NON IPSWICH MATCHES

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Blue Wilf

Re: NON IPSWICH MATCHES

Post by Blue Wilf » Thu May 09, 2024 9:49 pm

number 9 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 8:57 pm
You can call it plastic football, but the reality is there won’t be any Premier League teams competing in finals this year. Villa were the last hope and they’re down 5-2 on aggregate with one half to play. I don’t know about plastic, it seems a better description would be paper football. Looks good on paper…but??
Zero interest for me too. It will soon be the Euro super league and that will surely kill any interest from anyone who still harbours any football 'traditions' - they can shove it 👍

number 9

Post by number 9 » Thu May 09, 2024 10:37 pm

Blue Wilf wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 9:49 pm
number 9 wrote:
You can call it plastic football, but the reality is there won’t be any Premier League teams competing in finals this year. Villa were the last hope and they’re down 5-2 on aggregate with one half to play. I don’t know about plastic, it seems a better description would be paper football. Looks good on paper…but??
Zero interest for me too. It will soon be the Euro super league and that will surely kill any interest from anyone who still harbours any football 'traditions' - they can shove it 👍
Yes I’m aware of your stance on the Champions League, but it is possible we’ll be there in the future. How do you feel about that?

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Fri May 10, 2024 6:36 am

number 9 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 10:37 pm
Blue Wilf wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 9:49 pm
number 9 wrote:
Yes I’m aware of your stance on the Champions League, but it is possible we’ll be there in the future. How do you feel about that?
Well if we ever get there (and it is a big IF), then I would try and embrace it. Don't get me wrong, I used to LOVE the European Cup when Liverpool and Forest won it. It was a superb competition. As ever however, UEFA have become greedy and it is now no longer just for 'Champions' despite the name and is therefore full of meaningless games that even the most ardent of fans must get bored of? They have devalued the status of Champions in my opinion and then they have devalued their competitions even further with the Europa League and now the Europa Conference! I care even less about those competitions than I do the CL itself.

If however, we were someday in one of them, I would take an interest I am sure and follow the club in it but do I think it would hold the same value as the 1981 UEFA Cup win? No, not for me. Then when you add in the new FIFA World Club Cup, it adds a whole new dimension of greed.

Great civilisations failed by growing too big and thinking the growth would never end, but it did. Football is no different. It is eating itself and eventually (maybe not now or in 10 years but eventually), interest will wane and it will be the fault of the greed that got it there. When the money collapses, they will only have themselves to blame.

So back to us... I am delighted we made the Prem and am looking forward to seeing how we perform. I will tell you at the end of the season (or before) if I am enjoying it more or less than the last 2 seasons but I know where my money is! I hope I am wrong but lets see. European football would be a nice problem to have - even if I feel that the barriers to entry for European competitions have been lowered. Like everything in life these days, if people cannot make the grade at the top level, the standards are dropped and that for me puts you in a downward spiral. Football is no different.

Sorry for the long ramble - History and philosophy lesson over! Lets try and enjoy the summer and what will be will be 👍

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri May 10, 2024 8:13 am

Amen to every word of that.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri May 10, 2024 8:53 am

Blue Wilf wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 9:48 pm
USATractorBoy wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 5:05 pm
Not sure who else on here follows F95, but an enormous game for them against Kiel this weekend. Come on!
I have no idea even which continent they are on! 😂
Europe.
Germany.
Fortuna Dusseldorf.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri May 10, 2024 12:00 pm

Blue Wilf wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 6:36 am

Sorry for the long ramble - History and philosophy lesson over! Lets try and enjoy the summer and what will be will be 👍
No problem, I respect your opinion. It's a great debate. I do admit, I am not interested in the CL group stages anymore. I usually start watching specific matchups in the knockout stages. I am not too bothered with the Europa league and conference, but I'll watch English teams in the later rounds.

I really enjoyed the PSG v B. Dortmund match. It was a great display of top teams going at each other, and Dortmund's defensive performance was clinical.

One final note...I always cheer for any team playing Real Madrid, so hopefully Dortmund will get the job done in the final.

Andym

Post by Andym » Fri May 10, 2024 5:45 pm

Blue Wilf wrote:

Excellent, I agree completely.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat May 11, 2024 12:44 pm

Andym wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 5:45 pm
Blue Wilf wrote:

Yes, me too.

Ramble away Blue Wilf, ramble away 👍 :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat May 11, 2024 2:10 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 12:44 pm
Andym wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 5:45 pm
Blue Wilf wrote:

Yes, me too.

Ramble away Blue Wilf, ramble away 👍 :lol:
Yes…….., but keep your clothes on. 👍👌

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun May 12, 2024 12:53 pm

Sitting in a bar in the old town albufeira with a group of Leeds fans, first thing I can't believe I'm cheering Leeds and second thing is I can't believe how poor they are, at least it's still level.

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Sun May 12, 2024 1:31 pm

70 minutes and still 0-0 Leeds are poor.

Steve

Post by Steve » Sun May 12, 2024 1:41 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 12:53 pm
Sitting in a bar in the old town albufeira with a group of Leeds fans, first thing I can't believe I'm cheering Leeds and second thing is I can't believe how poor they are, at least it's still level.
Agree Mike, If Leeds pick it up, can see they are better class, but Its like both teams are more concerned about not losing than actually winning

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun May 12, 2024 2:02 pm

Good result for Leeds given scums home form

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Sun May 12, 2024 3:22 pm

It's not like watching Town I've fallen asleep twice during these two games 😴

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Sun May 12, 2024 4:35 pm

Taken from TWTD about the Norwich game.

2 rubbish teams, at a rubbish ground, with rubbish fans, rubbish atmosphere, playing rubbish football.

Load of rubbish.😂

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun May 12, 2024 4:36 pm

Norwich look seem to have blown it now. They really needed to have taken a victory from the home advantage and you just can't envisage whatever team they put out in the return game taking a win there to make it through. Not sure if away goals feature this season, they mess around with the damn format and rules every year it's genuinely tough at times to keep up with what's going on.

Believe the other WBA / Soton fixture finished with no score also. That's highly bizarre for two such pivotal end of season contests. I guess a lot of players were tentative and cautious, not wishing to give much away and defense was the order of the day, or it were simply games of few chances and not overly abundant by way of entertainment.

I know we've made it, but it's a shame, if not unfortunate or unfair, and many neutrals should argue or agree, that you have here four very good teams with arguably an impressive consistent set of players, and three are destined to fail or miss out and there can be only one standout winner. Suppose it's always been like that since the format started but providing it a moments thought, you can view the certain injustices for the teams involved.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun May 12, 2024 8:29 pm

I felt Leeds had a game plan and stuck to it. They defended very well in the early part of the game, and eventually took full control , as scum simply ran out of ideas. I’m thinking Norwich will sit back at ER and try to nick a goal on the break. They are very quick and efficient at that tactic it has to be said. But they are also a dirty side with a few off the ball “ tackles”, which is exactly what they did against us.

Sargent went off with what looked like an ankle injury again or maybe just a calf strain. They’ve not got much else up front without him leading the line, and Rowe looks like he’s got his mind of his future elsewhere now.

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Mon May 13, 2024 8:34 pm

KMc taking it easy at the football tonight with the England manager.😂😂

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Mon May 13, 2024 8:38 pm

Cabanas Blue wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 8:34 pm
Probably suggesting Leif for a call up at left back :wink:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon May 13, 2024 9:13 pm

Question for those in the know please.
Is there extra time snd penalties in the second leg of these PO games….. and the PO final?

Thank you :D

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon May 13, 2024 9:14 pm

TODD66 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 8:38 pm
Cabanas Blue wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 8:34 pm
Probably suggesting Leif for a call up at left back :wink:
Tbh Toby, thats a blooming good shout!

USATractorBoy

Post by USATractorBoy » Tue May 14, 2024 12:53 am

Blue Wilf wrote:
USATractorBoy wrote:
Not sure who else on here follows F95, but an enormous game for them against Kiel this weekend. Come on!
Haha no worries friend. I see someone else has already answered it.

Town are my main love, but due to my German heritage wanted a German team to follow and just makes sense to follow F95 due to our fan connection.

The dream is to come to Europe soon and watch a Town and F95 game on the same trip.

If so, would be cool to have a pint with some of you fellas. 8)

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue May 14, 2024 7:18 am

A London based Town fan has stated the South London press are stating we are very much interested in Millwalls Dutch player…can’t think of his name right now, but apparently has been a stand out player in a struggling team, and plays a good brand of football, as you’d expect of a Dutch player. Midfield I think?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue May 14, 2024 7:27 am

USATractorBoy wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 12:53 am
Blue Wilf wrote:
USATractorBoy wrote:
Haha no worries friend. I see someone else has already answered it.

Town are my main love, but due to my German heritage wanted a German team to follow and just makes sense to follow F95 due to our fan connection.

The dream is to come to Europe soon and watch a Town and F95 game on the same trip.

If so, would be cool to have a pint with some of you fellas. 8)
Always up for a beer with fellow Tractor Boys members

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue May 14, 2024 7:30 am

hallamblue wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 7:18 am
A London based Town fan has stated the South London press are stating we are very much interested in Millwalls Dutch player…can’t think of his name right now, but apparently has been a stand out player in a struggling team, and plays a good brand of football, as you’d expect of a Dutch player. Midfield I think?
Zian Flemming, 25yo attacking midfielder

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7y0Xbtr6bnM

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue May 14, 2024 8:00 am

thats the boy .... nice one Mike ...

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue May 14, 2024 10:09 pm

Watching Spurs v Man City tonight I think Omari is twice the player that Brennan Johnson is.

Weird atmosphere at that game all night. Spurs didn’t actually start to sing until MC went 2-0 up because they didn’t want Arsenal to win the PL lol !!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu May 16, 2024 4:57 pm

Reading some other stuff on that Carrow Rd fixture in the 1st Leg and the scuffles…… purely from a neutral stance, and from a safety perspective; got to hope Leeds go through. 🤔 Nothing to do with an Ipswich rival failing etc, but could get quite problematic for the authorities should the No’Fkrs win.

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Thu May 16, 2024 8:10 pm

Oh what a shame Norwich losing 🤣🤣

Andym

Post by Andym » Thu May 16, 2024 8:22 pm

Cabanas Blue wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 8:10 pm
Oh what a shame Norwich losing 🤣🤣
It gets better 2-0