FA Cup

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

AzzurroMark

FA Cup

Post by AzzurroMark » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:53 pm

Oldham at home in the FA Cup. Certainly should be a very winnable tie, then hopefully onto bigger and better. Though not high on the priority list a mini (at least) cup run would be nice!

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2021/octobe ... ound-draw/

AzzurroMark

Re: FA Cup

Post by AzzurroMark » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:07 pm

AFC Sudbury at home to Colchester Utd is an eye catching local derby draw for the former club.

https://www.thefa.com/news/2021/oct/17/ ... w-20211710

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:30 pm

Good while it lasted, let's concentrate on the league and staying up.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:58 pm

I don't know Mike, I know we're the underdogs, but Oldham are 21st in League 2, Town might actually have a chance to progress this year.

RRanger

Post by RRanger » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:39 pm

Winning is a habit and all players gain confidence from regularly playing in a winning team. we're not going to win the FA Cup but getting to say the 5th round (with a few lucky draws) would be a tremendous boost for the club and could go hand in hand with a climb up the division to at least the play offs. I may be a hopeless optimist but I still think we will be a Championship side next season. Our squad should be big and strong enough to have a cup run AND a league run as well.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:50 pm

WOW RANGER! :shock:

I take it the drinks cabinet is now empty? :lol:

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:43 am

I don't know why we enter. Should of just omitted our name from the damn thing and be done with it. Time arises, manager puts out a rats' as* squad and we don't or won't even try.

Supposed to be the showpiece event of English "football" but problem is the team won't make into the new year still involved and still waiting near 30 years for a venture beyond the last sixteen. Been with it long enough to see what's going to be. Cook will deploy a weakened starting XI, white flags in unison and all focus on other objectives. Cup competition is not our forte, all lessoned have been learned and then some.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:58 am

Oh well, another quick exit in this competition then… :lol:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:57 am

Personally I think he's full of sh*te

The only good thing about catching covid is I can't smell the bullshit after every game.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:31 pm

I have massively changed my tune yes, I always give people a chance but I'm more than fed up, disappointed, bored etc etc of this set up already and I can see where its heading...... nowhere.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:31 pm

Just shows you how far we have fallen when if we reach the 3rd round of the FA Cup it is seemed to be some sort of an achievement.
As I’ve said in the past I hold my hands up and was quite happy when we appointed PC. However, like Mike I just can’t see us going anywhere under the current setup. My main concern is as just in the past with previous managers we will continue to let things go along until things are too late.
From reading from some of his comments today I get the feeling the heat is starting to get to PC.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:11 pm

Yep, he's snapping at the media now when asked valid questions, 6 games isn’t much, 8 games isn't much, 12 games isn't much.........

Apparently you can't win promotion in October which is of course correct, BUT you can sure as hell lose out on it if the gap gets big enough.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:26 pm

I’d say that indicates that Cook is feeling the heat , so maybe things are being said and fine behind the scenes , leaving him under no illusions as to what is required . But as disappointing and frustrating as it is for all us including me, sacking him after 11 games into the season with a new squad is perhaps a bit knee jerk. McCarthy had nearly 6 years !

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:27 pm

We'd be top with this squad under MM, almost certain, bored to death mind.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:58 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:31 pm
Just shows you how far we have fallen when if we reach the 3rd round of the FA Cup it is seemed to be some sort of an achievement.
As I’ve said in the past I hold my hands up and was quite happy when we appointed PC. However, like Mike I just can’t see us going anywhere under the current setup. My main concern is as just in the past with previous managers we will continue to let things go along until things are too late.
From reading from some of his comments today I get the feeling the heat is starting to get to PC.

It’s probably nothing more than self inflicted pressure because I’m as sure as can be that he’ll be as disappointed as we are losing games from winning positions. It most certainly won’t be sitting easy and he’ll be as aware as we are of the mistakes made.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:20 pm

It’s now 18 points dropped this season from winning positions . Madness isn’t it but also an indication of just his good this squad could be if it sorted the defence issues out .

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:56 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:50 pm
WOW RANGER! :shock:

I take it the drinks cabinet is now empty? :lol:
Drink Marco??? :roll: I would say he's had a few rounds of Skunk and is drifting into the 60's Song by Johnny Burnette (Dreaming I'm Always Dreaming):lol: :lol: