THE EUROS

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: THE EUROS

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:55 pm

Thank god that craps over.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:02 pm

bluemike wrote:Thank god that craps over.
LOL! It was like watching paint dry! The only entertainment was watching Ronaldo cry!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:27 pm

He indeed cried......., he had the last laugh though. And he can take credit for the whole thing with his performance v Hungary. He's "got it" when it's required.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:23 pm

Okay, one final post on the Euros...or should I say the England debacle???

Now the FA searches for a new manager after the dismal failings of Roy. So, who have they interviewed so far...Klinsman and Allardyce! Are you fkn kidding me?! I think Mr Glenn has had one too many McVitie’s...and his associates. Sorry, I just don't think Jurgen/Sam are the solutions.

As some have said, it doesn't matter who coaches England it's the players who will fail. I'd tend to disagree with that. I think the right person could take England further in tournaments. It has to be a coach who isn't afraid to bench the marquee players for in-form players.

Yeah I know, it sounds like a broken record. But please Mr Glenn, find the right biscuit (I mean man) to revive that smoldering flame in the heart of English football.

herforder

Post by herforder » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:57 pm

Steve Bruce also on the FA's radar - he's apparently keen and revving up to convince them he's got what it takes. Best of luck: good job the FA don't have responsibility for selecting the next Pope, whoever she may be!

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:15 pm

number 9 wrote:Okay, one final post on the Euros...or should I say the England debacle???

Now the FA searches for a new manager after the dismal failings of Roy. So, who have they interviewed so far...Klinsman and Allardyce! Are you fkn kidding me?! I think Mr Glenn has had one too many McVitie’s...and his associates. Sorry, I just don't think Jurgen/Sam are the solutions.

As some have said, it doesn't matter who coaches England it's the players who will fail. I'd tend to disagree with that. I think the right person could take England further in tournaments. It has to be a coach who isn't afraid to bench the marquee players for in-form players.

Yeah I know, it sounds like a broken record. But please Mr Glenn, find the right biscuit (I mean man) to revive that smoldering flame in the heart of English football.
Unfortunately Mr Glenn has already admitted that his knowledge of football is very limited. No doubt he will fit in well at the FA.
Mind you I did receive a very nice e-mail from him thanking me for following England at Euro 2016. :lol:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:29 pm

Actually it would be big Sam for me, we need passion and drive, he has that in abundance, and more importantly he is a dab hand at working with second rate crap players.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:45 pm

It's imperative your national team finds a manger who is himself English. Allardyce seems questionable (you can do better that than that) and maybe someone with real national pride such as Shearer or Stuart Pearce could come in and do a job.

People invariably say after a poor tournament that it's the players fault or the manager, they often overlook the main authorities who made the appointments in the first place. Don't believe a root and branch solution is required, only that you need someone in who has the belief and passion to succeed, make the players realize they have potential and put it to good effect.

herforder

Post by herforder » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:05 am

Looks increasingly like Sam A, assisted by Garry Neville. Once again, time will tell. But Big Sam's fairly 'rough and ready', up and at 'em, image is a long way from reality. He's a closet intellectual, who thinks deeply about the game and was at the forefront of introducing sports science to teams with whom he has worked. Not suggesting this necessarily makes him the best bunny for the job - but, in all honesty, who is? Sam has always wanted a crack at it, and must have clear ideas of what's needed to form a successful National team from a bunch of highly paid, ego driven, individuals. A wee challenge, indeed!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:36 pm

At last, the right choice if Sam gets it. We have had enough of these so called good managers who play the game the correct way, it gets you embarrassed and knocked out of every bloody tournament before it has hardly started.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:20 pm

I hope St George's Park has a stock load of meat pies!

vaalae

Post by vaalae » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:12 am

rossi wrote:Unfortunately the England team consists of a bunch of overpaid namby-pambies of below-average ability, who are nowhere as good as they think they are. Sure, they do wonderful things week-in week-out for their clubs, but that is only because they are surrounded by foreign colleagues who do the bulk of the hard work and invention. Take them out of that environment and put them together, and the result is the really poor team that we have had for many years now. The choice of manager will not make one iota of difference to the team or how it performs (or rather under-performs). There is a solution of course, but I doubt the FA or the Premier League would ever have the balls for it.
This ^^^ 100% agree. The lack of movement when we have the ball is astounding, the panic on the ball when under pressure, the lack of any ability to think through a problem. This stuff a manager can't change.

Loss against Iceland was for the best, it's been issues with players being sent off, and howlers and sob stories. Not a good old fashioned bollocking by a tiny nation. No hiding from that, no excuses, just a big, dirty, brutal, reality check.

Shame on those in the media who moaned about the extended number of teams, Iceland and Wales made this tournament.

As to the new manager, definitely thought not Wenger. He'd be wasted with England, if he can't develop a Plan B with Arsenal and their class he'd be hopeless with England. He couldn't play his Plan A, poor guy would end up taking his own life and having a heart attack in frustration.

Big Sam, hey why not, can't be any worse than what's gone before.