Rumours Thread.

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

herforder

Re: Rumours Thread.

Post by herforder » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:05 pm

hallamblue wrote:I think Town are being sensible in the current climate of gun ho spending , which WILL catch a lot of clubs out. We simply cant afford to get caught out a second time.

Overall I think our squad looks a lot better than last season now . Creativity / pace not an issue. OK we have no out and out target man , but that may be a blessing in disguise as Mike says we now have to play the ball on the deck . Which could catch a few out tbh .

If Mick is really that hell bent on having a target striker to lump the ball up to , then January will see us but one I suspect ( Club has already alluded t this last night anyway ).

Its going to be really interesting to see how he lines up vs Reading now : which is a complete sell out for Town fans btw .

Edit: I would add that it wasn't a case of Town... "didn't find a replacement " for Murphy , just that there wasn't enough time for the clubs to come to an agreement about fee, or the other clubs replacement . hence a return to the situation in Jan window .

I suspect we were after the Millwall striker Lee Gregory
QPR's Conor Washington, apparently.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:01 pm

As you say Liz it will be very interesting indeed, we will only have Pitman or Best in the centre, so it will be useless lumping the ball up to them, so I can see if the back four don't learn very quickly to play the ball out of defence to the middfield, and continue to hoof it, It will come straight back to them, so we do have a marvellous midfield talent now, with Bru, Bishop, Williams, Scuse & Lawrence who can all create openings and passes for the wingers and front men, so mick get them used to the idea of playing the Ipswich way for a change,

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:13 pm

shabba wrote:Assume we can still sign free agents?

.......are there any good free agents knocking around?
Probably not, that's why they are free agents. :wink:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:39 pm

Well if Conor washington and Kyle Bennet are the two targets in question I am over the bloody moon that we failed to agree terms etc, I would have hated us wasting that kind of money on washington, seen him a few times and don't really think much of him to be honest. I think it has worked out well for us in that respect.

Andy, I was saying Bent is a spent force not us LOL.

Shabba makes a very good point about free agents because yes we can still bring them in should we find one, one that was mentioned in the press a few days ago was Victor Anichebe who would be an excellent signing at this level, big, strong and powerful with top flight experience, he may not be the finished article by any means but I would love to see him here, I am sure there must be others out there too, why spend a million plus when you can pick them, up for nowt. Adam Reach for 5 Million ???? Bloody obscene.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:37 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
shabba wrote:Assume we can still sign free agents?

.......are there any good free agents knocking around?
Probably not, that's why they are free agents. :wink:

Clearly there are free agents around and Forest have just found themselves one as they look to complete the signing ex Arsenal and Wolfsburg striker Nicholas Bendtner.

herforder

Post by herforder » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:30 pm

Surprise capture! Could be a decent signing for them - albeit with a degree of risk regarding personality and attitude.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:43 pm

Whilst he didn't do much whilst at Wolfsburg he did manage to score 45 goals for Arsenal in 171 games between 2005 and 2014.

He also scored 29 international goals in 72 appearances for Denmark.

He's still only 28 and must surely be as good as it gets when it comes to free agents.

I certainly wouldn't have been displeased had he turned up at Portman Road.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:00 am

How about Emmanuel Adebayor, he was considering a move to Fulham on transfer deadline day but the deal fell through.

Maybe not, I guess he's beyond our affordability.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:54 am

Omar Bogle is currently the top goalscorer in League 2 with eight goals and two assists in nine League 2 outings, with his most recent goal being the winner in a tight game between Grimsby Town and Mansfield Town.

Bogle’s early run of form has been attracting attention from across the Football League, most notably Ipswich Town have reported their interest in the 23-year-old striker.

Although the gap between Sky Bet League 2 and the Sky Bet Championship is a large one, Bogle has all the necessary attributes to not only step up but thrive at a higher level.

If Ipswich Town are to prise Omar Bogle away from Grimsby Town, it could potentially take a fee around the £1 million mark to persuade Grimsby to allow their prolific striker to leave.