THE EUROS

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: THE EUROS

Post by marko69 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:46 pm

Interviewer: Martin, the players must be very down and despondent at the moment in that changing room?
Martin O'Neill: They are. Very down, very flat, but Roy's in there kicking the f**king Shyte out them right now as we speak, so hopefully they'll have learned a few lessons before the Italy game.
Interviewer: And was it a penalty, Martin?
Martin: Well, Belgium were the better side, let's not dispute that, but Roy will be speaking to the Referee quite soon. And the goal line guy as well I think.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:05 pm

What's with the tannoy guy getting the crowd to countdown to kick off in the Iceland game? Fk off with that Shyte please.

Pishkin starts. Let's see some quality finishing.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:04 pm

Not being overly critical, but I've ruined the half game for myself due to being on Pishkin watch. He offers nothing. Constantly marked and never seems to make any runs to make room for himself so the others can see him as a target. Must've been very frustrating to watch the dud who RK thought was great, at PR.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:25 pm

And he's off. Centre forward off after 65 minutes while being 1-0 down......, that explains a lot. Absolute Shyte.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:29 pm

Pishpants replacement been on 8 minutes and has had 2 shots on target?

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:29 pm

marko69 wrote:Not being overly critical, but I've ruined the half game for myself due to being on Pishkin watch. He offers nothing. Constantly marked and never seems to make any runs to make room for himself so the others can see him as a target. Must've been very frustrating to watch the dud who RK thought was great, at PR.
Another waste of money... we got rid of Rhodes so we could bring him in (" we can't have two young strikers with him and Wickham on the books- it's against the rules" ) from the ITFC loyal fanbase .... while we had crap senior strikers at the time.... it still rankles.

Any excuse to have another Jordan Rhodes discussion is good (Im bored) it's never gone away and it won't until we get a decent young striker brought through. Also, we've got a few other players who have left and done well..... no good looking back, but lessons learned. Hate to see Tabby leave and then be turned into a Premiership midfield kingpin.

The forums Slightly on holiday and Markos doing his best .... great updates from Shed and hope everyone's enjoying the football in France. Keep it up.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:41 pm

tangfastic wrote:
marko69 wrote:Not being overly critical, but I've ruined the half game for myself due to being on Pishkin watch. He offers nothing. Constantly marked and never seems to make any runs to make room for himself so the others can see him as a target. Must've been very frustrating to watch the dud who RK thought was great, at PR.
Another waste of money... we got rid of Rhodes so we could bring him in (" we can't have two young strikers with him and Wickham on the books- it's against the rules" ) from the ITFC loyal fanbase .... while we had crap senior strikers at the time.... it still rankles.

Any excuse to have another Jordan Rhodes discussion is good (Im bored) it's never gone away and it won't until we get a decent young striker brought through. Also, we've got a few other players who have left and done well..... no good looking back, but lessons learned. Hate to see Tabby leave and then be turned into a Premiership midfield kingpin.

The forums Slightly on holiday and Markos doing his best .... great updates from Shed and hope everyone's enjoying the football in France. Keep it up.
You better believe it still rankles. And I'm glad it still rankles you, Tang.

I'm all for "what's done is done" & "move on" etc etc......., but like my grandad dying 30 years ago when he could easily have been saved, it still rankles. Obviously that's taking it to another level, human life etc, .....,, but to lose out on "potentially" 50 or 60 ITFC goals because of a muppet who thinks he can manage a football team,....., it'll never go away really.

herforder

Post by herforder » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:46 pm

Good, honest pro that Tabby is, don't think his departure is honestly going to provoke 'a with hindsight' moment sometime down the line! Wish him well though.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:54 pm

herforder wrote:Good, honest pro that Tabby is, don't think his departure is honestly going to provoke 'a with hindsight' moment sometime down the line! Wish him well though.
It wasn't meant to be serious with Tabby.... and I do wish him well ... he did well the other season, but should have been shown the door last season.

herforder

Post by herforder » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:06 pm

tangfastic wrote:
herforder wrote:Good, honest pro that Tabby is, don't think his departure is honestly going to provoke 'a with hindsight' moment sometime down the line! Wish him well though.
It wasn't meant to be serious with Tabby.... and I do wish him well ... he did well the other season, but should have been shown the door last season.
Guessed it was tongue in cheek! Tabby's got a couple of other career options: pro golfer, or concert pianist. He's apparently good at both!

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:17 pm

herforder wrote:
tangfastic wrote:
Guessed it was tongue in cheek! Tabby's got a couple of other career options: pro golfer, or concert pianist. He's apparently good at both!
Not being funny, but would his feet reach the pedals on a piano?

herforder

Post by herforder » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:49 pm

:D That IS funny BB! I think he plays an automatic!

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:10 pm

It'll be interesting to see if JR does better than CW in the Prem. Keane is/was clueless...

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:08 am

They must be near the end of group stage and proceeding to elimination contest by now. Basic reports would indicate no nation has stood out above all others and anyone from say six to eight countries are capable of taking Spain's championship.

Had view of the Belgian squad just recently and was impressed after their initial poor start and play like they did, they could be labeled as one of the favorites for the title. All said and done unable to see beyond Germany as champions although France with home advantage should get it together in the latter stages. In a calendar year when Leicester City won the EPL in what must have been astronomical odds before start of play, it would be pleasing to see one of the smaller nations of the tournament such as Hungary or Iceland take the ultimate prize, but must realize it's within the realms of fantasy.

Denmark and Greece (Czech Republic also) have showed anything is possible in rounds of games of this nature (in years past) but due to the believe extended format, (of this years competition) only the strongest will survive this years tournament.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:06 am

To me Germany have looked head and tail above anyone else as they ususally do at the big tournaments.

herforder

Post by herforder » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:01 am

Agree, Germany to win; with Spain, Italy and France making up the other semi-finalists. If England does make the semis, then we will have probably exceeded realistic expectations! (Apparently it's a pre-condition of the FA extending Roy H's contract. Incentive driven, or what!)

A win tonight, to top the group, sets up a next round match against one of the teams who finish third in their group. Team changes afoot, though.

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:11 am

bluemike wrote:To me Germany have looked head and tail above anyone else as they ususally do at the big tournaments.
Really pisses me off.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:28 pm

Imagine how even better they'd be if better than usual balls were being put over to Gotze.

I'm backing Italy. They have a knack of stepping things up when it matters.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:55 pm

Get Wiltshire OFF ffs. He's utter crap. Can't keep the ball.
Too many changes tonight. I think that will cost us. We have to score and press and I can see us getting caught on the break.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:20 pm

hallamblue wrote:I can see us getting caught on the break.
Yip.

herforder

Post by herforder » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:38 pm

Tick regarding WIlshere. Lots of posession, but lack of quality in final third, some poor decision making, not helping the cause.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:03 pm

What you actually saw tonight was Hibs v Dumbarton. We have had an entire season of what you've watched tonight. How frustrated do all you England fans feel tonight? Good that the breakaway Slovakia goal didn't happen though.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:42 pm

someone in TWTD made a good point. Teams can't now just sit back and defend.They will have to come out which gives our pacey players (with Rooney not that pillock Wilshire) dropping the ball forward for our strikers to run onto

Different ball game now I think.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:59 am

I think last night just confirms what I already knew, England are an ok team but a team that lacks real world class quality when we meet the real big boys. Let's face it our group was p*ss weak and we stumbled through it despite having the upper hand in all 3 games, last night's opposition was a joke in truth. It looks like we have a very fortunate draw in the next round too but after that it will be curtains . I thought Nathaniel Clyne was exceptional last night.

herforder

Post by herforder » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:45 am

Good luck to NI later today. No stars or egos, just great team spirit and belief, and making the best from hard work, good organisation and an excellent manager. All Home nations into the next round would be a significant - and probably unexpected - achievement!

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:58 am

Guess I am the only person who was pleased that we finished 2nd in the group as it means We only have a 250 km drive to Nice rather than a 8 hour trek back to Paris.
Should we manage to get through the last 16 match then it is up to St Dennis for the quarters which is ok for us as we will be heading back to Calais for home after the quarters.
As for last night what Hodgson was doing making so many changes God only knows. Before we left for France I said the best we could hope for was to reach the quarter-finals and it looks like this will be the case.
Just one other thing, the support for the team last night was superb especially in the 2nd half.

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:19 am

There was a particularly effective bus parked in front of goal last night. You would have reasonably expected one of the efforts to go in, but there was always a white shirt or the keeper in the way.

I suspect it will become slightly easier to score going forward as matches have to be won.

Lets rejoice in the fact that we have actually got out of a group at a major tournament and see where it takes us. Its possibly an age thing, but I have come to expect nothing so can watch England now without too much trauma (a semi would change that) and just go with the flow.

Here's hoping that the stress levels get ramped up for a change!

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:55 pm

Shed on tour wrote:Guess I am the only person who was pleased that we finished 2nd in the group as it means We only have a 250 km drive to Nice rather than a 8 hour trek back to Paris.
Should we manage to get through the last 16 match then it is up to St Dennis for the quarters which is ok for us as we will be heading back to Calais for home after the quarters.
As for last night what Hodgson was doing making so many changes God only knows. Before we left for France I said the best we could hope for was to reach the quarter-finals and it looks like this will be the case.
Just one other thing, the support for the team last night was superb especially in the 2nd half.
Wales won the group ? In my defense, I'm hardly following events minute by the minute.

I can recall European Championships going back almost to their beginning in the 1960's but unable to recognize a "last sixteen" format. (Each time it's been last eight or straight to semi-final stage)

There is one reason why the English can't progress as they should. f**king around with a team that offers a sense of stability is always ill-advised and whatever caliber your players possess, are made ultimately redundant by a manager who isn't settled on a potentially winning team. Granted the opposition teams in the group were of low level (once again) and it's not that you'll be outplayed by a more recognized nation when the need arises, it's only some feel your heart's not in it.

Pity really as the chance is there to really honor the 50 year anniversary, but there's too many deficiencies in too many areas. Obviously the Irish aren't going to take this years competition, so got to favor someone to succeed so that only leaves the Spanish. (Germany will be favorites but the former will want to keep hold of the tournament trophy they were victorious in four years back now)

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:11 pm

Off to Lyon tomorrow for the Portugal v Hungary game.
Must try and get Priskin's autograph for marko! :lol: :lol:

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:38 pm

Shed on tour wrote:Off to Lyon tomorrow for the Portugal v Hungary game.
Must try and get Priskin's autograph for marko! :lol: :lol:
Should be able to grab that whilst he idles around on the pitch during play then 8)