ten, every club has a poor run and a blip, maybe this is ours and if it is I am opk with that as we are still picking up points.

The next three games will tell us a lot, an away game next at bottom club Blackpool and then Two home games in the space of Five days against Wolves and watford who are both in the top Three, I would suggest at least Six points is required and that would be a good return which would still have us very much in the race. Keep the faith.

After all Forest and Derby both lost at home, Norwich failed to win for the Fifth game in a row, Boro dropped points at home so it is not as if it is just us, this is a very unpredictable league where strange things happen on a weekly basis, it can all change very quickly again, we were all hailing them as a great bunch a couple of weeks ago and as MM says they havent become bad players overnight. It is frustrating but we cant always win and picking upm odd points when not playing well is a good trait to have and a recipe for success. I am not too concerned just yet.

herforder

Post by herforder » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:30 pm

Immediate priority is to come through this difficult patch, stay in touch with those around us, and then hopefully push on. If we can achieve that, starting with a good performance and positive result against Blackpool, then the future will take care of itself. Can understand, however, the genuine concerns of those who believe that, with the enforced changes yesterday, we seemed to have reverted to MM's brand of basic football, and were the worse for it. But it was one game, with opportunities coming rapidly to pull out of the frustrating cycle we seem to be caught in.

Time perhaps for MM to look critically at his midfield/wide options. Collison, Stewart, Henshall, Ambrose etc.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:55 pm

Yes I've been wondering why we haven't seen a few different faces in midfield. I suppose MM felt we were having such a good run it's best not to tinker. Well we're winless in 5 now, so maybe it's time to tinker. I agree with Mick Mills in that you have to attack to defend, but you have to have fit, quick players to achieve that.

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:42 am

Some poor team is in for a pasting when we get our heads out of our bots, let's hope it's at Blackpool because we have a few tricky games after them :-)

We have had a good run and too lose only one game in ten is pretty impressive, keep the faith.

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:30 am

bluemike wrote:Billy, if you had seen Tommy Smith attempt to play LB at Stevenage of all places last season you would never wish to witness it again, he was run ragged by League One players. I think we had the right people in the right positions yesterday, unfortunately a couple of them werent on their game.

That said this is still far from disaster, we didnt lose a game that we were clearly second best in, the frustration comes from the fact we were 2-0 u8p and didnt see it through to the end. We are in the mix with a host of other clubs, we have not won in five but only lost once in Ten, every club has a poor run and a blip, maybe this is ours and if it is I am opk with that as we are still picking up points.

The next three games will tell us a lot, an away game next at bottom club Blackpool and then Two home games in the space of Five days against Wolves and watford who are both in the top Three, I would suggest at least Six points is required and that would be a good return which would still have us very much in the race. Keep the faith.

After all Forest and Derby both lost at home, Norwich failed to win for the Fifth game in a row, Boro dropped points at home so it is not as if it is just us, this is a very unpredictable league where strange things happen on a weekly basis, it can all change very quickly again, we were all hailing them as a great bunch a couple of weeks ago and as MM says they havent become bad players overnight. It is frustrating but we cant always win and picking upm odd points when not playing well is a good trait to have and a recipe for success. I am not too concerned just yet.

Thanks for that, Mike.

Have no fear, I am keeping the faith. I just hope we bury Blackpool: you know what we can be like against bottom clubs dometimes.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:18 pm

One thing is for sure, this is looking like being one of the closest and most nail biting Championship seasons in memory. Nobody is away from the pack at the top and as someone said earlier there are a lot of teams still in range of the top 6.

I still contend that the secret is not to lose. Would love to have converted a couple of those draws to wins but I take the 1 loss in 10 as important right now.

Now if we could get wins against both Watford & Wolves........... :wink:

herforder

Post by herforder » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:35 pm

Dubai Blue wrote:One thing is for sure, this is looking like being one of the closest and most nail biting Championship seasons in memory. Nobody is away from the pack at the top and as someone said earlier there are a lot of teams still in range of the top 6.

I still contend that the secret is not to lose. Would love to have converted a couple of those draws to wins but I take the 1 loss in 10 as important right now.

Now if we could get wins against both Watford & Wolves........... :wink:
MM will say we owe ourselves 6 points. Good place to get 3 of 'em back will be Blackpool on Saturday :) Hints of possible changes from Mick, TS talking to the media about need to stop letting points slip away etc.....need to stay in touch with a very close pack. A good win and 3 points will therefore do very nicely. Then on to the two Ws with renewed confidence and belief!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:44 pm

Six or seven points from the next three and I will be well happy and we will also be in a very good position again.