Championship - Ipswich Town vs Huddersfield Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

I would settle for a draw ..................

Ipswich Win
95%
Huddersfield Win
No votes
Draw
5%

Total votes: 20

hallamblue

Re: Championship - Ipswich Town vs Huddersfield Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by hallamblue » Sun May 05, 2024 7:36 am

Awesome pics guys . Hope link works

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ga ... n-pictures

A neutral’s perspective on Town

https://youtu.be/wrYfPCdkhRI?si=4-LxTxkLlTsG_ylj

Game day video . Before during and after the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul_D3nEh1fY
Last edited by hallamblue on Sun May 05, 2024 9:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun May 05, 2024 7:38 am

number 9 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 10:25 pm
When was the last time Ipswich and Norwich were both in the Prem?
It was 1994/95 season and they won both games.

Mauswara

Post by Mauswara » Sun May 05, 2024 9:16 am

Gotta love this

https://youtu.be/uYT2jyxxHQc

Stuart Watson holding back tears

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sun May 05, 2024 10:43 am

Comments from Russell Martin:
Speaking to the Southampton Daily Echo, Martin congratulated Ipswich on their promotion.

“I’ve made loads of mistakes and there is loads of frustration, but Ipswich deserve it (promotion).

“They’ve been great. Everyone kept saying throughout the season, ‘Oh, Ipswich will fall away,’ but they haven’t.

“Kieran and his group of staff deserve a huge amount of credit. You saw two brilliant teams today that maybe in other seasons would be Champions, but they’re not.

“Leeds get 90 points and they’ve not been promoted. That’s a testament to Ipswich and Leicester and how good they’ve been.”

collinsc

Post by collinsc » Sun May 05, 2024 11:29 am

Incredible season - well done to ALL involved, truly a true TEAM effort.

Thanks to all the regular contributors to the forum - always good to see different perspectives + special kudos to Frosty for the Matchday preview; always an insightful read and sets the day up nicely.

trimleyblue
Global Moderator

Post by trimleyblue » Sun May 05, 2024 11:31 am

USATractorBoy wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 6:18 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 4:59 pm
Saints via PO’s please….
Yes that is the best scenario by far! Just have a feeling Dirty Leeds will get it done though, which I suppose is better than the green and yellow pricks haha.
I'd prefer West Brom tbh, then we can look at taking Harwood-Bellis from Southampton

mendipblue

Post by mendipblue » Sun May 05, 2024 11:49 am

rossi wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 7:48 am
well today is my 67th birthday, and I fully expect the best birthday present I could get to be delivered around 14:30
67 ? Wow really? I would of said you were at least 6 or 7 by the way you behave on here. :lol: :lol: :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun May 05, 2024 12:06 pm

mendipblue wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 11:49 am
rossi wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 7:48 am
well today is my 67th birthday, and I fully expect the best birthday present I could get to be delivered around 14:30
67 ? Wow really? I would of said you were at least 6 or 7 by the way you behave on here. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Don’t want to be that grammar police guy, but the irony of this post, Mendipblue. 🤦‍♂️ You’re making yourself look incredibly silly here.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun May 05, 2024 1:26 pm

Mauswara wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 9:16 am
Gotta love this

https://youtu.be/uYT2jyxxHQc

Stuart Watson holding back tears
Didn’t we all. I was in absolute bits when that final whistle went yesterday, and hopefully this is only the start of the journey we’re about to begin.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun May 05, 2024 2:32 pm

Thinking about it, I'd want Leeds and Leicester to be promoted since both are heading for points deduction next season, which increases our chances of survival !

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun May 05, 2024 2:35 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 2:32 pm
Thinking about it, I'd want Leeds and Leicester to be promoted since both are heading for points deduction next season, which increases our chances of survival !
Yep, very good point. Do not like Leeds at all, but yes, them in the EPL will help Ipswich Towns cause 24/25 season.

Steve

Post by Steve » Sun May 05, 2024 2:59 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 2:35 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Yep, very good point. Do not like Leeds at all, but yes, them in the EPL will help Ipswich Towns cause 24/25 season.
I think you find Leeds will not be deducted as they have enough time to get themselves out of financial trouble.

Paul Robinson (Leeds ex goalkeeper)seemingly been slammed by experts for scare mongering.

Wish I saved the link but I didn't but its this time next year Leeds have to balance their books, or so they were explaining

Obviously this all could be wrong
Last edited by Steve on Sun May 05, 2024 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Sun May 05, 2024 2:59 pm

number 9 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 10:43 am
Comments from Russell Martin:
Speaking to the Southampton Daily Echo, Martin congratulated Ipswich on their promotion.

“I’ve made loads of mistakes and there is loads of frustration, but Ipswich deserve it (promotion).

“They’ve been great. Everyone kept saying throughout the season, ‘Oh, Ipswich will fall away,’ but they haven’t.

“Kieran and his group of staff deserve a huge amount of credit. You saw two brilliant teams today that maybe in other seasons would be Champions, but they’re not.

“Leeds get 90 points and they’ve not been promoted. That’s a testament to Ipswich and Leicester and how good they’ve been.”

That's a shock it almost makes you want like him,🤔 no forget I said that.😂😂

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sun May 05, 2024 3:17 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Of the 4 teams in po's, either Norwich or WBA is best option as they are the weakest and next season is all about staying up

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Sun May 05, 2024 3:25 pm

I just don't want it to be norwich and I would prefer it not to be Leeds or S'ton so its WBA for me. Regarding Norwich, I want them to be starved of any funds for a very long time. I really never like playing them and the longer we are in separate divisions, the happier I will be (as long as we are in the one above them of course)!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun May 05, 2024 5:24 pm

hallamblue wrote:
It's possible that Leicester, Leeds, Forest, Everton, Man City and one other that I can't recall are all looking at points deductions

shabba

Post by shabba » Sun May 05, 2024 8:20 pm

WHAT A DAY!!!!

The atmosmphere at the ground was immense! I'll just blurb all my thoughts/highlights out now!

- Got an 8am train up and it was already full of town fans!
- The whole town was buzzing right from early on - amazing weather too - especially given how wet/rubbish it was friday!
- Met Carlos Edwards, nice guy
- I was sitting 4 seats along from KM's brother - he looks SO similar to him (unsure if he is as good of a football manager).
- Huddesfield fans - what a credit to their club, 8-10 hours round trip, for a 12:30 KO, singing, having a good time - loved the LEEDS LEEDS, LEEDS ARE FALLING APART songs together, just made the party atmosphere even more special
- I knew Walton would get a few mins, KM is just unreal - what a decent man he is
- Didn't leave the statium until about 5pm, didn't invade the pitch but went down later to stand near the tunnel and watch the players, HUGE respect to some of them - namely Travis who stopped for a good while to take pics with kids, even hanging his medal on their neck - just seemed an absolutely lovely bloke. Clarke was also very gracious with his time with the fans, same for Jack Taylor.
- Davis walked right past me on his way up to the Robson suite - just paniced and said 'great job Leif'
- the off-license by the ground was a goldmine, spoke to the manager - said he bought it 2 years ago - decent timing!
- never seen curve bar so busy, must have been 4000 people outside
- got some great videos of the atmosphere and some cool pics close up of the players - what memories!
- So many messages from people just becuase they knew it was a big day for me, my old boss from finland, even ex coleagues from as far away as India! Even my sister who has zero football interest was watching the game.

Very special day for me - my dad was there with me and it was emotional for us as we didn't think we'd see this together again in his lifetime, and its the one thing we get to go and enjoy together a handful of times during the year between the busy life stuff. It is getting harder due to his health issues so I'll always treasure those memories.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sun May 05, 2024 9:15 pm

shabba wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 8:20 pm
WHAT A DAY!!!!

The atmosmphere at the ground was immense! I'll just blurb all my thoughts/highlights out now!

- Got an 8am train up and it was already full of town fans!
- The whole town was buzzing right from early on - amazing weather too - especially given how wet/rubbish it was friday!
- Met Carlos Edwards, nice guy
- I was sitting 4 seats along from KM's brother - he looks SO similar to him (unsure if he is as good of a football manager).
- Huddesfield fans - what a credit to their club, 8-10 hours round trip, for a 12:30 KO, singing, having a good time - loved the LEEDS LEEDS, LEEDS ARE FALLING APART songs together, just made the party atmosphere even more special
- I knew Walton would get a few mins, KM is just unreal - what a decent man he is
- Didn't leave the statium until about 5pm, didn't invade the pitch but went down later to stand near the tunnel and watch the players, HUGE respect to some of them - namely Travis who stopped for a good while to take pics with kids, even hanging his medal on their neck - just seemed an absolutely lovely bloke. Clarke was also very gracious with his time with the fans, same for Jack Taylor.
- Davis walked right past me on his way up to the Robson suite - just paniced and said 'great job Leif'
- the off-license by the ground was a goldmine, spoke to the manager - said he bought it 2 years ago - decent timing!
- never seen curve bar so busy, must have been 4000 people outside
- got some great videos of the atmosphere and some cool pics close up of the players - what memories!
- So many messages from people just becuase they knew it was a big day for me, my old boss from finland, even ex coleagues from as far away as India! Even my sister who has zero football interest was watching the game.

Very special day for me - my dad was there with me and it was emotional for us as we didn't think we'd see this together again in his lifetime, and its the one thing we get to go and enjoy together a handful of times during the year between the busy life stuff. It is getting harder due to his health issues so I'll always treasure those memories.
Great post mate and so pleased for you and all Town fans, especially getting the time with your father. Its the great thing about football and what it brings to people.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon May 06, 2024 1:51 am

I think our first priority is to beat ManU 10-0!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon May 06, 2024 7:37 am

Great post Shabba, and I can feel your pride, excitement and no little disbelief that we've made it over that line.

I can think of one or two peopkebi know ofca certainvagd group that Im really pleased for this weekend. Because until GameChanger came along, there was little hopd if us getting our Ipswich Town back. It's starting to feel like the heady Robson days again.

shabba

Post by shabba » Tue May 07, 2024 9:22 am

Merged my videos I took during the match into 1 clip and uploaded for sharing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlZqNcXNknE

I don't usually take many vids or pics but I knew I wanted to capture the memories of this one.

I have a ton of player close up pics from after the game - each year I make a family year book (printed) of all the things we have done, and I'm sure a few of those pics from Sat will make it into that :)