Leeds United join the list of clubs likely to receive a points deduction next season.

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Leeds United join the list of clubs likely to receive a points deduction next season.

Post by Charnwood » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:26 pm

Leeds United look likely to join Sheffield United in receiving a points deduction next season as a punishment for unpaid transfer fees. It would appear that in addition to losing £33M in their latest accounts they also owe £190M in unpaid transfer fees.

Talk about gaining an unfair competitive advantage, and this on top of parachute payments.

hallamblue

Re: Leeds United join the list of clubs likely to receive a points deduction next season.

Post by hallamblue » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:41 pm

I know they cant , But they really should both have had deductions THIS season. Ridiculously, They are profiting from their poor financial spending

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Leeds United join the list of clubs likely to receive a points deduction next season.

Post by Bluemike » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:04 pm

Exactly Liz, we are victims of cheating here and it could potentially cost us mega Millions, I'd be seeking legal advice as we speak tbh.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:41 pm

I wouldn’t put it past Ashton and Co tbh either Mike !

Newman

Post by Newman » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:34 am

Bit misleading.

They haven't got £190m unpaid as such.

Yes, they owe £190m but only £74m of that is due at the end June and they have the financial backing to be able to pay it.

Sheffield United had unpaid transfers fees and didn't have the financial backing to cover them, that's the difference.

I've £100k unpaid left on my mortgage but it's fine as I have the finances to keep up the repayments when they are due. If I didn't I'd lose the house.

Mauswara

Post by Mauswara » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:11 am

Newman wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:34 am
Bit misleading.

They haven't got £190m unpaid as such.

Yes, they owe £190m but only £74m of that is due at the end June and they have the financial backing to be able to pay it.

Sheffield United had unpaid transfers fees and didn't have the financial backing to cover them, that's the difference.

I've £100k unpaid left on my mortgage but it's fine as I have the finances to keep up the repayments when they are due. If I didn't I'd lose the house.
Only 190m.
Be all good I'm sure.