The Title Run In..........

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Re: The Title Run In..........

Post by hallamblue » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:42 am

Mauswara

Post by Mauswara » Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:57 am

hallamblue wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:42 am
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68824056

Have a look at this guys….
The picture says it all, love it.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:18 pm

Mauswara wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:57 am
hallamblue wrote:

The picture says it all, love it.
100%

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:48 pm

hallamblue wrote:

This is pretty much what I’ve been predicting for a while now although on current form I wouldn’t be surprised to see Southampton join the 90 point club. The only thing against that happening is having 3 of their 4 remaining games away including travels to Leicester City and Leeds United. Hopefully they’ll lose at Leicester and win at Leeds.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:57 pm

Towns next match is now absolutely massive. We have to win it…. And so do Hull.

Ps Saints look to have lost v Cardiff in injury time

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:00 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:57 pm

So... what donwe think this means for us?? Surely S'ton MUST beat Leicester now to have any chance of autos and that would keep Leicester close. Thats just such a massive game but they all are!! 😱

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:04 pm

It deffo helps us, Southampton can now only get 93 points if they win the last Three, that will mean they will have beaten Leicester and Leeds, we can get 95 with 2 wins, it's definitely helped a bit.

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:08 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:04 pm
It deffo helps us, Southampton can now only get 93 points if they win the last Three, that will mean they will have beaten Leicester and Leeds, we can get 95 with 2 wins, it's definitely helped a bit.
Lets hope so cos we will take anything we can get! One thing is for sure, it will be a but clearer at about 10pm on Tuesday evening...

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:11 pm

I just cannot believe I'm flying to Portugal the morning of the Huddersfield match, see told you I can be a prat, what planning

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:12 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:57 pm

If Hull don’t win at Coventry on Wednesday their season is all but over and will almost certainly be before our game kicks off at 8pm.

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:17 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:11 pm
I just cannot believe I'm flying to Portugal the morning of the Huddersfield match, see told you I can be a prat, what planning
Surely you are joking.... do you not own a diary ffs?????!!! 😂 lets hope we are done and dusted before then! 🤞

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:17 pm

A Hull/Coventry draw would be perfect

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:18 pm

Blue Wilf wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:17 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Surely you are joking.... do you not own a diary ffs?????!!! 😂 lets hope we are done and dusted before then! 🤞
Who bloody dreamed we'd be where we are ffs, McKenna you tool, mid table at best we all said lmao.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:19 pm

Blue Wilf wrote:
Bluemike wrote:
Two away wins then lol

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:24 pm

Bluemike wrote:
A Hull/Coventry draw would be perfect
I think we’d be far better with a Coventry win. 👍

Both teams would then be virtually out of any chance of a play off place and their season over. The only downside of course is no pressure.

shabba

Post by shabba » Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:26 am

Bluemike wrote:
Can you change the flight? Could be a once in a lifetime day at PR!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:00 am

Too much hassle, I'm praying we do it at Hull and Coventry tbh, can't see it though

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:06 am

shabba wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:26 am
Bluemike wrote:
That’s what can happen when you leave your wife to make travel plans during the footie season. 🤣🤣🤣

For the rest of your life you’ll be thinking how on earth did I miss the moment when we were promoted to the Premier League in 2024.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:08 am

The more I look at it, I feel tomorrow night's Boro v Leeds match is the key fixture of all those remaining. Mathematically the home team can still gain a play off spot, but they're just not going to do it. Leeds NEED to take 3 points in this game, I feel nothing less is any good for them!
While yes our league position by the time we next play could bring an extra unwanted pressure, the Whites of Yorkshire will have greater pressure in not wanting to rely on us slipping up when they will only have 1 tough remaining fixture to address any shortfalls should we win at Hull.

JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB » Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:33 am

AzzurroMark wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:08 am
The more I look at it, I feel tomorrow night's Boro v Leeds match is the key fixture of all those remaining. Mathematically the home team can still gain a play off spot, but they're just not going to do it. Leeds NEED to take 3 points in this game, I feel nothing less is any good for them!
While yes our league position by the time we next play could bring an extra unwanted pressure, the Whites of Yorkshire will have greater pressure in not wanting to rely on us slipping up when they will only have 1 tough remaining fixture to address any shortfalls should we win at Hull.
what an amazing climax to a thrilling season!

Agreed, the Boro v Leeds game is massive for both teams - which is why I see a draw. Leeds then go away to QPR and then are at home to Southampton.

incidentally, I think I'm right in saying that if Hudders lose at home to Brum on 27th they are relegated and have nothing to play for against us last day of the season?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:52 am

Same with predicting the draw for Boro v Leeds for the TB Cup Semi Final …. But Leeds are chucking it. I reckon they’ll continue to do so and Boro will win. All helping the TB’s massively.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:01 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:06 am
shabba wrote:
Bluemike wrote:
That’s what can happen when you leave your wife to make travel plans during the footie season. 🤣🤣🤣

For the rest of your life you’ll be thinking how on earth did I miss the moment when we were promoted to the Premier League in 2024.
And the daft thing is I do ALL our plans and organising for ALL our holidays. I actually blame McKenna, this wasn't in anyone's script.

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:35 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:01 pm
Charnwood wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:06 am
shabba wrote:

And the daft thing is I do ALL our plans and organising for ALL our holidays. I actually blame McKenna, this wasn't in anyone's script.
Sacked in the morning! You're getting sacked in the morning!

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:16 pm

JohnnyB wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:33 am
AzzurroMark wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:08 am
incidentally, I think I'm right in saying that if Hudders lose at home to Brum on 27th they are relegated and have nothing to play for against us last day of the season?
A worse scenario could be a draw, coupled with a Wednesday defeat at home to WBA next Saturday, as this presents us with the threat where no less than a point is needed at PR to give any remote hope of Huddersfield staying up.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:01 pm

I think with the season drawing to a close each of the top three just need that win. Leicester got theirs vs WBA …. Saints lost, making top two a big challenge for them now. Leicester only need a point now I think.

We’ve got to get 2 wins to be sure, and hope Leeds drop points vs Boro. But what have Boro got to play for now!? Leeds may come unstuck at QPR who are still not safe. I think unless Saints beat Leicester Tuesday their final game vs Leeds will be a dead rubber. So potentially for all concerned the turning point is each Club’s next match.

Boro v Leeds
Leicester v Saints
Hull v Town

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:51 pm

Leicester, Leeds and Saints will all have each played twice before we even kick a ball. We should know by then exactly what needs to be done and hopefully Coventry will be in the FA Cup final and out of contention for a play off place.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:20 pm

Believe now there's more chance of Amelia Earhart at the F.A Cup Final than Coventry but in any event it's essentially how quick they can respond from that setback by the time they play us in the league. Pains to say it but NCFC look to have sixth place for themselves with games remaining. Would prefer someone other without question and if Coventry really believe they can finish a top six by final weekend then they're going to come at us and try just as hard as ourselves. After that Semi Final they're going to want to give something back to the fans, they sure seem to deserve some reward.

Leicester win yesterday was disappointing. Thought they'd screwed up and drop away from the automatic two but they pick up a rare win and look in contention again. Damn nuisance but as everyone knows if we win all three games remaining ourselves we get a promotion. Seems so simple, except it isn't.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:52 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:18 pm
Blue Wilf wrote:
Bluemike wrote:
Who bloody dreamed we'd be where we are ffs, McKenna you tool, mid table at best we all said lmao.
I can see Hull winning that now after todays semi final result. Coventrys season is all but over.

osborne77

Post by osborne77 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:28 pm

You could go completely mad working out all of the different options. Logic goes out the window at this stage of the season though as you get so many results against the run of form. As other have said, teams that are under more pressure to avoid relegation/make the playoffs can either crumble or suddenly find enormous motivation and then some teams that don't make it, lose interest whilst other play with the freedom they lacked before and shock everyone. So no more prediction calculators for me.

Again, as it has been pointed out by others, two huge things in our favour to hang on to are:
1) Automatic promotion will still be in our hands on Saturday at 8:00 whatever happens
2) We'll have a much better idea of what we have to do in our penultimate two games than Leeds and Southampton will do and we'll still have two games left after Leicester play PNE. I know McKenna isn't exactly famous for tactical changes but I still think that knowing exactly what you need to do three games out is a big deal

Of course I will definitely be getting the calculator out again after Monday night, Tuesday night, Wednesday night, Friday night and Saturday at 5:00 but I'll lay off for 24hrs at least!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:06 am

…… think I’ll just book a flight to Portugal, as it’s the best way to avoid all this final games stress, lol.