Championship - Blackburn Rovers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Carry on with the Sheffield Wednesday form?

Blackburn Win
No votes
Ipswich Win
77%
Draw
23%

Total votes: 13

Steve

Re: Championship - Blackburn Rovers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Steve » Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:25 pm

Blimey. Don't they realise if we win this we'll be top of the league. Having a fortnight off making us look leggy. Stick a rocket up few of their arses for right now I see nothing other than a pre season match.

i think Hutchinson is a great player but wishing he take on their left back. The full back is booked, get at him

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:29 pm

AzzurroMark wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:22 pm
Yes, the first one was earlier. Not sure how long flag had been up when Edmundson "cleared" the ball into the net!
That wasn’t a disallowed goal, he kicked the ball in the net after the whistle for offside.

George Edmundson has the ball in the back of his own net, but it was never going to count for Blackburn as Ben Chrisene has already been flagged for offside.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:30 pm

Decent first half but if we step this up it's there for us. How we didn't get a penalty god only knows and the second of their disallowed goals was very fortunate for us as it should have stood. We need to get the ball to Hutchinson more as his marker is on a yellow. Please dear God get Broadhead off, we are virtually playing with Ten men

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:31 pm

Really need to move the ball quicker at times. If we continue like we did in the last 15 minutes of the 1st half I can see another Cardiff result happening.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:31 pm

Just seen the real disallowed goal, we definitely got away with one there, Blackburn have every right to be aggrieved.

Steve

Post by Steve » Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:34 pm

Hoping the Ref doesn't try to even things up, Yes we got away with disallowed goal but Blackburn should remember the officials missed a definate penalty for Ipswich as well

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:35 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:31 pm
Just seen the real disallowed goal, we definitely got away with one there, Blackburn have every right to be aggrieved.
No doubt about it we certainly got away with that. Just hope the ref doesn’t try and make up for it in the 2nd half by giving them a soft penalty.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:37 pm

Steve wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:34 pm
Hoping the Ref doesn't try to even things up, Yes we got away with disallowed goal but Blackburn should remember the officials missed a definate penalty for Ipswich as well

He’s already done the evening up disallowing their goal. The only problem with that is he pisses off both sets of fans.

Definitely need a quick second half goal to avoid a repeat of what happened at Cardiff.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:53 pm

We’re living a bit of a charmed life at the moment. I think McKenna needs to freshen things up a bit.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:55 pm

McKenna must have heard me. Sensible changes too given Moore and Broadhead been away all week and Chaplin coming back from injury. 👍

Jackson, Sarmiento and Al-Hamadi on as replacements.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:01 pm

Believe Blackburn just had about their first attempt on goal, in fact they nearly scored. It's taken some 55 plus minutes to threaten us but may be wrong, finding it tough to keep up with gameplay. Other than that we seem to be well in control, possibly should be leading by a bigger margin.

We're taking Chaplin from the field, must be a knock or something. Scored the goal and even his presence out there would worry the opposition, I'd leave him on but guess there's a clear reason why he's being allowed off. Not only that Broadhead and Moore leaving play. All right they're maybe effected by the Wales game just passed but they're two of our most influential players. Al Hamadi appears to be playing loan attacker, not sure that's going to work for us but we've been on top thus far and you got to keep faith in our players ability out there. One more goal from us would go an awful long way to assure any victory.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:04 pm

I’ll enjoy this more if we can get a second goal. Not happy relying on a clean sheet.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:05 pm

Now Blackburn have a second goal disallowed. It looks a good decision for a foul on Hladky but took Stuart Attwell a long time to decide. We are looking a bit shaky.

I’ll be glad when this one’s over. Just like the two games I watched earlier it just shows how much pressure affects the way players perform.

At the moment we’re doing better than Leicester and Southampton before us but at the moment we are looking rather shaky.

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:08 pm

At this point of the match we look rubbish. Totally off the pace.

Be amazed if we survive through this one!

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:24 pm

How many mins of added time is there ???

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:28 pm

Full-time 0-1 win its games like this we must win even though we were crap, can I have a full report please

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:29 pm

Thank goodness for that.

2nd half was a hard watch but job done in the end!!

Andym

Post by Andym » Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:31 pm

Great result. But a very poor performance. Take the points and move on.

BLUEBLOOD

Post by BLUEBLOOD » Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:33 pm

When you play badly and still win a sign of a good team . COYB ...

mendipblue

Post by mendipblue » Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:34 pm

Wasn't the best performance but it's the result and 3 valuable points which are more important. 😆

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:34 pm

Definitely got away with one today. As they say results are the only thing that matters at this time in the season but we can’t afford too many performances like that and expect to come away with 3 points.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:34 pm

Couldn't listen or view the f**king thing and not for lack of trying but we got the victory, they've just called time there and we've taken a one goal win. I think Blackburn came into it more second-half and threatened but they appeared poor first 45 so on the balance of things a Town win was probably a fair result. We would have created more chances during the 90 and greater possession but still trying to fit all pieces together so soon after contest has ended.

We got to first position in league, it's something to be proud of and a great position with only a few weeks remaining but taking nothing for granted. As yet and right now we haven't won or achieved anything, the target has yet not been reached. Hoping Leeds go the way of LCFC in an hour or two, that would make for a real satisfactory day for everyone connected with this club.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:35 pm

As Nigel Pearson just said on Sky Tv, one quality Ipswich showed that you must have at this stage of the season that neither Leicester or Southampton showed earlier is resilience, and that baybe the difference that gets them over the line.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:36 pm

Absolutely awful second half, massively got away with one today but it's a win, a huge win and for a couple of hours we are TOP OF THE LEAGUE!!!!!!!

Steve

Post by Steve » Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:36 pm

Match to forget but the 3pts are massive and could really prove so sufficient at end of season

Doesn't matter now how we win, just got to win.

I'm concerned for we looked totally off it. Every team can play badly but there were not many players I watched who showed to me total desire. Some just looked so legy and not sure why. Not very often can say that about Ipswich Town under this desire

Having said that, We won and come on Watford, you can do it !!!

Steve

Post by Steve » Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:38 pm

Steve wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:36 pm
Match to forget but the 3pts are massive and could really prove so sufficient at end of season

Doesn't matter now how we win, just got to win.

I'm concerned for we looked totally off it. Every team can play badly but there were not many players I watched who showed to me total desire. Some just looked so legy and not sure why. Not very often can say that about Ipswich Town under this manager

Having said that, We won and come on Watford, you can do it !!!

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:45 pm

To be honest I’d rather play crap and win than play well and drop points. There’s only one thing that matters on the run in and that’s winning 3 points. Once again we’re indebted to Hladky for keeping another clean sheet especially his recovery after losing the ball to Szmodics whilst playing out from the back which was brilliant.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:16 pm

Yes Hladky did very well despite his near monumental f*ck up. I thought Luongo and Edmundson were the pick of a bad bunch second half.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:28 pm

f*ck the level of performance, that win this evening was absolutely massive as will the next 3 games be against Southampton (4th), Norwich (6th) the next best form team after us, and Watford who held Leeds tonight. All to happen in the first 10 days of April, phew !

And all live on Sky tv.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:01 am

Been so long since any Town team has found themselves top of the second league at end of March, you'd have to go back to Joe Royle's tenure, no subsequent name would have achieved it in the time since.

Having now ascertained further details from the game it can be said by the end of it we were somewhat fortunate to win it but we seemed to play well during one half and not the other. Not the first instance, won't be the last. Referee while not entirely competent was kept busy what with goals chalked off and decisions turned away. I think Blackburn by the end of it may have a case they should have taken something from it.

Chaplin maybe doesn't appear or isn't completely match fit and Burns remains out although for how long not entirely sure. These two players alone would be instrumental to our objective and while Vaclav may have made an error or two, for the most part he's rightfully our #1 and would have played a pivotal part in our promotion should we make it.