Rumours Thread.

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Tangfastic

Re: Rumours Thread.

Post by Tangfastic » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:35 pm

The new lad .... I saw his first comments and he didn't mention (a) Town were his first choice (b) Town have a lot of history (c) he'd like to play in the Premiership... especially with Town.

Not following instructions... could be he's got an attitude problem.

Seems like an interesting signing. Would be great if it was LWAVTAPM. He's not played first team football for Everton so maybe we could snap him up if he's any good. Fraser was our best player when fit last year, but could never see him signing permanently.

Happy enough.... Micks adding with youth so we'll see if him and TC can integrate these kids into the team. With youth, there's always an eye on the future and potential rather than the result.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:00 pm

lol....he also made no mention of the quality of our training facilities - a hang able offence any day of the week.

herforder

Post by herforder » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:50 pm

[quote="hallamblue"]lol....he also made no mention of the quality of our training facilities - a hang able offence any day of the week.

Probably hasn't seen 'em yet!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:53 pm

So already the lad has a possible attitude problem ? I hope that is a joke ?

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:56 pm

bluemike wrote:So already the lad has a possible attitude problem ? I hope that is a joke ?
Come on, Mike..... has your inbuilt desire to promote ITFC and deter any negativity got in your way of your senses. Calm down. :)

More than happy with this.... Could well be a good propect.

* " great training facilities" is that circa 2014 speak..... who cares we've heard it all . Good luck to the lad .

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:51 pm

tangfastic wrote:
bluemike wrote:So already the lad has a possible attitude problem ? I hope that is a joke ?
Come on, Mike..... has your inbuilt desire to promote ITFC and deter any negativity got in your way of your senses. Calm down. :)

More than happy with this.... Could well be a good propect.

* " great training facilities" is that circa 2014 speak..... who cares we've heard it all . Good luck to the lad .
Well to be honest there is so much negativity with everything the club and MM tries to do I did wonder for a second or two. Thankfully I was confident you were on a wind up.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:49 am

Not so good about the Lamah offer being rejected. Certainly read from a few reports that he was very promising indeed. Bit disappointed with that.

Grant Ward & Conor Grant?

Behind the scenes conversations:

Evans: Just heard the water main supply that the players are drinking is from a lead pipe.
Klug: That'll need replaced, Mr Evans.
Evans: Hopefully we can get a grant.
Klug: I'll go ask Mick about getting a grant.
Finds Mick.......
Klug: Mr Evans wants a grant, Mick?
Mick: A tit grant you say, Brian?
Klug: He was blabbering away about something about water, then he said the club needs a grant.
MIck: Does he mean that tit, tit Peter Grant, Brian?
Klug: I'm not sure about that, boss.
Mick: About tit what, Brian? About getting tit Peter Grant?
Klug: No. About Peter Grant being a tit, boss.
Mick: Hey. Believe you me, Brian, he's a tit fkn tit, lad.
TC: What you two tits talking about?
Mick: Tit Peter Grant, Terry.
TC: oh deary me, yes......, what a tit that man is.
Mick: That's what I was saying to tit Brian there, Terry. He doesn't think so.
TC: listen, tit Brian....., Peter Grant is a total tit.
Klug: Look, guys, I'm just letting you know, Evans wants a grant.
Mick: I'll go get tit two of 'em for the tit tight bstd!
Klug: guys, maybe........,
Mick: Shut it, Brian. Go get my tit car washed.

lucy

Post by lucy » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:18 am

Luke Varney is back until January. This is due to McGoldrick facing a lengthy lay off with ankle problem.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:51 pm

Norwegian sources are linking West Ham midfielder Martin Samuelsen with a loan move to the Blues until January with the possibility of an extension to the end of the season.

TWTD revealed the Blues’ interest in the 19-year-old Norwegian international yesterday with Town boss Mick McCarthy and Terry Connor subsequently making the trip to watch the Hammers U23s beat Newcastle 3-1 at Dagenham and Redbridge’s Victoria Road.

According to Tore Søyland of Norwegian TV channel Viasat Sport, Samuelsen is set to be loaned to the Blues initially on a half-season loan but with the potential for the switch to be extended to the end of the campaign.

Samuelsen played youth football with hometown club Vard Haugesund before being recruited by Manchester City as a 15-year-old.

After three years with City the 6ft 2½in tall winger or attacking central midfielder moved on to West Ham in June 2015.

He spent much of last season on loan at Peterborough, where he made nine starts and 11 sub appearances, scoring twice.

Samuelsen, who has made two Europa Cup sub appearances for West Ham, won his first full Norway cap as a sub in a 3-2 friendly victory over Iceland in June having previously played at U16, U17, U18 and U21 levels.

Speaking yesterday, Town boss Mick McCarthy said he was "trying to get a couple more in" before the transfer window closes next week, additions he expected would be loans or free agents.
Know nothing of him but looks impressive in the clip of him. A winger who likes to run at defenders and can play attacking Midfield too, sounds like he may be worth a punt.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:23 pm

I just hope he wont be like AMN. Full of young promise but still a green horn, that cant keep the ball. A bag o tricks is all very nice, but AMN constantly lost possession for us often very cheaply.

I dont want to seem harsh on the youngsters, cos it's great to see them come through, but we need to balance the numbers of inexperienced players with seniors in the team.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:27 pm

Mick probably wants a lofty midfielder to win the ball in the air...and of course, someone who can head on the long ball to Murphy. :wink:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:36 pm

number 9 wrote:Mick probably wants a lofty midfielder to win the ball in the air...and of course, someone who can head on the long ball to Murphy. :wink:

We've got Reg for that !! :mrgreen:

herforder

Post by herforder » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:18 pm

Can recall watching a TV game last season, in which he played for Posh, and remember being surprised that West Ham had sent him out on loan. He was the outstanding player on the day. Also thought that he'd be a good shout for us; if it happens, he'd be a quality addition (potentially!).

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:24 pm

Good to hear Herforder, get him in LOL.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:47 am

We, (along with half the divisions other clubs ), are also supposed to be after this fella

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Arms ... ootballer)

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:00 pm

hallamblue wrote:We, (along with half the divisions other clubs ), are also supposed to be after this fella

20 goals in 40 appearances???....sign him up!

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:03 pm

number 9 wrote:
hallamblue wrote:We, (along with half the divisions other clubs ), are also supposed to be after this fella

20 goals in 40 appearances???....sign him up!

Son of Alun Armstrong who used to play for us and scored a few goals for us himself.

Adam Armstrong was also listed in the PFA Team of the Year for League One.

Sounds like a decent pedigree and natural career progression from League 1 to the Championship. He has of course also made 15 Premier League appearances with Newcastle United.

Would be a good signing if there's any truth in the rumour.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:14 pm

I see no sense in the Armstrong thing, he just wouldnt play so it is pointless, we already have Five strikers anyway, none starter for me. Samuelson on the other hand would fill a void on the Left which we badly need sorting.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:32 pm

He knows where the net is though which is more than our strikers currently do!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:47 pm

All scored at a lower level though, that is chalk and cheese.

herforder

Post by herforder » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:06 pm

Prefer a creative, forward thinking, central midfielder.

K L Blue

Post by K L Blue » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:09 pm

That's one that wont be coming...............................

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/30128/

herforder

Post by herforder » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:25 pm

Allegedly looking for a loanee with CShip experience. Heard the name Michael Kightly mentioned by commentators during last night's Sky EPL coverage of A Stanley v Burnley, as someone MM was interested in. Might be an old story, though.

(Well done to A Stanley - great result for them!)

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:35 pm

Samuelson gone to Blackburn then with MM stating he was never at the serious stage of going after him. Edging closer to another addition though which is good news while Leon best looks like he could be offered a deal as back up for Murphy.
Town boss Mick McCarthy says there is a potential deal on the cards for trialist striker Leon Best and that he is edging closer to making another addition to his squad.
TweetFacebookLinkedInEmailShareThis

Former Rotherham and Newcastle frontman Best, 29, scored for the Blues U23s in Monday’s 3-2 defeat to Birmingham.

“I thought he did fine in the U23s game,” McCarthy said. “He scored a really good goal and he’s trained with us today and he’ll train with us tomorrow.

“There is a potential deal on the cards for him. He brings something different and bear in mind we’ve got two or three international breaks where Murph will be away and there’s the potential for him to come back with a stress or a strain.

“We’ve got Didz out until November, probably 12 weeks, 10 to 12 weeks, so a bit of extra fire power won’t do us any harm.”

McCarthy says he is likely to make at least one further addition to his squad before the transfer window closes next Wednesday, probably a loanee.

“There is but it is kind of dependent on other things falling a little bit. But we’re getting closer and closer, I think,” he said.

McCarthy admitted that he looked at West Ham winger Martin Samuelsen, who joined Blackburn on loan this morning, but says another still-ongoing target has been of more serious interest.

“There were a number of players that we’ve been looking at,” he added. “I’ve got somebody else I’m looking at.

“I like Martin, I saw him play the other night, but I do think that we’ve got enough young ‘uns in the team.

“We’ve got some of ours, like Bish, who is still very young, Dozzer is still very young and the Championship is a brutal league, to be honest with you.

“A bit of Championship experience would be my preference. So we never really got to that stage and there were a lot of clubs that were looking at him.”

McCarthy, who revealed he isn't targeting goalkeepers, central defenders or central midfield players, refused to comment on links with Newcastle striker Adam Armstrong: “If I sign anybody you’ll get notified.”

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:49 pm

if people look at what he's said today he is clearly looking for experienced players...."got enough young un's in the squad. Need .......for a brutal league" etc etc

So the target (s) are PL and experienced. Winger and striker?.....Kightly could be one......Best the other?

herforder

Post by herforder » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:16 pm

"If I sign anybody, you'll get notified". Waiting in anticipation for Mick's e-mail. Then it's 'Surprise Surprise!' :)

trek5500

Post by trek5500 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:00 pm

Michael keightly has signed on a season long loan from Burnley

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:10 pm

someone said the sky sports site that reported this is a fake site.

oh sod we will have to wait I guess. Wonder if it cud be announced Friday though?

herforder

Post by herforder » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:29 pm

Daryl Murphy to Newcastle - rumour growing increasingly in strength?

If so, despite age, we would be seeking a significant fee; and a direct replacement. Possible deal involving Armstrong?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:38 pm

May be completely wrong, but I think Daryl's best season at Town is in the past. He is still useful for the other things he does, but if he departs, can't say it'd be a massive loss. And if Leon Best arrives, might be better all round. What's happening with the Leon Best deal, on or off?