THE EUROS

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

marko69
Global Moderator

THE EUROS

Post by marko69 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:37 pm

3 or 4 weeks of Glenn Hoddle? Deary me.

arana peligrosa

Re: THE EUROS

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:59 pm

Got little interest in it Mark. As stated before, the European Championships are just about immaterial from an American perspective and if were to favor a team to win it outright, would pick the Republic of Ireland, but the chances are between slim and non-existent.

France had a winning start by all accounts but left it late to see off Romania. Got no real tangible interest in this (years) competition and only looking ahead to start of domestics in August. Whoever wins in Europe, whatever they do : will be of little benefit to some others.

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:40 am

IT MAKES YOU PROUD TO BE ENGLISH

I jest of course. The sight of drunk England fans running amok through Marseilles fills me with nothing but disgust. Troublemakers should be rounded up and thrown out of France, preferably to somewhere other than Great Britain.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:01 pm

After recent Hampden "media" scandal, my view on this has changed 100%.

"England fans"? That debatable for a start.

And it's a selected few "England fans" ruining it for the English masses. Hate the papers and how they word things.

What confuses me about these twats at internationals....... Do they go home and fight each other at league games?

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:26 pm

marko69 wrote:After recent Hampden "media" scandal, my view on this has changed 100%.

"England fans"? That debatable for a start.

And it's a selected few "England fans" ruining it for the English masses. Hate the papers and how they word things.

What confuses me about these twats at internationals....... Do they go home and fight each other at league games?
I accept it's a minority, Marko, but they certainly seem taint wherever there is big tounament. I just feel sorry for
The genuine fans who inevitably get tarred to some extent with the same brush.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:38 pm

Yip, spot on, Barmy. Tarring with the brush is exactly what the media do.

I wonder why they only do this type of thing in sports? Why are we not all lead to believe that everyone on Syria is an arsehole?

Started this to talk about the stuff on the field of play......., let's all talk about that......, that's if anyone is watching! :lol: (Last night I switched to recorded AFL game....... Missed the goals! :lol: )

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:56 pm

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36488503

This article pisses me off if true. I suppose the author has a point, but for me you have to play Vardy FFS! Just compare Vardy's domestic form with Rooney's. Yeah, yeah I know...fkn Rooney has to start doesn't he???

I really can not stand the process of benching your best players just to suit some stupid tactical premonition. Put your best players on FFS!

Of course, if we thump Russia without Vardy I'll gladly withdraw my statement... :D

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:58 pm

One more thing...how long before Wilshere limps off??? Perhaps he can have an extra glass of 'Drinkwater' at half time? :D

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:44 pm

And I think I'm a pessimist.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:52 pm

How long before Bale dives and wins a freekick or penalty? If only Betfair had odds on this...... Suppose it wouldn't be worth it; it'd be 1/20 for sure.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:56 pm

number 9 wrote:http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36488503

This article pisses me off if true. I suppose the author has a point, but for me you have to play Vardy FFS! Just compare Vardy's domestic form with Rooney's. Yeah, yeah I know...fkn Rooney has to start doesn't he???

I really can not stand the process of benching your best players just to suit some stupid tactical premonition. Put your best players on FFS!

Of course, if we thump Russia without Vardy I'll gladly withdraw my statement... :D
Would be good to see if Vardy is as good for England as he was for Leicester.

Lineker certainly was.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:17 pm

I would prefer to focus on the football itself but I have to say i agree 100% with billy regarding the so called English fans, potentially dragging our name through the gutter yet again, of course it is a minority but it is a English minority once more, my opinion is they are scum, nothing else. How disgusting is it to think the focus of the local police has to centre around these arseholes when they should be keeping vigilent on the streets for a far greater threat to human safety, that sums up just what thick fuckwits they are.

We then get told oh it is the locals, it is the russian fans, it is the police, it is the press but of course it is never the English fans is it. I heard this morning that there 70, 000 English fans there and the mojority don't actually have a ticket, enough said for me.

Anyway moving on, if it is true that vardy is not going to start tonight it is just yet another case of names rather than form players being picked, for me Hodgson is a tit, I agree with Number9 completely, even if we do win tonight and lets be honest we should do, I still think it is a stupid mistake.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:00 pm

That Welsh anthem was a tad emotional eh? Hope they win big in this. Come on, Wales.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:01 pm

Although, Bale........ That "man bun" on yer heid is f**king horrendous.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:07 pm

Text from buddy regarding England fans behaviour in Marseille .....

"Jim Traynor is blaming the Hibs fans for it, mate!" :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:11 pm

marko69 wrote:Although, Bale........ That "man bun" on yer heid is f**king horrendous.
Get the man buns on the Scotland squad....... GREAT goal.

trimleyblue
Global Moderator

Post by trimleyblue » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:17 pm

marko69 wrote:
marko69 wrote:Although, Bale........ That "man bun" on yer heid is f**king horrendous.
Get the man buns on the Scotland squad....... GREAT goal.
p*ss poor goalkeeping though.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:48 pm

Definitely with you and Savage on that one. Why he moved so far to his left is strange.

Bales bun has fell out. Looks like a Barbie doll now.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:59 pm

Hoping Shed & family/mates are safe in the stadium and not stuck outside being massacred by Russian Ultra nutjobs. These guys make British "hooliganism" look like OAP coffee mornings.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:52 pm

1-1. Typical!

herforder

Post by herforder » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:04 pm

Sterling = not good enough. Promises much, delivers little.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:06 pm

Another disappointing England result but some decent individual performances and most of the starting line up will probably keep their places although I'm not so sure about Sterling who's final ball is almost always rubbish and often doesn't even happen cos he more often simply looses possession.

Unfortunately yet again hooliganism seems to be dominating the headlines far more than the football but it seems this was expected. I play golf here in Spain regularly with Jordon Hendersons uncle who had match tickets and hotel accommodation booked but cancelled mid week as serious violence was expected in Marseille before and after the game. It appears much of this violence was pre planned although I expect many decent genuine fans will have been caught up in it.

I understand UEFA are meeting tomorrow to discuss England & Russia's future in the competition and I'm sure there will be some wanting both teams kicked out without playing another game.

I Bet the Welsh delegate will vote for that.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:52 pm

It's a shame the violence seems to be overshadowing the football. Of the four countries in the group, your lot look by far the best. The Welsh were very good, but England looked much better against better opposition. Walker in the second half was quieter but he was absolutely brilliant first half. Very strong lad. But it wasn't a surprise to me that Russia, wearing Jambofker colours, scored a freak goal at the death........., it's what teams who play in that colour do.

Hoping the violence, (which certainly looked more than just "handbags") blows over and the football can take centre stage. England v Wales promises to be a good one.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:04 am

marko69 wrote:Hoping Shed & family/mates are safe in the stadium and not stuck outside being massacred by Russian Ultra nutjobs. These guys make British "hooliganism" look like OAP coffee mornings.
marko
We are fine thanks. Drove straight to the stadium from the campsite where we are staying and kept well away from the old port area where things kicked off yet again.
The trouble at the end of the game was at the other end of the stadium to us so we were OK. Yet again the minority of idiots have let our country down although I would also state that some of the Russians and local youths were up for causing trouble as well.
The other concern inside the stadium also has to regard security as how the hell the Russians got in with flares and fireworks when there was supposed to be such tight controls is unbelievable. Also, the segregation at the end where the trouble occurred after the final whistle was none existent.

herforder

Post by herforder » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:54 am

Two days into the competition, and the headlines focus on a UEFA enquiry into crowd violence. Depressing, but almost inevitable. Thankfully Shed and co are safe and sound.

The common consensus from last night was that some Ruskie Ultra supporters were hell bent on violence, and that the security measures in place to prevent it, were flimsy and totally inadequate. Together with how flares and fireworks (could be far more deadly) got into the stadium, should surely be UEFA's top priority. I doubt though whether action will result in either team being ejected from the comp.

As for individuals caught and charged with being twats, they should be removed from the country, and banned for life from travelling to future international fixtures. Report to the nearest police station and hand your passport over for the duration of the competitions.

The match had lots of positives - with some good individual performances, some less so - and to concede deep into injury time was a mighty kick in the sphericals. A feeling Town supporters have come to know well! Move on to the Welsh on Thursday - looking forward to it, with lots at stake!

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:01 am

Nothing gets to me more than a injury time equaliser. Always stings.

Should have put that game to bed..... pretty decent performance, but we can't close out games.

Never understand this shutting up shop business. We dominate the game.... then sit back in numbers. It's like saying ' we've been the best team for 80 minutes so we'll give you a chance... here's the ball so how about testing our dodgy defence'.

Would have liked Vardy to come on... that pace of his could have stretched their defence and getting a second goal would be the best form of defence.

As for the violence.... what more's to say.... just depressing.

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:05 am

tangfastic wrote:Nothing gets to me more than a injury time equaliser. Always stings.

Should have put that game to bed..... pretty decent performance, but we can't close out games.

Never understand this shutting up shop business. We dominate the game.... then sit back in numbers. It's like saying ' we've been the best team for 80 minutes so we'll give you a chance... here's the ball so how about testing our dodgy defence'.

Would have liked Vardy to come on... that pace of his could have stretched their defence and getting a second goal would be the best form of defence.

As for the violence.... what more's to say.... just depressing.
Sums up my thoughts very well.

Should have hooked Kane and given those octogenarian centre halves something else to think about.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:39 am

Shed on tour wrote:
marko69 wrote:Hoping Shed & family/mates are safe in the stadium and not stuck outside being massacred by Russian Ultra nutjobs. These guys make British "hooliganism" look like OAP coffee mornings.
marko
We are fine thanks. Drove straight to the stadium from the campsite where we are staying and kept well away from the old port area where things kicked off yet again.
The trouble at the end of the game was at the other end of the stadium to us so we were OK. Yet again the minority of idiots have let our country down although I would also state that some of the Russians and local youths were up for causing trouble as well.
The other concern inside the stadium also has to regard security as how the hell the Russians got in with flares and fireworks when there was supposed to be such tight controls is unbelievable. Also, the segregation at the end where the trouble occurred after the final whistle was none existent.
Good to know you were out of harms way, Shed.

Not quite believing everything I'm reading, ie, a Russian firm leader saying "We're just getting started"....., sounds like paper talk........, but I am believing what I'm seeing; and seeing these guys putting mouth guards in before heading over to the English?? Well that's organised hooliganism for you. It's actually making me rather angry at Scotland's SFA after their pathetic comments about 21/5/2016 at Hampden. Fking idiots.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:57 pm

Whilst England have their minority of idiots it's true
( considering the thousands of England fans there), it is clear that there is highly organised and pre planned attacks by extreme right groups from both Russia and France, who are ellegedly working together and targeting England, in the full knowledge that England fans will shoulder the blame.

If you're an England fan out their and have had a few beers it seems you're fair game.

BTW was it a French or Russian fan that pushed an England fan under train yesterday? I also understand Russian fans climbed over the dividing canopy in the ground to attack England fans .

Yes, it's all England fans fault isn't it !

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:14 pm

The English fans trying to flee the Russian Mob included women and children. That's disgusting...I feel sorry for the British spectators. Can you imagine being at a match with the wife and kids and being attacked by idiots! I just hope the headlines change to reveal it isn't the English fans, it's the French and Russians causing the trouble!