Rumours Thread.

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Re: Rumours Thread.

Post by hallamblue » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:54 pm

I think we should try and get Jonniesta back this season.

herforder

Post by herforder » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:14 pm

hallamblue wrote:I think we should try and get Jonniesta back this season.
A good shout. My only doubt would be that he seemed a bit fragile against the physicality of the C'ship. A bit injury prone; but fit and fighting would be a quality addition - presumably on loan?

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:30 pm

herforder wrote:
hallamblue wrote:I think we should try and get Jonniesta back this season.
A good shout. My only doubt would be that he seemed a bit fragile against the physicality of the C'ship. A bit injury prone; but fit and fighting would be a quality addition - presumably on loan?
I wouldn't mind a season long loan....I agree he's injury prone but then so is McGoldrick lol. . We've got to get some quality , width and pace in the squad to be in with top 6 shout I think.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:21 pm

I read some where we have scouts at the Euros; hopefully their presence will bring in at least one quality signing.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:13 pm

number 9 wrote:I read some where we have scouts at the Euros; hopefully their presence will bring in at least one quality signing.
:roll: I wouldn't stake your life on that happening, mind you it is early days yet, BUT I have a sneaky feeling after all the ME hype of money to spend, there will be little or no action on new players arriving, other than the one we have signed in and exchange with Pompey, I think it was all bullshit talk by ME & Milne to appease the deserting fans base, to renew season tickets, they will make some excuse like oh the falling GDP means the budget is shot :lol: :lol: :lol: yeh yeh here we go again.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:00 pm

ashfordblue wrote:
number 9 wrote:I read some where we have scouts at the Euros; hopefully their presence will bring in at least one quality signing.
:roll: I wouldn't stake your life on that happening, mind you it is early days yet, BUT I have a sneaky feeling after all the ME hype of money to spend, there will be little or no action on new players arriving, other than the one we have signed in and exchange with Pompey, I think it was all bullshit talk by ME & Milne to appease the deserting fans base, to renew season tickets, they will make some excuse like oh the falling GDP means the budget is shot :lol: :lol: :lol: yeh yeh here we go again.
I hope you're wrong Ash, I will truly be pissed off if we fail to strengthen the squad.

herforder

Post by herforder » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:29 pm

Kane Smith, 19 year old RB, from Hitchin Town. Trialist here last season, played in U-21s, and ITFC allegedly front runners to sign him - although others also interested! Watch this space.....

rossi

Post by rossi » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:01 pm

herforder wrote:Kane Smith, 19 year old RB, from Hitchin Town. Trialist here last season, played in U-21s, and ITFC allegedly front runners to sign him - although others also interested! Watch this space.....
wow - a right back from Hitchin.

I'll wait with bated breath for this one - and I bet I'll bate my breath better than anyone because I'm a master bater ;)

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:24 pm

HEY......., I thought I was the only w@nker on here?! :D

herforder

Post by herforder » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:45 pm

I guessed this news would provoke massive ejeculations of joy! :D

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:29 pm

marko69 wrote:HEY......., I thought I was the only w@nker on here?! :D
I'll toss you for that honour

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:31 pm

Apparently the deal is all in hand.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:38 pm

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/29772/ Any news around the Town on this lad?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:42 pm

Rhymes with Marriott......, he'll be Shyte!

Joking......., I'm all for good out and out wingers. Hope he's decent.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:45 pm

rossi wrote:
herforder wrote:Kane Smith, 19 year old RB, from Hitchin Town. Trialist here last season, played in U-21s, and ITFC allegedly front runners to sign him - although others also interested! Watch this space.....
wow - a right back from Hitchin.

I'll wait with bated breath for this one - and I bet I'll bate my breath better than anyone because I'm a master bater ;)
Some players who went on to achieve recognition believe started their careers there. Kevin Phillips was maybe one of them but not 100 per cent on it. Just a place name that stands out that has provided an early start for ex-players who provided eventual success. The kid may be something of a worthwhile addition over time, at least we're showing intent at bringing people in.

The other one, (what was it), part of a team from last season that weren't good enough to retain championship status and now we're in the hunt for a signature ? Best time for further response is if the deal actually comes to pass but not in awe of this potential acquisition.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:35 pm

Harriott is a decent signing if we can pull it off, was really impressed with him the couple of times I have seen him, there are a fair few clubs keen on him by all accounts.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:13 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36650591 another one to set the world on fire!! Paul Digby completes move on free transfer.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:37 pm

so far, it seems like the focus is on youth...fresh legs perhaps, to last the whole season??

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:43 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36650591 another one to set the world on fire!! Paul Digby completes move on free transfer.
Can't seem to remember the feedback after Digbys games for ITFC last season......., was he decent? And if MM sees his as centre back, who is he replacing in there?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:53 pm

marko69 wrote:
derick_ipsw wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36650591 another one to set the world on fire!! Paul Digby completes move on free transfer.
Can't seem to remember the feedback after Digbys games for ITFC last season......., was he decent? And if MM sees his as centre back, who is he replacing in there?
He had an excellent game up at Middlesborough Marko and against Rhodes/Nugent. A decent addition to the squad as he is versatile, as MM has pointed out gone are the days of emergency loans etc, we really need to have competition for places within the squad.

herforder

Post by herforder » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:06 pm

Initial 1 year contract, makes good sense. Although a CB, MM believes he provides some flexibility, by being able to play in midfield. His first challenge, though, will be get into the team!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:32 pm

Cheers for that, Mike.

Can only hope Mick plays the best team, Herforder. After the team England had on the BENCH last night, ...., "Just play the best team, Mick!" (Or damn team for SJ!)

I was actually quite enjoying the season break and not bothered that August is over a month away, but I tell you, after the referendum sh*te, I just want to focus on the new season now. Fairly sure the people on here who are not idiots feel the same.

Bring on the Cabbage and the ITFC.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:42 pm

I see Hibs are linked with that wanker Holt.....You lot desperate marko ?? :wink:

herforder

Post by herforder » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:59 pm

marko69 wrote:Cheers for that, Mike.

Can only hope Mick plays the best team, Herforder. After the team England had on the BENCH last night, ...., "Just play the best team, Mick!" (Or damn team for SJ!)

I was actually quite enjoying the season break and not bothered that August is over a month away, but I tell you, after the referendum sh*te, I just want to focus on the new season now. Fairly sure the people on here who are not idiots feel the same.

Bring on the Cabbage and the ITFC.
Squad back in full training today - MM/TC both appear to be genuinely pleased to be back! 6 weeks and counting...... :)

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:22 pm

hallamblue wrote:I see Hibs are linked with that wanker Holt.....You lot desperate marko ?? :wink:
Must thank you for bringing this to my attention, Hallam,......, hadn't read anything about this. I since have. Seems Lennon is keen. He might do a job, but at 35 years old, in the utterly pathetic Scottish Championship, he could struggle. He won't get a minutes peace, and at that age, he'll need a breather.

But, still not 100% on Lennon as yet, if honest. But if promoted and win Cup again, I'll warm to the ginger tosser.

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:14 pm

MM on BBC Radio suffolk tjis morning stated that he will be looking at loans again. So much for the cash promised by ME.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:54 pm

These loan players will need paying you know, it's not all about forking out a transfer fee ( plus agents fees). We may well target some PL youngsters once those senior PL players on Euro duty have returned to their clubs , then the peripheral players will be allowed to go out on loan. That will be where Mick does his business I think.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:30 pm

Need to see news - even if it is only a rumor - about potential center forwards that could do a job. No need to elaborate on last season's deficiencies with our leading forwards (Yes Murphy was never going to replicate the success of before but was still disappointing) and you look through available names such as Sears, McGoldrick, even Varney, for next season : and while perhaps unfair to berate any individual name before another round of fixtures, some feel the need to bring in someone else who could contribute or mean the difference between top six and missing out once more on another promotion opportunity.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:11 am

And you were bang on, Queen Hallamski......., Holt signed for the Cabbage & Ribs yesterday. Insisting he's not at ER to help the youngsters......, he's at ER to score goals and get Hibs back to the SPL.

From ex nodge pie eatin fat bstd........, to pie eatin fat bstd Hibs legend.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:16 pm

lol I hope you're happy with the diving fat git. He might do well for you if he can stay on his flat feet.....x