NON IPSWICH MATCHES

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Steve

Re: NON IPSWICH MATCHES

Post by Steve » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:12 pm

Don't forget Southampton still have to play Leicester and Leeds, that's still a carrot for them

Denny61

Post by Denny61 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:19 pm

But Steve .just hearing Armstrong out with bad injury..Will they be inclined to rest players now against the foxes and Leeds..I don't know. What you think

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:20 pm

So Cardiff do to Southampton exactly as they did to us with a late winner! An extra 16-17 minutes of extra time will be the last thing the Saints would've wanted!

Has been interesting to read various viewpoints and the one thing I will add to that is that currently we have a level playing field with all of the top four having played the same number of games! None of this conjecture about games in hand etc. None of us can believe our position nor the season we've had! However, we all know there's still lot's to do and there's bound to be that niggling fear of "so near, yet so far". I think with Pompey and possibly Derby already coming up, this division will only be tougher again next season!

For what it's worth, and not trying to predict any Ipswich scores, my views on matters which could affect our finishing position!

As I type Birmingham are 0-0 away at Rotherham and with Huddersfield still to meet Brum in their next game, Huddersfield are hanging by a thread. A win at Rotherham today opens up a sizeable gap.

Coventry play Hull on Wednesday night, that game could knock either, or both clubs out of the playoff running, then Hull have to play Ipswich just 3 days later, by that time Norwich could've already secured 6th place.

Yes, there could be immense pressure if Leeds get a result on Monday or/& next weekend, while the Saints know that a no show at Leicester virtually consigns them to the playoffs.

My word, what a season we're having. Remember we are still masters of our own destiny.

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:29 pm

I think if Burns had been fit we would have won one or both of those last two games and been sitting pretty COYB.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:35 pm

Cabanas Blue wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:29 pm
I think if Burns had been fit we would have won one or both of those last two games and been sitting pretty COYB.
Yep, convinced myself that had Burns been playing last few weeks, Ipswich would now be promoted and contending for title or runners up spot. We’ll never know.
8pm next Saturday ——>> biggest game for Ipswich for YEARS!

Denny61…… This new found “optimism” drug you’re on? Are these prescribed at the GP’s? 🤦‍♂️ :lol:

Denny61

Post by Denny61 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:16 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:35 pm
Cabanas Blue wrote:
Yep, convinced myself that had Burns been playing last few weeks, Ipswich would now be promoted and contending for title or runners up spot. We’ll never know.

Denny61…… This new found “optimism” drug you’re on? Are these prescribed at the GP’s? 🤦‍♂️ :lol:
I'm on no drugs whatsoever marko...its just called. Looking on the bright side of life and not trying to be a doom merchant ..you should try it..and leave your meds alone!! Lol

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:25 pm

Denny61 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:16 pm
marko69 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:35 pm
Cabanas Blue wrote:

I'm on no drugs whatsoever marko...its just called. Looking on the bright side of life and not trying to be a doom merchant ..you should try it..and leave your meds alone!! Lol
You never used to try, buddy!! :lol:

Just kidding.

Ps….., i need my meds! 👍👌

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:46 pm

Wouldn’t it be lovely if we win all three! 🤞

rossi

Post by rossi » Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:04 am

Cabanas Blue wrote:
Sorry, but I don't get that at all.

To suggest that one player in our squad would make the difference between winning and losing just doesn't make sense in my book. Our success is based on all round team performance, we don't have one player who is standout (apart from maybe Sam Morsy).

shabba

Post by shabba » Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:19 am

I agree - Burns is good but he isn’t a star player - none of them really are - as Rossi says only maybe Morsy is the driving force.

I think two wins will be enough for us, but that’s still not an easy task.

It’s all building to a last day of the season drama fest - checking phones at the whilst at the ground etc.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:03 am

rossi wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:04 am
Cabanas Blue wrote:

To suggest that one player in our squad would make the difference between winning and losing just doesn't make sense in my book. Our success is based on all round team performance, we don't have one player who is standout (apart from maybe Sam Morsy).
As I started to read your post Sam Morsy came to mind, he is such an influential member and leader of the team. How is he fixed for seeing the season out or is he walking a tightrope for a potential ban.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:56 am

Its the “who the hell cares” Semi Final in Scotland today. Newly formed Sevco vs the West Edinburgh gutter dwellers.
Hoping for an exciting Old (but new sevco) Firm derby for the final. Way too many jambo buddies who’ll be crowing if they win.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:44 am

Big game at Ewood Park today. Blackburn can still mathematically be relegated. A draw saves them today. But Weds should be up for that one.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:58 pm

And in bigger news, Forfar secured league status yesterday with a 2-1 win over East Fife, ( No 5-4's on this occasion). Congratulations to Buckie Thistle who go on to meet East Kilbride in their quest for league football with Clyde, Stranraer & Bonnyrigg Rose all sweating. Buckie's title win condems the Hedge fuckers (Brechin) to another season of Highland League Football
Mwahahahahaha. C'mon the Loons, one team in Angus.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:10 pm

The Hedgemen did stick to the plan yesterday ...., but i think they totally had a realization a few week ago being pumped by Fraserburgh. That was unexpected and definitely not quite up to league reinstatement. (Beaten home & away by Fraserburgh as well :shock: )

Got to be next season for Brechin though. Too big a club for the Highland League. Cannae beat a wee Loons v City derby.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:16 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:44 am
Big game at Ewood Park today. Blackburn can still mathematically be relegated. A draw saves them today. But Weds should be up for that one.
I guess we’d rather see Sheff Wed win this one to put Huddersfield deeper in the mire and hopefully be out of it before we meet them on May 4.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:45 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:16 pm
marko69 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:44 am
I guess we’d rather see Sheff Wed win this one to put Huddersfield deeper in the mire and hopefully be out of it before we meet them on May 4.
Currently 1-1 at start of 2nd half. Both goals scored within first 10 minutes.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:55 pm

weds 2-1 up

Brum will be livid at not seeing off woeful Rothers yesterday.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:00 pm

3-1

Did not see Rovers being in a relegation battle this season. Think maybe tipped them for play-offs....., hence why Team M69 boss will be sacked at the end of the season.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:03 pm

Wednesday hauling their a$$seS to safety for "Steel City" derbies next season......., always entertaining spicy affairs.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:06 pm

Apparently Leicester only needs one more win to get promoted. So if they beat Saints Tues night, they’re up.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:10 pm

Love the banter with those jambos..... Brian the jambo tiler conv.

Me: "You at Hampden wearing your jambo jester hat and eating 15quid Hampden burgers, Bri?"
Brian: "Wouldn't give the smelly cnuts my money!"
"For the Jester hat? Or the burger? :D "

Promptly told to "go away" using alternative words. :lol: Love it.

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:12 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:06 pm
Apparently Leicester only needs one more win to get promoted. So if they beat Saints Tues night, they’re up.
Surely thats only the case if Leeds don't win at Boro tomorrow night?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:14 pm

hallamblue wrote:
You sure? I don't think so.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:15 pm

Blue Wilf wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:12 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Surely thats only the case if Leeds don't win at Boro tomorrow night?
Yep.

Steve

Post by Steve » Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:23 pm

rossi wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:04 am
Cabanas Blue wrote:

The thing is Rossi its not just one man it effected, Burns loss has effected Town in so many ways. Hutchinson is a great player and hopefully will become a huge player but he cannot do what Burns did down the right. It also impacted the team as the options for impact substations.

When Burns started on the right he harassed the left backs, many time ran them riot. He also contributed with first plays that lead to second play goals, assists and scored himself. The other big thing this did was allow the manager to bring on Hutchinson who then was great at attacking that defender Burns quite often ran into the ground. Look at past videos.

Again Hutchinson is a really good player and one as I said will progress to even greater standards but in my opinion he's not so good down the right, brilliant number 10 yes but he doesn't run at the defender and take him on to cut back a pass. He cuts in a lot. He does his best, certainly no slur on him but Burns offered so much for 60 odd minutes then the subs taken over. The loss of Burns is not about one player but what the whole team loses

Steve

Post by Steve » Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:24 pm

Lets hope Huddersfield now lose their remaining games

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:33 pm

Steve wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:23 pm
The thing is Rossi its not just one man it effected, Burns loss has effected Town in so many ways. Hutchinson is a great player and hopefully will become a huge player but he cannot do what Burns did down the right. It also impacted the team as the options for impact substations.

When Burns started on the right he harassed the left backs, many time ran them riot. He also contributed with first plays that lead to second play goals, assists and scored himself. The other big thing this did was allow the manager to bring on Hutchinson who then was great at attacking that defender Burns quite often ran into the ground. Look at past videos.

Again Hutchinson is a really good player and one as I said will progress to even greater standards but in my opinion he's not so good down the right, brilliant number 10 yes but he doesn't run at the defender and take him on to cut back a pass. He cuts in a lot. He does his best, certainly no slur on him but Burns offered so much for 60 odd minutes then the subs taken over. The loss of Burns is not about one player but what the whole team loses
Word.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:55 pm

Well Coventry look well out of their depth vs
Man Utd today. They are trying to play break football against Man Utd but simply don’t have the pace to do it.

Edit: 1-0 Man U

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:13 pm

Watching Coventry play we have one hell of a task on our hands