Ipswich Town v Preston North End preview and matchday thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Maximum points return?

Ipswich Town win
100%
Draw
No votes
Preston North End win
No votes

Total votes: 11

Quasar

Re: Ipswich Town v Preston North End preview and matchday thread

Post by Quasar » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:54 pm

Was there today and enjoyed the first half. A nice half volley..

Second half was a bit disappointing and quite a bit of hoofing .

Thought grant was a little greedy not to pass to vard for what would have been an obvious goal.

Could hear mick screaming at the fourth official over the subs number board. Wonder what that was really all about

Hey least we bagged three points

lucy

Post by lucy » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:59 pm

Quasar wrote:Was there today and enjoyed the first half. A nice half volley..

Second half was a bit disappointing and quite a bit of hoofing .

Thought grant was a little greedy not to pass to vard for what would have been an obvious goal.

Could hear mick screaming at the fourth official over the subs number board. Wonder what that was really all about

Hey least we bagged three points
The subs number board was just bizarre but funny to watch. Sears must of been wondering if he'd done something wrong when he saw his number come up.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:04 pm

Disappointed to learn that Daryl Murphy has gone so quickly and just wish that David McGoldricks potential move to Leicester a while back had been dealt with equally as expediently.

Four days to find a replacement is a tad tight, hope we don't make any rushed mistakes.

I've seen £3.5m mentioned for Murphy and if this is the case I guess it's good business for a 33yr old nearing the end of his career and I wish him well with his move back to the north east.

lucy

Post by lucy » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:08 pm

MM has said wheels in motion for a replacement but no names have been mentioned

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:15 am

Viewed some coverage from today's game and the crowd appeared somewhat muted, even when the goal went in ? No real vociferous attempt seemed evident and then the crowd was only some 15,000 ? That again represents something of a lousy figure and this so early in the season and building on last weekends derby game.

Appears after a promising start the game deteriorated somewhat and even on a rival page Preston fans (by their own admission) disclosed they 'were very poor.'

Seems we ran out of ideas after the interval and reverted once more to lack of ideas and creativity and had it been a more robust opposition, the outcome could have been so much different. 20 minutes of enterprising soccer and then playing out the remainder in a style that will be familiar to many.

Once again there were perhaps certain positives to take from today but a lot of hard work required in the months ahead if we are to really challenge again. Will be interesting to see what occurs when we face off against some of the promotion favorites and those with higher expectation, but nonetheless a welcome three points to add in these formative weeks of the new campaign.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:37 am

By promotion favourites do you mean the likes of Wolves and Norwich who we both outplayed and were basically robbed of wins ?

bluejacko

Post by bluejacko » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:36 am

Well it seems that it is becoming the case that when we get a result it's because the opposition was 'poor'!
Never mind though 'poor' or not let the points keep coming. :D

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:45 am

bluejacko wrote:Well it seems that it is becoming the case that when we get a result it's because the opposition was 'poor'!
Yes, always the case isn't it. Even though Hibs were playing like Barcelona yesterday, my Nana could've got 11 other gentlemen from her old folks home yesterday, and they would've beat Morton. So so unbelievably poor.

Shock of the day though.........., I can't believe Bluemike read so much of a wind & pish post further up the page! Jaysus H, I'd be on all the crosswords and sudokus in the Sunday supplements before reading any of that drivel!

Not singling anyone out though! HONEST! :D

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:12 am

P. M. S. L. :lol:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:02 am

marko69 wrote:
bluejacko wrote:Well it seems that it is becoming the case that when we get a result it's because the opposition was 'poor'!
Yes, always the case isn't it. Even though Hibs were playing like Barcelona yesterday, my Nana could've got 11 other gentlemen from her old folks home yesterday, and they would've beat Morton. So so unbelievably poor.

Shock of the day though.........., I can't believe Bluemike read so much of a wind & pish post further up the page! Jaysus H, I'd be on all the crosswords and sudokus in the Sunday supplements before reading any of that drivel!

Haha you see, I always start at the end of the post to get to the f**king point of it and skip the first 86 paragraphs.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:05 pm

bluemike wrote:
marko69 wrote:

Haha you see, I always start at the end of the post to get to the f**king point of it and skip the first 86 paragraphs.
To get to the point of the post? You'll be there til the end of the f**king season trying to find that, mate.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:56 pm

bluemike wrote:By promotion favourites do you mean the likes of Wolves and Norwich who we both outplayed and were basically robbed of wins ?
to be honest Mike, if we do get promoted that team you played wont be seen very often again, our pre season is still on going. but as they say about the likes of Norwich and Sandwell ..."a pig with lipstick is still a pig" :wink:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:58 pm

goldandblack wrote:
bluemike wrote:By promotion favourites do you mean the likes of Wolves and Norwich who we both outplayed and were basically robbed of wins ?
to be honest Mike, if we do get promoted that team you played wont be seen very often again, our pre season is still on going. but as they say about the likes of Norwich and Sandwell ..."a pig with lipstick is still a pig" :wink:
I take your point G&B but as Bluejacko said elsewhere whenever we win it is cus the opponents are crap or something, kinda does your head in.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:28 pm

bluemike wrote:
goldandblack wrote:
I take your point G&B but as Bluejacko said elsewhere whenever we win it is cus the opponents are crap or something, kinda does your head in.
Mike, you've been following your club long enough to know some folk will never be happy. if you go up this year your inherit even more of those fans my friend.

i think Mick has started letting the stick get to him like it did at ours, lets hope the fans stay with him as it would be a lot worse without him. as our record showed.