THE EUROS

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

loudnproud
Forum Hall of Famer

Re: THE EUROS

Post by loudnproud » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:18 am

So EUAFA has imposed an expulsion threat on the Russians should further trouble happen INSIDE the stadium, commendable and within their remit. Many leading authorities appearing to ask the question about what to do should it flare up outside the stadium.
This has to be down to the French government to come out and clearly state that any trouble outside of the sporting arena and you are deported, Kicked out. Sent home. No if's or buts. Just gone.

European football has inherited our defunct hooligan nature and its not limited to the Russians. Sad but true. The english game has "grown up" to a larger extent. This was part of our thinking when all those years ago under a pre season tour with Magilton as our manager, We "be friend-ed" similar like minds of those FC fortuna fans.

The "Russian ultras", are not football fans......Like English football 20 years ago, It was a venue where two sets of opposition met on a weekly basis,some bent on just wanting to "have a go". I confess that i was part of that culture both with my home club and the national side. Im no longer proud of it, In fact some of my close friends,now matured, who i have fought and been battered by, are passionate about the game and the side they support, and now condemn the thuggery.

English fans know how to produce the "banter". The policing at english games usually involve the banter aimed at the police who know and interact with it. The French policy is different.....They will shoot rubber bullets, which bloody well hurt by the way, and shoot tear gas to disperse a crowd. Our supporters need to understand this.

Im 99% certain that the Russian ultras will have another go......Outside of the arena. What is so sad about the whole bloody saga is that these ultras will attack english fans who are otherwise good natured people who are simply out to enjoy the footballing occasion with their kids and friends.

Quasar

Post by Quasar » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:33 am

There is now talk of the Turkish Ultras coming over, to show the Russians who is boss,... getting all very silly now !

I was going to nip over for the England Wales game, but i think i shall watch from the safety of my armchair.

herforder

Post by herforder » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:07 pm

Ruskies 2-0 down to Slovakia at half time. Stay calm, don't let the red mist come down!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:14 pm

Slovaks doing what we were incapable of doing....sticking the ball in the net and defending!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:15 pm

herforder wrote:
hallamblue wrote:It seems the Welsh and English fans are uniting and singing together regarding Russians "go home"!
Translated as Fuckoffski! :wink:

Ha ha yer I reckon so ;()

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:59 pm

Awww, what a shame...the Russians lost. 8)

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:39 pm

hallamblue wrote:Slovaks doing what we were incapable of doing....sticking the ball in the net and defending!
Don't let poor Dier hear you say this, Hallamski!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:57 pm

lol....too late !

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:30 pm

Nightmare for Albania......, so close to a commendable draw.

I know the ruling was for inside the stadium only, but the Russians must be getting "bombed" out now (no pun intended)for this violence in Lille. Couldn't believe what I was seeing. Bloody warzone.

If they don't, I wonder if that Russian with three testicles will be get his game against Wales, ......., whojanikabolokov.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:11 am

Can't speak for all Scottish people today regarding today's big game, but you could probably guess who many will be wanting to win.

Not with me and a few others that I know though. At the time, a very bitter pill was left in the mouth after BOTH Scotland v Wales qualifiers and both due to Gareth Bale. There is no doubt at all that the guy has class, he ain't the richest star in the world for no reason......, but he really is a cheating diving bstd. The game in Wales where we were all over them, I'll never forget. We scored the perfectly legal goal to go 2-0 up (chopped off) and then minutes later, Bale spectacularly dives for the penalty. From a footballing aspect, I just cannot stand the guy. As a result, I'm hoping England can do the business today. It'll be difficult, but I genuinely do think they are bordering on a one man (cheating git) band, and England have MUCH more quality.

So out and at them, guys......., do it for Roy, who I think is your best manager since SBR.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:11 am

thnx for that marko. I'm starting to dislike Mr Bale too. I understand the mind games from them for today's game. Wouldn't surprise me if it's a draw tbh.

in many ways it might be better for England if we DIDN'T win the group but came second. We'd probably get an easier pathway?!

herforder

Post by herforder » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:45 pm

No change in Roy's line up. Looking to Sterling and Kane to justify their inclusion.

15 minutes or so, and all the hype and talking will be over. Come on you Lions, slay that Welsh Dragon, and force Mr Bale to eat his words!

Ps. Virgin network here crashed for the first 20 mins! Listening on steam radio!! :evil:

herforder

Post by herforder » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:52 pm

Half-time Bale 1 - England 0. Good strike, but Hart should have saved it, no question.

Possession without no end product - Sterling off, please.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:04 pm

Yip, Sterling off, Vardy on, goal...... 2-1 England. Well done.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:14 pm

Bloody Ýeeeeesssssss
Stick that in yer pipe and smoke it Bale

herforder

Post by herforder » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:38 pm

Well done Roy, both get out of gaol cards did the biz!! Another late, late winner in the comp. Sit back and enjoy the moment (no, not you Gareth). :D

Quasar

Post by Quasar » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:34 pm

Our Gareth just scored for NIR

herforder

Post by herforder » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:36 pm

Quasar wrote:Our Gareth just scored for NIR
Great cross and header. Hold on lads!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:55 pm

Good old fashioned football....... None of this taking it to the corner flag for 2 minutes....., absolutely superb, Northern Ireland & Super Mikey O'Neill.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:11 pm

People often ask me why do you waste your money following England everywhere?. I do wonder myself sometimes and then occasionally you get a moment like when the winner went in today and then I know why. :D

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:21 pm

looking good for the UK teams init guys...

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:35 pm

Shed on tour wrote:People often ask me why do you waste your money following England everywhere?. I do wonder myself sometimes and then occasionally you get a moment like when the winner went in today and then I know why. :D
Must be like following Hibs, Shed. Years of fk all then something happens that's etched into your memory til your dying day.

Unbelievable officiating seeing the ball went forward from a Welsh head for Vardys goal. The officials take some Shyte at times, (especially from me) but always good to applaud something worth applauding.

loudnproud
Forum Hall of Famer

Post by loudnproud » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:22 am

Shed on tour wrote:People often ask me why do you waste your money following England everywhere?. I do wonder myself sometimes and then occasionally you get a moment like when the winner went in today and then I know why. :D
Are you off cloud 9 yet shed??? Im proud of our young guns and the way they are pushing forward, Great stuff

charlton837

Post by charlton837 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:10 am

Serious question Shed, over the course of a campaign does it cost a serious amount of money following England? With flights being cheaper these days I guess it helps. I would love to do it one day, I'm only 27 and have had my itfc season ticket for 16 years now, I've got tickets for last 16 game in paris next sat, hoping England win the group so it will ne them. Can you guarantee tickets for away qualifiers when an England fan plus member?

Just intrigued as like I say I want to do it some time

herforder

Post by herforder » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:54 pm

Another late - good - goal to give the Italians a hard-fought 1-0 win over the Sweeedes. Qualifying with a game to spare. Peronis all round!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:28 pm

herforder wrote:Another late - good - goal to give the Italians a hard-fought 1-0 win over the Sweeedes. Qualifying with a game to spare. Peronis all round!
Didn't see the game but reports suggest it was a great big bore-fest.

herforder

Post by herforder » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:26 pm

bluemike wrote:
herforder wrote:Another late - good - goal to give the Italians a hard-fought 1-0 win over the Sweeedes. Qualifying with a game to spare. Peronis all round!
Didn't see the game but reports suggest it was a great big bore-fest.
It was!

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:23 pm

Loving the work of the Croatia (so called) supporters.

The Millwall of the international scene. Fighting amongst themselves and throwing flares on the pitch disrupting the match when they were winning!

Head Coach has called them terrorists - bell ends more like!!

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:00 am

charlton837 wrote:Serious question Shed, over the course of a campaign does it cost a serious amount of money following England? With flights being cheaper these days I guess it helps. I would love to do it one day, I'm only 27 and have had my itfc season ticket for 16 years now, I've got tickets for last 16 game in paris next sat, hoping England win the group so it will ne them. Can you guarantee tickets for away qualifiers when an England fan plus member?

Just intrigued as like I say I want to do it some time
It really does depend on where we are playing during the campaign.
Flights to European destinations can be picked up cheaply especially when booked early and if need be you are prepared to fly indirect to your destination. Obviously trips to places like Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan work out far more expensive.
The official travel club work on a loyalty system where caps/points are awarded for each game you attend. This is then used for the allocation of tickets when an away game is over subscribed. If you pm me I will give you further details and advice when I get back from France in a couple of weeks.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:05 am

loudnproud wrote:
Are you off cloud 9 yet shed??? Im proud of our young guns and the way they are pushing forward, Great stuff
L&P
Still on a high but as you know whether it be Town or England am always prepared to come down to earth with an almighty bump at anytime!!!! :lol: :lol: