Transfer Rumours - New Signings for Towns Premier League Squad 2024/25

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Transfer Rumours - New Signings for Towns Premier League Squad 2024/25

Post by Charnwood » Sun May 05, 2024 3:41 pm

It looks like we could be lining up Coventry’s Ben Sheaf as our first signing at around £10M. He certainly looked useful when we played them last week and is also on Fulham’s radar.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Re: New Signings for Towns Premier League Squad 2024/25

Post by Charnwood » Sun May 05, 2024 3:50 pm

It’s looking likely that Omari Hutchinson will be offered a new contract by Chelsea and then go out on a season long loan. If this happens I’m sure it would suit both clubs if he came back to Town. The player gets regular football and Chelsea get McKenna’s coaching to improve their player’s development and value. Everybody wins.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun May 05, 2024 5:21 pm

Omari has stated he wants to come back here next season so fingers crossed.

Not sure about 10 Million for Sheaf though.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Sun May 05, 2024 5:53 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 5:21 pm
Get used to prices being 2 or 3 times what they should be, we're in the big boy league now.

I don't know how common loans from prem clubs to prem clubs are, but so long as Hutchinson doesn't play against Chelsea, it's surely the best option for all parties.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun May 05, 2024 6:21 pm

Not so much the fee, more the player in question.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun May 05, 2024 10:08 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 5:21 pm
Omari has stated he wants to come back here next season so fingers crossed.

I think Ben Sheaf will end up somewhere in the Premier League whether it be with Fulham, us or anr.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun May 05, 2024 10:12 pm

This is what Hutch had to say about it yesterday.

Amidst the celebrations following Ipswich’s promotion, Hutchinson expressed his desire to continue his journey with the club in the Premier League. Despite speculation about his future at Chelsea, the 20-year-old remains focused on the present moment, relishing in the joy of Ipswich’s success.

In response to questions about his future plans and a potential return to Portman Road next season, Hutchinson stated to Sky Sports, via Fabrizio Romano, “I hope so. I don’t know. I’ll have to see what my agent is saying and what the manager is saying and then go from there. I just want to celebrate at the moment.”

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Sun May 05, 2024 10:50 pm

Does his agent pay him? Thought not. So why is he listening to his agent? Remember who works for who lad, follow your heart, not those with vested interests.

USATractorBoy

Post by USATractorBoy » Mon May 06, 2024 12:18 am

If we think we need a CB(Which I think we do) how about bringing Carter Vickers back? Think would be immense here and still at a good age. Have to remember:Was pretty young when he was on loan here and has really polished his game since then.Not sure how much Celtic would ask for him seeing as they love him and has even been their captain a lot, but wouldn't hurt to at least inquire.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon May 06, 2024 7:54 am

Charnwood wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 10:12 pm

Amidst the celebrations following Ipswich’s promotion, Hutchinson expressed his desire to continue his journey with the club in the Premier League. Despite speculation about his future at Chelsea, the 20-year-old remains focused on the present moment, relishing in the joy of Ipswich’s success.

In response to questions about his future plans and a potential return to Portman Road next season, Hutchinson stated to Sky Sports, via Fabrizio Romano, “I hope so. I don’t know. I’ll have to see what my agent is saying and what the manager is saying and then go from there. I just want to celebrate at the moment.”

And that there, is THE biggest problem Ashton will face now. Bloody greedy agents!

Cabanas Blue

Post by Cabanas Blue » Mon May 06, 2024 8:23 am

hallamblue wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 7:54 am
Charnwood wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 10:12 pm

And that there, is THE biggest problem Ashton will face now. Bloody greedy agents!

In the interview with Watson Mark said he know all the agents, but it will be difficult for sure.

Frosty
Forum Owner

Re: Transfer Rumours - New Signings for Towns Premier League Squad 2024/25

Post by Frosty » Mon May 06, 2024 12:54 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 3:41 pm
It looks like we could be lining up Coventry’s Ben Sheaf as our first signing at around £10M. He certainly looked useful when we played them last week and is also on Fulham’s radar.

Hi Andy,

Hope you don’t mind, I edited your topic heading and made this a sticky for the new season transfer rumours thread we always have.

Cheers Dave

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon May 06, 2024 2:12 pm

As I mentioned in another thread, we're being linked with John Lundstram.

shabba

Post by shabba » Mon May 06, 2024 8:35 pm

It would be quite controversial - but what about Mason Greenwood? KM maybe knows him, he will be available, very talented but depends if he was matured etc. Could be another Brandon Williams though, but could be a cracking signing if he is over his past issues and able to crack on with the football.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon May 06, 2024 8:48 pm

Frosty wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 12:54 pm
Charnwood wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 3:41 pm

Hi Andy,

Hope you don’t mind, I edited your topic heading and made this a sticky for the new season transfer rumours thread we always have.

Cheers Dave
Not a problem mate 👍

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon May 06, 2024 8:53 pm

shabba wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 8:35 pm
It would be quite controversial - but what about Mason Greenwood? KM maybe knows him, he will be available, very talented but depends if he was matured etc. Could be another Brandon Williams though, but could be a cracking signing if he is over his past issues and able to crack on with the football.
I’d be more than happy with that but I think he’ll be way above our budget. I also expect to see him stay in Spain well away from the shocking British media.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon May 06, 2024 9:04 pm

I’ve always liked Blackburn’s Sammie Szmodics who I really can’t see staying there. I have s feeling it’s time for him to have a crack at the Premier League and could be worth a punt.

It would be interesting to know what sort of budget McKenna might have to spend however the biggest challenge will be staying on the right side of the FFP rules.

shabba

Post by shabba » Mon May 06, 2024 9:04 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 8:53 pm
shabba wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 8:35 pm
I’d be more than happy with that but I think he’ll be way above our budget. I also expect to see him stay in Spain well away from the shocking British media.
I guess also the issue with alot of targets will be the 10+ other prem clubs who might compete and drive the fee & wages up.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon May 06, 2024 9:41 pm

This was just posted on twtd by s non Ipswich fan:

Congratulations on getting back to the premier league!!

I am an outsider looking in but I thought I would join to spill a piece of information given to me by a journalist friend of mine who was actually at your game on Saturday!

You’re currently in talks with Middlesbrough trying to agree a deal for their midfielder Hayden Hackney who is also a target for Brighton and Fulham.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon May 06, 2024 9:42 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 9:04 pm
I’ve always liked Blackburn’s Sammie Szmodics who I really can’t see staying there. I have s feeling it’s time for him to have a crack at the Premier League and could be worth a punt.

It would be interesting to know what sort of budget McKenna might have to spend however the biggest challenge will be staying on the right side of the FFP rules.
I’d LOVE him here Andy. Even if his goals this season might be a one off I’m sure he’d prosper under McKenna.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon May 06, 2024 9:46 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 9:41 pm
This was just posted on twtd by s non Ipswich fan:

Congratulations on getting back to the premier league!!

I am an outsider looking in but I thought I would join to spill a piece of information given to me by a journalist friend of mine who was actually at your game on Saturday!

You’re currently in talks with Middlesbrough trying to agree a deal for their midfielder Hayden Hackney who is also a target for Brighton and Fulham.
I’m sure I read somewhere today that West Ham had already offered £18M for him snd were in advanced talks with Boro.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon May 06, 2024 9:55 pm

Looong way to go really but if true that’s be a sign of what we’re up against. It’s just whether Ashton can convince players that their careers are best served here under a bright young manager! It’ll be much about who we target really.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon May 06, 2024 10:01 pm

With West Ham confirming David Moyes departure today, maybe this could work to our advantage, that’s if there’s any truth in the rumour. McKenna’s friendship with Michael Carrick could also help if Carrick is resigned to losing him anyway.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon May 06, 2024 10:10 pm

I think Middlesbrough will be promotion contenders next season. I don’t think Carrick will want to leave yet. And I believe the succeeding manager for Moyes has already been announced. My personal feelings on Moyes is I think he should finish his career in Scotland. I’ll never understand why Sir Alex recommended Moyes for the ManU job.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon May 06, 2024 10:15 pm

Where have you heard anything about Carrick leaving Middlesbrough? … I’ve never seen it mention anywhere or even rumoured. I assumed he was perfectly happy there .

shabba

Post by shabba » Wed May 08, 2024 8:36 am

Interest Podcast from Sky (Transfer talk). They said due to the current financial rules, clubs are still going to struggle and alot need to sell to buy.
New rules may come in the season after but they won't make too much difference it seems.

They said the window opens june 14th but many clubs need to sell by 30th June to balance the books as the football financial year runs to that date.

Players developed at the club represent pure profit in the books so are desirable to sell, i.e over players where a fee was paid. I wonder if this might benefit us, i.e we can target clubs young players - and as we have money to spend before having to sell we might have a slight advantage on some clubs.
We know Town like to buy young players to develop. An example would be Harwood-Bellis at City.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed May 08, 2024 10:51 am

This PL situation could work in our favour re supply and demand curve etc.... Town maybe in a better bargaining position to get the player at a better price maybe ?

shabba

Post by shabba » Wed May 08, 2024 10:59 am

hallamblue wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 10:51 am
This PL situation could work in our favour re supply and demand curve etc.... Town maybe in a better bargaining position to get the player at a better price maybe ?
Exactly. I think alot of teams will need to player trade before they can really spend, so that may also drive prices down a bit.