Town friendly pub in South Norfolk

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

azbedwell

Town friendly pub in South Norfolk

Post by azbedwell » Fri May 03, 2024 6:30 pm

Wonder if anyone can help. Can anyone suggest a Ipswich friendly pub that will have the game on in South Norfolk/Waveney Valley area diss/Fram way.

I live in Harleston (norfolk one) and it generally leans norwich.

Boring life stuff means can't really get down to Ipswich itself to watch.

AzzurroMark

Re: Town friendly pub in South Norfolk

Post by AzzurroMark » Fri May 03, 2024 8:15 pm

I should think you'd be ok in most pubs, but with 3 Championship games (Norwich one included) being shown by Sky (plus Arsenal match) finding one showing the Ipswich game might be a challenge.

I live in Wymondham and head to the Sports Bar in town. They can show up to 3 different games, so I guess my odds are good. When the local derby from Portman Road was shown we were massively outnumbered by Norwich fans, but the banter was good, if the result wasn't! Of course I am aware there'll always be places where it's best to avoid, but can't imagine Harleston pubs to be among them.

azbedwell

Post by azbedwell » Fri May 03, 2024 8:46 pm

Cheers, yeah I am not actually worried about Norwich fans (Harleston is very friendly place) just more meant a pub that is definitely showing the town game.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat May 04, 2024 1:20 am

Got something that may be of assistance.

All you need do is pick out the one you imagine is best adequate or meets your requirements, make a call to the establishment and enquire about TV / game availability (if it does or doesn't already specify) Hope this helps you out.

https://midanglia.camra.org.uk/pubguide

Andym

Post by Andym » Sat May 04, 2024 6:54 am

arana peligrosa wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 1:20 am

All you need do is pick out the one you imagine is best adequate or meets your requirements, make a call to the establishment and enquire about TV / game availability (if it does or doesn't already specify) Hope this helps you out.

I think the Norwich game is also on Sky so you would definitely need to phone and check which match they are showing.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat May 04, 2024 9:56 am

Andym wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 6:54 am
arana peligrosa wrote:

I think the Norwich game is also on Sky so you would definitely need to phone and check which match they are showing.
Although many of the Spirts bars here have multiple screens and show 3 live games pretty much continuously.

Andym

Post by Andym » Sat May 04, 2024 5:12 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 9:56 am
Andym wrote:
arana peligrosa wrote:

Although many of the Spirts bars here have multiple screens and show 3 live games pretty much continuously.
That reminded me; I think it’s Isaacs on Ipswich waterfront that not only shows a couple of matches, they even have TVs cut into the urinals so you can keep watching while you have a pee. Just thought I’d share that information

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun May 05, 2024 8:46 am

Don’t have the same luxury in the ladies loo, there …. That’s not fair :lol:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun May 05, 2024 6:30 pm

Andym wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 5:12 pm
Charnwood wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 9:56 am
Andym wrote:

That reminded me; I think it’s Isaacs on Ipswich waterfront that not only shows a couple of matches, they even have TVs cut into the urinals so you can keep watching while you have a pee. Just thought I’d share that information
True story..
Was down Isaacs one sunny Sunday afternoon a few years back with a friend, sitting watching some random tennis match on the big screen when I needed to dash for a pee, as you say TVs in the urinals, mine had bloody golf on it but the one beside me had the tennis, anyhow merrily going about my business without realising I was slightly leaning across to watch the tennis in the next one, upon which it dawned on me this big guy was giving me the evils as it clearly looked like I was copping an eye full of his todger lol, I duly smiled and walked off to wash my hands.