Sam Morsy

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Sam Morsy

Post by Bluemike » Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:48 pm

Reading that Two more Yellows for Morsy means a Three game ban is a bit of a worry, wouldn't want to face the run in or god forbid play offs without our main man.

He needs to keep his discipline but you just know those tossers up the road will be all over this Saturday, Mckenna needs to have a word, I wouldn't want to take anything away from Sam's game but he's that important to us that he needs to be aware.

Blued

Re: Sam Morsy

Post by Blued » Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:53 pm

I wonder if Morsy should sit out the match against Norwich?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:10 pm

Not for me, first name on the teamsheet

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:33 pm

Tbh he’s his own worst enemy because some of his cards have been totally avoidable and unnecessary. This said I thought after his last ban his count was reset but clearly this isn’t the case. ☹️

What exactly are the totting up rules and bans etc.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:31 pm

Evening all, stat man here... just thought I'd add that Morsy is winning the yellow card league on 13, one other has 12 and then there are a bunch on 11. Ipswich are joint top for most yellow cards this season with 91, the league average being 78. However interestingly (in my opinion) Town and WBA are the only two teams not to have received a red.

Just thought you ought to know.

It's unusual to see, as Town in my memory have always been at the goodie two-shoes end of the fair play table. It makes a refreshing change, as while I do hate dirty teams, I don't think this team is dirty, it just shows they have bite/fight in them, and I think moreso shows how much of a ploy/effort we're putting in to prevent teams from gaining control and creating rhythm in a game. Either that or we are indeed dirty bastids...

Andym

Post by Andym » Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:01 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:10 pm
Not for me, first name on the teamsheet
I agree. The winning goal on Monday; it was Morsy that drove forward, kept going after tripping in a tackle, and put the ball out to Davis as he does so often. He has to play.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:33 am

Yeah, didn't his earlier ban either start our lean patch, or at least contribute greatly.

We're not the same team without him, or without a CF, so hopefully Moore's omission won't hurt us.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:53 pm

Morsy can only be a target for intimidation if that is the operative word at Carrow Road particularly as they realize he's one of our most influential players and there's every chance both teams could meet in the end of season play-off contests. In all probability both teams won't clash again after tomorrow but you got to entertain all possibilities. Point being if involved, he'll likely be targeted for possible reaction and ultimately, some level of supension. Anything to favor the chasing pack or other leading contenders.

Just asks the question if worth the risk and maybe use the player for other fixtures thereafter. So many questions you can't answer such as will we get an auto promotion or finish outside top two. Think maybe, either user Morsy with caution for the City game or sit out and bring to the field next after. Would be so much easier to call if we knew just what our finishing position were to be and what players we can ideally use and when or if to sit out.