Championship - Norwich City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

The most important fixture of our season on so many levels?

Norwich Win
16%
Ipswich Win
53%
Draw
32%

Total votes: 19

number 9

Re: Championship - Norwich City vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by number 9 » Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:13 am

Well if Kieran did read the forums he’d find a supporter base committed to their beloved team to achieve as much success as possible. I’m tired of the conversation about how we’ve punched above our weight and we should be grateful. We’re so close to creating another great chapter in ITFC’s history and KM will certainly be part of that.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:21 am

number 9 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:13 am
Well if Kieran did read the forums he’d find a supporter base committed to their beloved team to achieve as much success as possible. I’m tired of the conversation about how we’ve punched above our weight and we should be grateful. We’re so close to creating another great chapter in ITFC’s history and KM will certainly be part of that.
BS.

A less than favourable result v Watford and he'll be chucked under the bus by sections of the "committed" support & Undoing precious positive work. Every club has those fans.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:51 am

Thankfully I had to shoot straight out after yesterday's game and had a nice evening out to look forward to to take my mind off that debacle.

Having now had time to digest it you can't help but still feel the bitter disappointment at losing to that lot yet again, what hurt me the most is that David Wagner is right in that his players wanted it more, for whatever reason we just didn't show up, we didn't compete, we didn't hurt them once really and created nothing, that has to be a big disappointment for all in Blue.

Kieran McKenna gets very little wrong but I do feel starting with Kieffer Moore was one of the rare occasions he messed up, Moore was anonymous and was labouring around the pitch, I also felt it cried out for Harry "he's one of our own" Clarke over Axel who for me was also poor, the local boy knows what this game means to us. You have to realise Norwich got their tactics bang on defensively and nullified all our attacking threat.

Anyhow in the cold light of day and as disappointed as wr are we kind of got away with it thanks to Leeds also getting beat at Coventry, it leaves us still in our hands which is all we can have asked for.

It's six defeats from Forty One people, let's not forget that, nor should we forgot the incredible fight and euphoria of Monday night so quickly, it's very knee jerk to react like that, Norwich whether we like it or not are tough at home, Nine straight wins, why did we expect to go there and win ? I certainly didn't expect it, I did however expect a better performance in the biggest game, rest assured though, there will be a massive reaction from the players as there always is, six point from Two home games and we could just be very very close to promotion, its not just us wobbling, remember that.

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:56 am

I too have moved on already - its harder for those of you who have to work with budgies etc (which fortunately, I do not). Coventry did us a massive favour and the twists and turns will continue. All we can do is dust ourselves down and go again on Wednesday - its all to play for and in our own hands so time to get the positive hat on again - COYB's!!

Mauswara

Post by Mauswara » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:03 am

I don't think I've ever met a Norwich City supporter.

I always thought they were imaginary.

rossi

Post by rossi » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:20 am

mendipblue wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:33 pm
rossi wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:57 pm
mendipblue wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:45 pm

What a load of codswallop. KMck was not out thought whats so ever it was just one or those days when we had a off day.The players will be devastated with that performance. They have achieved so much this season puncturing above there weight. Unbelievable, great season short memory :shock:
It's far from codswallop, although as an armchair fan I don't really expect you to understand it. Those of us that have supported the club for over 60 years are entitled to expect more from a game against our most bitter rivals, especially given how long it's been since we last beat them. KM and the players are professionals, and are paid well to do a job - today they did not do their jobs anything like properly.
Once again you talk codswallop. You are the master of talking absolute rubbish. You assume so much but actually know nothing. Armchair? Wow, you allegedly live closer than I do to PR but you seem unable to attend.. Do you travel to watch Town. Again of course you dont..Was you there today of course you were not. Sat in your busted spring armchair from over use no doubt. 🤣🤣 Whatever you respond with will be ignored because your not worth it. I am laughing at you 🤣 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Just run back to your Mummy and grow up, you silly little boy.

FYI, I am a ST holder in D Block, and have only missed having an ST for 4 seasons out of the last 60, so you really know nothing. It's true that I don't go to many away games these days, but that's got more to do with age than anything else.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:42 am

Well I guess I could have found something better to do on my birthday. :lol: Like others have said the biggest disappointment was that Norwich seemed far more up for the game than we were. I must admit I am concerned about our recent away performances as we have hardly been impressive at Cardiff, Blackburn or yesterday. We certainly need to up our game away from home if we want to pick anything up at Hull and Coventry.
At this moment in time we have several players who are struggling with their form. Luongo and Broadhead are just not on their game, although he might have been injured yesterday, imo Moore has not had the influence on the team like when he first came into the side and as I’ve said several times in the past I just don’t rate Tuanzebe.
Anyhow, all we can do is move on and concentrate on getting the 3 points on Wednesday.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:45 am

I agree completely about Moore and Tuanzebe, although Axel did have a few good games at RB. I think its time for Ali, Moore hasn't had the effect we hoped for in a lot of recent games, Ali looks far more dangerous and dare I say it, hungrier.

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:22 am

The disappointment of yesterday was half expected because some players are just not on top form, but I'm over it and as the final whistle went the TV was switched off that's now history, Leeds losing has given us a chance as long as we can go on a good 5 game run.
I hate the play offs but to get Scum at Wembley and hammer them would be better than winning the league.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:10 pm

Cabanas Blue wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:22 am
The disappointment of yesterday was half expected because some players are just not on top form, but I'm over it and as the final whistle went the TV was switched off that's now history, Leeds losing has given us a chance as long as we can go on a good 5 game run.
I hate the play offs but to get Scum at Wembley and hammer them would be better than winning the league.
If we do get the scum in the play off's it probably won't be at Wembley, more likely over Two very painful semi-Final legs.

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:37 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:10 pm
Cabanas Blue wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:22 am
If we do get the scum in the play off's it probably won't be at Wembley, more likely over Two very painful semi-Final legs.
I don't even want to think about that 🤔😂

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:49 pm

Town boss Kieran McKenna says there was positive news from Wes Burns’s latest hamstring scan.

Wales international Burns underwent a second scan on Thursday on the hamstring he injured against Sheffield Wednesday.

“The scan was a positive, so no guarantees yet but we’re certainly more optimistic that we’ll see him before the end of the season,” McKenna said.
One positive I guess

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:07 pm

Well he was definitely solely responsible for a few significant wins this season. Good news.
We’ll never know obviously, but for me, reckon his urgency would’ve helped greatly yesterday.

Denny61

Post by Denny61 » Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:49 pm

Lads Move on ..the match has been dissected to death ..what does everyone think we get from our nxt two..... il say 4 points....

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:55 pm

Move on? 🤷‍♂️ Was an East Anglian derby only 26 hours ago. Its not been dissected to death on this forum. In fact, no one has said anything of note for such a massive game.
You taking about the TWTD place?

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:15 pm

Marko, this is a forum, it is not, I repeat... IS NOT for discussing things or sharing opinions! It's for something else apparently... I'm just not sure what?? :?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:16 pm

There's been more dissection in a Library

Denny61

Post by Denny61 » Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:24 pm

Wwll will a POST MORTEM do !!!lol

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:57 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:16 pm
There's been more dissection in a Library
Hardly surprising though is it? Apparently there were 27000 people at the library yesterday.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:59 pm

There's normally more chat after a defeat, some love a good defeat to chew over and the get the sticks out to beat the club with.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:21 pm

Think the folks that want to chat about the game, the decisions in the game whether that be managers decisions or refereeing decisions can’t be arsed with “Everything was wrong” discussions.
Same on Hibs chats. Its all “Montgomery out” bollocks. No one has learnt a thing after Jack Ross.

We live in a world of reality TV ……. It’d be GREAT to have a reality manager show. Get some of the guys who think they know where things went wrong in the door for a few games. Who knows 🤷‍♂️, might work. You could all be heading onto the Gunners website for Gunners v ITFC tickets in no time with some of the “guru” expertise kicking around. 👍👌

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:04 pm

For what it's worth, After catching game highlights the referee sure seemed to award them some favorable decisions. Wouldn't go as far to suggest the "standard" of officiating was one-way traffic but hell they appeared to benefit from every decision while little went our way. It's not really an excuse as to why we lost but impartiality appeared right out the window with this one. Hope we never get that slime again for any remaining games we got this season.

Police intervention between fans was inevitable but remained somewhat minimal, kind of surprising for what was at stake and magnitude of game.

Around 10 arrests but it don't paint the picture of how many were actually involved in disturbance or intentionally going out their way attempting trouble. Norfolk Police believe stated it was, in so many words, 'fans showed good spirit and humor'. In other words the whole thing seem to pass largely without incident.

Not pleased to learn a number of our away allocation was set aside for that Ed Sheeran kid and his say 'entourage', just makes a mockery of real Town fans wanting to take in action and at such a pivotal event but in this day and age, it's really nothing new.

Maybe best to draw a line beneath this one and move on, we got Watford in a few days in highly winnable game while either Leeds or Leicester are expected to drop points in their respective fixtures so put aside this one defeat and face the next challenge. Say one thing for Norwich, for a fanbase of supporters who supposedly don't care much about us or what we get up to they sure seem interested, in fact they appear obsessed, about their victory and any rival pages I've taken in since conclusion of game it's filled to bursting point about what occurred and where they envisage we'll eventually finish. Could be the biggest result or score for them since Munich, at least it would seem so from certain reaction but one last time, we move on. Defeat by those pricks and a suspect game official shall not derail our (promotion) objective.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:27 pm

I think our brilliant season will eclipse the Norwich loss! 😉

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:31 am

number 9 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:27 pm
I think our brilliant season will eclipse the Norwich loss! 😉
9 never a truer word spoken! 👍