Two weeks to go: what’s on your mind?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

number 9

Two weeks to go: what’s on your mind?

Post by number 9 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:01 pm

Grilling chicken and smoked sausage for dinner. Just cracked open an ice cold beer. 82 degrees F and sunny with 5 to 10 miles variable winds. No work until Friday. To quote a familiar phrase in the good ole USA, I’m chillin like a villain. 8)

What’s on your mind?

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Re: Two weeks to go: what’s on your mind?

Post by Charnwood » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:21 pm

It sounds like a normal day to me 9 apart from the smoked sausage and work on Friday. 🤣

Only things on my mind at the moment are town winning promotion, going to California for 6 weeks next month, and booking a trip next year to The Masters Golf Tournament at Augusta.

I must say other than annual leave I rarely had 4 consecutive days off work so make the most of it and enjoy it.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:25 pm

Nice! Let me know if you end up in the Atlanta area.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:37 pm

Well, it’s been a normal day in Blighty today, I can tell you. Squalling winds of 60+mph, driving rain, interspersed with hail stones, and a balmy 8dgs c. Yip. Wouldn’t have it any other way. We’re wellard here in the UK. Born with flippers, and a snorkel fitted, no problem here I can tell you. You lightweights State side and Spain side, don’t know yer born. :lol:

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:10 pm

Hahaha! Yeah my mum can relate. Just a power cut away from a cold pork pie and Branston pickle for dinner, yeah? :lol:

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:06 pm

I've just been thinking, do I want Norwich to win on the weekend? I don't think that has ever been the case before, but does that more or less consign surely Coventry and probably Hull to missing the playoffs, would that then make them a less, or more terrifying prospect for us to play?

Other than that I've been thinking about sausages. This morning the lady in staff canteen mentioned her secret recipe was making sausage rolls, but with sage and onion stuffing in the mix. Now I can't stop thinking what I could create... sausage roll, but the sausage wrapped in bacon and cranberry sauce? Maybe with a core of Brie running through it?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:55 pm

Ricco wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:06 pm
Now I can't stop thinking what I could create... sausage roll, but the sausage wrapped in bacon and cranberry sauce? Maybe with a core of Brie running through it?
Give all aspects some thought in this area, Ricco. .... ie, NHS ambulance emergency response times! :D

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:23 pm

marko69 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:55 pm
Give all aspects some thought in this area, Ricco. .... ie, NHS ambulance emergency response times! :D
:lol: Point that. Perhaps I'll try them at work, if I fall out the office door I would roll the 200m down the hill to the A+E entrance! If I try them at home, it was nice knowing you all, I died happy.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:51 pm

Well I burnt the sausages yesterday, but they were salvageable. I went inside for a wee, and when I came back out there was an inferno on the grill. Forgot to put the lid on. It was very unlike me as my bbq is superior to most local restaurants in Georgia…maybe not Texas. However, it was kind of a reflection on my desire to see us get automatic. No matter how hot the competition, there’s always room for improvement. Let’s see if we come back in two weeks without charred aspirations and provide a quality meal for the ITFC supporters!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:10 pm

number 9 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:51 pm
I went inside for a wee, and when I came back out there was an inferno…….
Jeezo, 9 :shock: …… waiting for flow? Or too much flow…….. get that prostate checked out, dude!

“Ahhhhh, DOC, …, think you’ve still got your ring on!”
“No. Thats my wristwatch you’re feeling!”

😫

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:20 pm

marko69 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:10 pm
number 9 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:51 pm
I went inside for a wee, and when I came back out there was an inferno…….
Jeezo, 9 :shock: …… waiting for flow? Or too much flow…….. get that prostate checked out, dude!

“Ahhhhh, DOC, …, think you’ve still got your ring on!”
“No. Thats my wristwatch you’re feeling!”

😫
To be honest, I don’t trust the medical or dental industry in America. I’ll only go see a doctor if I can’t get out of bed in the morning, and I’ll only plan an unscheduled visit to the dentist if I’m in pain. I know it sounds crazy, but I just can’t afford it.